Hong Kong Sneaker Guide

As a HK native it is a damn shame that I do not know where I can buy shoes since I have not been back there for quite a long time.

To those NTers in HK, where are they?? i will return to HK next week.

Here are the ones I know:

-shoe street in Mong Kwok
-some mall right next to the space dome in Tsim Sa Tsui (is it called trendy zone or update mall?)
-Suen Wor Mall in Mong Kwok
-Sin Dat Mall in Mong Kwok
-I think there is a shop on second floor in Wan Chai near Southam Park

Where else????

UPDATE, January 2003

There is a mall in Mong Kok (very near Sino Center) that is called "King
Wah Center". This center is located on Nathan Road; if you are at the
front of Sino Center, turn right and walk along Nathan Road. About 2
blocks later the King Wah Center is on your right. On the third floor
there are two stores that sell DS vintage Jordans: III black/cement, IV
black/red, V black, VI black/red, VII Olympic, VIII white/red
(original)...Very very cool place. The price is similar to the price sold
on ebay.

the one in Tsim Sa Tsui is update mall
trendy zone is in Mong Kok, at the corner,next to Shun Wor

i'm going back on Dec 25

Come to the Hong Kong summit...us locals will show you around :smile:
smile.gif
hehe!
email: nikedude@netvigator.com

Been here ever since '97

Actually, the correct name for suen war is SINO. It has a sign that you can see on the Nathon Street towards Jordan/TST direction.

There's still a sneaker shop in Update mall??
I went in the summer and didnt see any...where is it?

Yes, the store sells alot of Converse. Thats the only SNEAKER shop in Update Mall.

Good Luck!

David Choi:

I think you are wrong, there is an Adidas Concept Store, a retail store that sells Nike, Adidas, Converse, Reebok, and 1 store that sells onlyw converse.

-mike

Been here ever since '97

ginza in causeway bay ain't bad!! (behind sogo)
"It's easy to sum it up if you're just talking about practice. We're sitting here, and I'm supposed to be the franchise player, and we're talking about practice. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, but we're talking about practice. Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game last it's my last but we're talking about practice man. How silly is that?" -- Allen Iverson

hey guys i am headin to hk in a few days..thanks for the spots..how are the prices compared to USD?

I was just back in HK last month. Mong Kok is amazing. Some of the rarest kicks you can find. But they are very expensive. For newer kicks, I would stick with the shopping malls or chain stores, like Marathon Sports or Royal Sports. Beware of fakes at the Ladies Market unless you're into those things.

Right now, I think "brown" sneakers are hot in HK.

^^ wheat forums dropped a long time ago! i think they've been out at least a month or two.
"It's easy to sum it up if you're just talking about practice. We're sitting here, and I'm supposed to be the franchise player, and we're talking about practice. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, but we're talking about practice. Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game last it's my last but we're talking about practice man. How silly is that?" -- Allen Iverson

they are out????? :frown:
frown.gif

I am sooo out....gotta get my mom to buy it for me

what's the sale price??

okay..back to this post,
I suggest going to the Headcoach (sp?)shop in King Wah center (mong kok)......as for other shops in the mall...all I gotta say is, be careful

check out stores around MONG KOK near the Ladies Street they shoe store after shoe store for cheap! look around for best choices
[/b]​

Reponse to the people looking for XVIIIs:

They have authentic XVIIIs on sale for a pretty good deal down at Ginza, Causeway Bay. I am not too sure about the price, but then from the last price I asked it was a pretty good deal.

David:

I'm not too into And 1s...as they are very out played..everyone has them now :smile:
smile.gif
hahaha! well drop me and email, I'll go check the prices for you!

-mike!

Been here ever since '97

:wow:
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

That's insane! i'm there in 2 weeks from now! I think i'm getting a printout of this before i leave. Dang I am going to be so eff-en happy if i get my grimey hands on those XVIII's.

mjshoe_i.jpg

OK Kookies, lemme see if i got this straight. So your saying that the XVIII's on sale comes with the suede brush, towel, the little "driving manual" and the box like the pic above?!

DaPurePlaya
Sydney, Australia

Give me two pair, I need two pair
So I could get to stompin' in my AIR FORCE ONES,
(Big boys) stompin' in my AIR FORCE ONES" -Nelly

will be going to hk in like two weeks...... can anyone suggest where to find like VC2(red/white) ; AJ XI (black/red) and other intresting kicks.... :rofl:
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom