Horrible semester unappreciation vol. Feel like quitting

I just looked at my grades for this semester and I had my worst semester ever. I worked hard and got %$@%+@ results. It doesn't help that I had to withdrawfrom a class that I would have failed. I don't know how to feel right now. I'm not telling my parents at all. Although I have one year left, I justwant to quit and just go to some CC and finish or enlist in the military. Its not worth it anymore. My overall GPA definitely felt the effects of myperformance this semester. I worked so hard undoing the mistakes of my freshman year just to have this happen. Grad school is merely a dream right now. Noadmissions office in their right mind would accept me.

Originally Posted by Lazy B

I just looked at my grades for this semester and I had my worst semester ever. I worked hard and got #%#$%+ results. It doesn't help that I had to withdraw from a class that I would have failed. I don't know how to feel right now. I'm not telling my parents at all. Although I have one year left, I just want to quit and just go to some CC and finish or enlist in the military. Its not worth it anymore. My overall GPA definitely felt the effects of my performance this semester. I worked so hard undoing the mistakes of my freshman year just to have this happen. Grad school is merely a dream right now. No admissions office in their right mind would accept me.
what? you are scaring me.
frown.gif

I know how you feel.. got a 2.5 this semester, but then again, I smoked all day everyday and put 0 effort into anything.

Originally Posted by sauuceking

Are you sure your not just a lazy B?
laugh.gif
No. I actually bust my *!* working hard this semester.IMO I worked harder this semester than I did last semester and my GPA was
pimp.gif
. To say that it fell would be an understatement.

Because if you studying 3 hours for every hour in class, every week then your should be fine
I don't understand how people are doing this - that's on average, 45 hours of studying a week outside of 15 hours of class... To have donethat, plus work 30 hours like I did in school.. that's 90 hours of work/school a week. I don't know anyone that worked this hard in school. Isupposed going to school without having to work would've made things a lot easier, and I'd have actually had time to consider partying and what not..but still, I don't think most under-grad classes could really take up that much time in your life.. 45 hours a week studying is just OD to me.

I mean - some of my 400 level classes required that much, but that was like 2 classes my entire college career.

yea, I rarely studied both for undergrad and grad school. I always said that studying is for those who don't pay attention in class. but in all honesty,now that I am older I realize that people learn in different ways. to the OP, you just have to find out what works best for you. what did it for me was when Iwas able to distinguish/distill the things the teacher said. I was able to realize that when a teacher spoke in a particular tone of voice or did someparticular mannerism that what they were saying was def going to be vital to the course. every teacher was different but most all do something like this.anyhow, giving up may seem like a good idea but you will only regret it later. your GPA isn't as important as you being willing to learn in a real job downthe line.

Did you have any outside distractions?

I had a similiar semester my third year. I took a semester off, built up some money, got me and my GF settled in a decent place with low rent, sorted out mywork siutation, then tried again the next semester.

You'd be suprised how much more you can focus on school when you limit your outside distractions. I ended up going from a 2.2 (bad semester) to a 3.8

Originally Posted by CJ863

Lazy B wrote:
maybe this is the problem???

Again no. That was my name on another website that I was on.

Did you have any outside distractions?
The only "distraction" was getting sick for three weeks during midterms. My mom wanted me to go to the hospital to get checked out but Ichose not to. I didn't even party/drink until the final two weeks of the semester.

relax homey...there's nothing you can do about it now, so just chill and get yourself psyched for next semester.

You're not working hard enough. There are obviously countless distractions that prevent you from doing what you are capable of doing

Back
Top Bottom