Hoop in SF

need a place to hoop in the san jose or surrounding areas, preferrably free with good competition. also any good basketball leagues? where the hoopers be at mannn

i ball evhs everyday pretty much
people usually come at 3:30ish and leave around 6 (or when its cold and suns down)

during summer or good weather, people come during 6:00 and leave around 9ish or when suns down

evergreen valley high school*

not indoor btw, but the outdoor courts are pretty nice

6 full courts available, 1 court with a slightly slanted rim, another that has half court only (the other rim is got gamebreakered)

only 2 full courts have nets though

during the rainy season, only 2 full courts are available and 1 with the slanted rim

Don't know any spots by San Jose cuz I'm in the eastbay. There are a lot of leagues though, but not for free.

Originally Posted by erweeezy

thanks for the info anyone know of any indoor open runs?
on sunday nights, i play indoors at menlo college, its open gym
people usually show up from 7pm and closes at 10pm

competition is pretty good sometimes (but then again im not that good 
laugh.gif
)

its nowhere near san jose though, but its the only place i know

asian league:  dreamleague

good comp, but scheduling is terrible.  you never know location and tip off time until thurs (at the earliest) and games are on sundays....

I was thinking of making my own dreamleague team, do they have a division where you don't have to be Asian though?

I was thinking of making my own team for dreamleague. Is there a division where you don't have to be Asian though?

JGhost, wheres the run in the East Bay? I moved to Concord from SF and I cant find anything out here...

You can also ball at Logan in Union City they have some nice outdoor courts and they are lighted during the evening. Not sure during the winter time, but maybe they are still on. They have like 10 full courts to play on also. I know I use to play there on Weds nights and it was coo, a lot of people show up and play. Or you can go and check out Bollinger Park in San Ramon. Never played there but heard they have some good competition out there.

Originally Posted by Jgh0st23

I was thinking of making my own team for dreamleague. Is there a division where you don't have to be Asian though?

What's good Jon. There is a open league that's not all Asian and I've seen some pretty good teams.

Originally Posted by beezylocks

theres always that park in cambell
always competition there
laugh.gif

OH MAN!
do you play every tues? whats the competition like? im a 5'7" asian guy, not very athletic, do you think i can hang 
nerd.gif

if everyone is around my height, ill probably come out since i end school on tues at 9am

Originally Posted by DeewLay

asian league:  dreamleague

good comp, but scheduling is terrible.  you never know location and tip off time until thurs (at the earliest) and games are on sundays....

you said it bruh! scheduling is hella terrible. my team is never playing in our "timeframe"
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Jgh0st23

i thnk its the divisions tht say open or something like that.there's AL open and NL. they're a higher echelon competition division.but if u look around the website, any division with "open" next to itshould be cool

Thanks for the info guys. Always wanted a league with better competition. Me and most of my friends that hoop with all played in High school and college, and it is just weird playing in some leagues where there isn't good comp. If I had more Asian friends I would wanna play in the Asian division too but all my friends who are good aren't, I might make a team if I have time.

Originally Posted by RETROfitted

JGhost, wheres the run in the East Bay? I moved to Concord from SF and I cant find anything out here...
Tice Valley or Pleasant Hill Middle School/Adult Gym.

Dunno if Bollinger in San Ramon is still poppin as I'm far removed, but back in the day (since they had lights) you could get a lot of run for all levels of competition.

Back in the days, specially during summer, I used to get good games on the A court at campbell park. Don't know if its changed much since most of those fool are probably locked up or dead by now.

Whas good?  I go to SF State, been lookin to play so decent pick up bball.  Dont know where to go for solid games, good amount of people.  Any suggestions?

check out the lowell courts on the wknds.  lotsa runs....and it's right by sf state...

Originally Posted by jae oh en

Originally Posted by jcsellsf

gellert basketball league, my personal fav is "the dudes"
laugh.gif
cosign, the talent in this league is off the charts.

I remember when Pogiwun posted that got me
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom