HOUSTON CAR CULTURE DOCUMENTARY (SLABS)

Ugly *** rims. This guy in my apartment complex got his car put on blocks in broad daylight.

I do remember this one time though, I was on the highway and there was a long line to get off the exit and you know how people would try to ride the freeway as long as the can and swerve in at the last second? I seen this dude lurking from behind and I was trying to cut him off, but he managed to get in front of me. Dude just started swanging and swerving in front of me real slow. All I could do was :lol: :smh:

But yeah, to me, this trend is stupid.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

no disrespect but i feel like those wheel only look good on old school Caddy, Lincoln, and chevy...not Phantoms and Maserati

Last edited:
I am from Houston born and raised.

Went to Rhoads Elementary and Woodson Middle on the South Side.

B. Jordan High and Graduated Scarborough on the North in 99.

I find Vogue and 4's atrocious. Spending 4k for wheels that resemble speedracer wheels is hilarious.

I have yet to meet a woman that thinks these are nice. Ratchets, yes they love em.

They only peps that like them are other dudes. Every time I see these dudes swangin, Its in front of other guys. Majority of the women dont even notice.

Some one said its like the shoe game you completely correct. A bunch of dudes looking to stunt for other dudes. They get girls but none of the ones I look for.

I sat in the county and listened to dudes argue about other dudes cars for HOURS.. :smh:

Who cares about what kind of girls they pull.  

Some do it out of pure personal interest and some like the idea of besting their peers same with just about every other hobby out there.

What is so wrong with that?

no disrespect but i feel like those wheel only look good on old school Caddy, Lincoln, and chevy...not Phantoms and Maserati
very, very true.

i'll take it a step futher and dont think they only look good on DOMESTIC whips...

no lexus and toyotay, nissan, etc...

I find Vogue and 4's atrocious. Spending 4k for wheels that resemble speedracer wheels is hilarious.

I have yet to meet a woman that thinks these are nice. Ratchets, yes they love em.

They only peps that like them are other dudes. Every time I see these dudes swangin, [COLOR=#red]Its in front of other guys. Majority of the women dont even notice. [/COLOR]

Some one said its like the shoe game you completely correct. A bunch of dudes looking to stunt for other dudes. They get girls but none of the ones I look for.
this is very true famb...

but...

I have yet to meet a woman that thinks these are nice.[COLOR=#red] Ratchets, yes they love em[/COLOR].

They only peps that like them are other dudes. Every time I see these dudes swangin, Its in front of other guys. Majority of the women dont even notice.

:pimp:

On another note that red and blue thang was set by Slim Thug and ESG. Back when they finally squashed the beef between the north and the south with that song.

At that time all of Northside music came out of Acres Homes. Slim was from Acres Homes and he had a blue slab and it wasn't even candy then, it was blue with a thousand coats of clear to resemble candy and wet. Technology had not developed a blue candy yet. When slim had his slab it had not really caught on in north. So I would say he was the first in the 44 to drive a slab. To this day there are less slabs in the north than south.

ESG is a south rapper. At the time there were a few guys with Candy Apple Red Slabs and if something was popin in Houston they were there. You could see them up and down MLK, Mac Gregor Park, and at the Kappa. So ESG claimed red. Candy red paint was developed first, so it was hot back then and was the first to be put on cars.

This was about 1998/1999

North and southside Houston are two different cities. At the time the North was really mixed esspecially west of 45. There were still white folks in the north. The southside was straight black and has the largest amount of hoods. You actually had to leave to see white folks.

Last edited:
h town car culture is dope, but theres nothing like that bay area car culture. talk about swingin em we really swing em out here. muscle and performance cars shutting down intersections, freeways and bridges lol. always crackin at the side show :smokin

Last edited:
^^^

*waits for maro / pony boys to shut down the new bay bridge on the 1st day it opens*

Last edited:
i got mad love for the houston slab culture since i live out here now and seen it first hand, also have a few homies here in the "nawf" with slabs.

But i grew up on that SoCal LA Lowrider ishhhh so that's always going to be #1 for me :smokin

this garbage ain't touchin the LA car scene, let alone all of Cali
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I didn't know this was A>B thread 
grin.gif

Last edited:
this garbage ain't touchin the LA car scene, let alone all of Cali :lol: :lol:

maybe, but that entire scene has been well documented and its influence is so ubiquitous that it is almost the standard for all car scenes in the US, imo.

Last edited:
houston slab culture was heavily influenced by the lo lo's from cali...we took the spokes and added our own flavor
"in houston they're elbows in cali they're daytons"...lil keke

The game changed substantially since TWW (Texan Wire Wheel) introduced the reproduction swangers. In the old days, you had to find actual rims from 1984 to have 84's. Obviously, those are in limited supply because no more can be made so getting killed over them wasn't uncommon. It's very rare, now, to find somebody with the OG 1984 Cragar wheels. However, people still steal these things--often. I met a guy who had his leg blown off because he and some friends were trying to take them off this guy's car while parked in his drive way. Guy came out and made sure he didn't lose his wheels.

It started getting ridiculous when TWW started making them in all sorts of sizes--and I'm not just talking by making them in 20's and 22's. TWW has some new ones that stick out over 10 inches. In TX, and probably most states, anything that sticks out more than 6 inches from the side of the car is illegal. Further, these extended sizes and diameters sometimes make a mockery of the OG wheels. IMO these things don't look right on SUV's or trucks ever. I don't even think they look good over 17 inches on cars.

Originals:

TWW oversized reproductions:

Ironically enough, TWW is based out of California.

h town car culture is dope, but theres nothing like that bay area car culture. talk about swingin em we really swing em out here. muscle and performance cars shutting down intersections, freeways and bridges lol. always crackin at the side show
smokin.gif
i never get tired of seeing this 
laugh.gif
 dudes shut down traffic on a freeway to stunt in some muscle cars 

I don't respect the grown men who fix up their only car in this fashion and drive with their children inside

it's so dangerous and irresponsible

outside of that its ight but def not what I'd do if I customized a car

I don't respect the grown men who fix up their only car in this fashion and drive with their children inside

it's so dangerous and irresponsible

outside of that its ight but def not what I'd do if I customized a car
i can respect that you got your show whip and your humble/family whip.

I saw some Slabs today.

I felt like they were gonna pop my tires out!

pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom