Housing stimulus: Air Jordan buys humble abode

Posted by Jose Lambiet | Cribs, Hookups | Monday 23 February 2009 1:22 pm

mj-and-swirl.jpg

M.J. and Yvette Prieto at the All Star weekend (photo deadspin.com)

What's the matter? Jupiter's not good enough for Michael Jordan?

Instead of building on the two lots he bought at the Bears Club last year, the retired basketball superstar took a 30-year mortgageand is playing house in modest suburban Miami with his new galpal, Cuban model Yvette Prieto.

Must be love!

According to Miami-DadeCounty records, the 30-year-old hottie and Air Jordan now co-own a home in the Highlands at Kendall gated community near the Magic City.

It's a small humble thing, compared to what the 46-year-old Jordan is used to. Property appraiser records list the three-bedroom home at 5,500 square feet.

But it's anonymous enough. None of the neighbors called by Page2Live realize that the six-time NBA champion is on thedeed of the SW 92[sup]nd[/sup] Terrace two-story villa.

Said the sexy-voiced Prieto: "I can't talk about the house just yet. Sorry."

The lovebirds, last spotted together at the NBA All-Star game in Phoenix Feb. 15, paid a down market $281,000 for it.

They took out a 30-year,$196,000-mortagage. Yep. One of the best-paid basketball players ever actually went to Suntrust Mortgage for the cash.

Why? Probably because Prieto, who's also a mortgage holder, filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy in 2002. It took her two years to gether finances straightened.

Jordan, who's managing member of basketball operations with the NBA's Charlotte Bobcats, bought two empty lots atJupiter's fancy Bears Club for a total $4.8 million but seems to have no plan to build in the immediate futurethere.

Except for her place on the arm once divorced Jordan, little is known about the woman and very few modeling pictures are available. Staterecords list her as a principal of three companies based in Miami: Aqua Management LLC, a small management company for gated communities; Mina's jewelry,her family's jewelry business; and Lakshmi Aromatherapy Spa in Coral Gables.

The Bobcats refused to make Jordan available for a chat.

laugh.gif
smh.gif
money! dude learned a valuable lesson from his ex-wife taking so much, i can't believe that wasn't noted in the article. but yeah... g.o.a.t.needs to burn his wardrobe (she's super hot btw)

"They took out a 30-year, $196,000-mortagage. Yep. One of the best-paidbasketball players ever actually went to Suntrust Mortgage for the cash.

Why? Probably because Prieto, who's also a mortgage holder, filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy in 2002. It took her two years to gether finances straightened."

I'm trying to imagine MJ going to that Mortgage place with his girl
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by cronicmole

/Does this mean MJ is financially in trouble or just playing it safe?
neither the broad went bankrupt he probably lent his credit rating to help her get the loan...what bank is going to deny Michael Jordan a loan?

Originally Posted by Hen Lin 32

Originally Posted by RellNye

This dude Mike is an idiot off the court.
roll.gif

laugh.gif

Why? Probably because Prieto, who's also a mortgage holder, filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy in 2002. It took her two years to get her finances straightened.

his woman can't even afford to dye her own roots.

Originally Posted by RellNye

This dude Mike is an idiot off the court.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I'd buy a broad a house though, if I was that paid. Why not? He has to know by now that women aren't getting with him because he's a super cool,sharp-dressed guy. He probably bought her the crib so she can get out of his face whenever he wants to hit off some other chicks.

But yeah, Mike's wardrobe has NEVER been what's poppin'. At least he isn't rockin the pirate earring.

Back
Top Bottom