Hoopin in Jordans....

I dont know if its the way I play or what, but whenever I play in Jordans, I end up "messing" them up. Scuffing them, cracking midsoles etc. I know some people rock them and they still look good after many days of playing. Anyway..........if you were gonna take a pair in great condition and just say eff it, and hoop in them, what would you choose and why? Knowing theyre basically gonna get messed up.

nike-air-jordan-9-grey-white-cool-grey.jpg

Air-Jordan-13-XIII-Retro-White-Neutral-Grey-University-Blue_5.jpg

AJ+13whig-%C3%97wheat.jpg

I dont know if its the way I play or what, but whenever I play in Jordans, I end up "messing" them up. Scuffing them, cracking midsoles etc. I know some people rock them and they still look good after many days of playing. Anyway..........if you were gonna take a pair in great condition and just say eff it, and hoop in them, what would you choose and why? Knowing theyre basically gonna get messed up.

nike-air-jordan-9-grey-white-cool-grey.jpg

Air-Jordan-13-XIII-Retro-White-Neutral-Grey-University-Blue_5.jpg

AJ+13whig-%C3%97wheat.jpg

I'd take anything that wasnt that expensive for me, or something that I dont care about that much. I balled in LS 14s (the last jordan I bought, and I loved those shoes, I still have em in the box, havent rocked in a year or so)....I did care about my LS's, I checked for creasing and fixed the tongue every timeout we took. I cleaned the bottoms everytime I wore em too, just making em look fresh as possible..So I would bet that anyone would ball in something they dont care about, but I'm wondering if there are some heads who dont care and will ball in any shoe?

Great thread idea I must say. We'll get some interesting responses.

I'd take anything that wasnt that expensive for me, or something that I dont care about that much. I balled in LS 14s (the last jordan I bought, and I loved those shoes, I still have em in the box, havent rocked in a year or so)....I did care about my LS's, I checked for creasing and fixed the tongue every timeout we took. I cleaned the bottoms everytime I wore em too, just making em look fresh as possible..So I would bet that anyone would ball in something they dont care about, but I'm wondering if there are some heads who dont care and will ball in any shoe?

Great thread idea I must say. We'll get some interesting responses.

Retro's are for casual wear...it's a 20 + year old old design after all. You will never beat the comfort and durability of the newer J's for ball, so I don't even bother trying anymore.

Retro's are for casual wear...it's a 20 + year old old design after all. You will never beat the comfort and durability of the newer J's for ball, so I don't even bother trying anymore.

Originally Posted by luvtheshoe

This^^ why play ball in shoes with old technology. And OP retros are made for casual use, its a sad but true fact.

Originally Posted by luvtheshoe

This^^ why play ball in shoes with old technology. And OP retros are made for casual use, its a sad but true fact.

the xx2's r surprisingly real comfortable to ball in. especially with the interchangeable support.

the xx2's r surprisingly real comfortable to ball in. especially with the interchangeable support.

Having played ball in all of the numbered Jordans from 3-23, my favorites and not so favorites (the ones I did not mention are middle of the road in terms of performance):

3 thru 5- Not so great, old, cushioning was sub-par (good for their time, but not in the face of the newer Jordans)

XI- Overrated. Uppers not very sturdy, good shoe overall tho for hoops.

XII, XIII, and XIV- I found these excellent for hooping, especially the XIV. 3 of my favorites to play in in terms of comfort and overall performance.

XVI- did not like, poor traction.

XVII, XVIII, XIX - all 3 are great, with the edge going to the XVIII (great zoom air setup and good traction). XIX are ugly, but a great performer as well, minus the awful lacing system.

XX, XX2 - also very good ball shoes, comfortable and good traction. I would say the XX2 are probably the best Jordan overall to play ball in.

Having played ball in all of the numbered Jordans from 3-23, my favorites and not so favorites (the ones I did not mention are middle of the road in terms of performance):

3 thru 5- Not so great, old, cushioning was sub-par (good for their time, but not in the face of the newer Jordans)

XI- Overrated. Uppers not very sturdy, good shoe overall tho for hoops.

XII, XIII, and XIV- I found these excellent for hooping, especially the XIV. 3 of my favorites to play in in terms of comfort and overall performance.

XVI- did not like, poor traction.

XVII, XVIII, XIX - all 3 are great, with the edge going to the XVIII (great zoom air setup and good traction). XIX are ugly, but a great performer as well, minus the awful lacing system.

XX, XX2 - also very good ball shoes, comfortable and good traction. I would say the XX2 are probably the best Jordan overall to play ball in.

In the past year I have ball in my..

-XII (flints)
-XIX (low)
-X (steel)

I almost beat all of them to death..

Back
Top Bottom