HORRIBLE experience with Nike customer service--they banned me?!

I just had a HORRIBLE experience with Nike customer service, and wanted to share it with everyone.

The whole situation began when I returned two orders to Nike. I returned both orders using the prepaid UPS labels generated by the Nike website. The tracking information indicates both weighed 4 pounds and were delivered to Nike shortly after I shipped them.

Apparently, there is an issue at Nike’s warehouse (either theft or incompetence) because I received separate emails from Nike that alleged both packages were empty when received. I contacted Nike’s customer service number about this issue. Initially, I was told the emails were a mistake on Nike’s part and that I should ignore them. After several days went by and I had not received refunds for the two orders, I contacted Nike again. Again, I was assured the matter would be escalated and that I would receive refunds for the two orders. However, all I received back was another email that alleged the packages had been received empty. So, I contacted Nike a third time. Again, I was assured the matter would be escalated and that I would receive refunds for the two orders. However, I received a third email that again alleged the packages had been received empty.

Frustrated with the service I had received and still without a refund, I initiated separate credit card disputes with my credit card company on 11/03/2018 in an attempt to receive the refunds for the orders I had returned. The first dispute was resolved in my favor on 11/12/2018. The second dispute was resolved in my favor on 12/11/2018.

Since I initiated the credit card disputes, I have been unable to place orders with Nike. I contacted Nike customer service about the issue. Initially, I was told there was an issue with my billing address that was preventing me from placing orders. Later, I was told that I was temporarily blocked due to have attempted too many orders in a short period of time. Neither of these were the case. Given the timing of the issue and the timing of the credit card dispute, I speculated that the two were related. Finally, someone at Nike customer service indicated that my account was indeed frozen due to the credit card dispute. He indicated that after the credit card dispute was resolved, I would potentially be able to place orders again. Once the credit card dispute was resolved in my favor, I contacted him again, but to my surprise, he indicated that my account would not be unfrozen unless I reimbursed Nike for the money that had been refunded to me. Obviously, that is an unacceptable response. I have asked to speak to the individual’s manager on the phone, but he has refused.

So, here I sit. Banned by Nike because of issues (theft or incompetence) at their warehouse and a customer service rep with his head firmly up his own derriere. Don't let this happen to you!

What do you expect them to do? They show no record of merchandise received for whatever reason and then they get left with chargebacks.

Move on and order from another outlet. They are not a charity, they are a business.

Da45, they have a UPS shipping record that shows they received packages that were not empty. If they can't find the returned merchandise, they have an issue at their warehouse. Why punish the customer for the theft or incompetence that happens under their own roof?

Move on. Hell I probably wouldn’t even buy a Nike product if I got dicked like that. That’s crazy. They should’ve just refunded you and keep it moving. It’s not like they would’ve landed in the poor house if they did. :smh:

Last edited:
Tell me what you were trying to buy from Nike and I will direct you to a better product from a different brand that is probably cheaper in price.

For future reference, if you can, return to a store. That way you will are guaranteed a return (assuming you meet the return criteria) but you also get the refund immediately.

refudns never get back to you immediately. it will get processed immediately at the store and set in motion, but itll still take some days to actually get ya money back in da bank. unless u reqest a giftcard, which can b done on the spot.

if i know i sent back 2 pairs of shoes, im def not gonna sit here and eat the cost of those 2 pairs just because somebody in their warehouse lost or stole the return....

A return was delivered on the 3rd of this month and still haven't gotten a refund yet :smh:

call em. i would. i returned something that got delivered to nike on 12/12 and i just got the email today that they issued a refund and processing it. i should have my bread in 2 or 3 days.

if your return was delivered on the 3rd, you shoulda BEEN had your refund

I figure there was a warehouse delay or something. Chatted with them and they're processing the refund. Adidas refunds you right after you ship the return out.

Back
Top Bottom