Houston Rockets Thread 2023/2024 - Rockets Record?? #BoutFieHunnit

Man I love these blue unis. Best thing about this season besides picking up Christian Wood.

Love those units as well. I’d like the previous City ones if they had a different color, but I’m enjoying a legitimate uniform rapping the city instead of pandering to the Chinese market.

I hate em.

Wall looking excellent. We might of got off with a finesse with the extra 1st along with Wall. Russ looks terrible out there in Washington.

Yea it’s early but oh man Russ is back to his triple doubles while losing. But that’s the “culture” he wanted. The general media was VERY loud about how good the Wizards roster was, but looks like they were terribly wrong.

Up to halftime, what a damn game. So much movement on both sides and guys swarming everywhere. It’s like a track meet.

The defense had the Kings in Rikers in the 4th quarter cot damn. Great contributions from a lot of guys. I didn’t even know Harden was a late scratch til after the game. But it’s nice to have somebody second in command seamlessly lead the offense.

Felt like the Mavericks were hitting a ton of fluke *** ****. Every shot they threw up whether contested or not would go in and ideally that garbage flips in the second half. They also have to know that THJ always plays well against them and should attempt to defend him.

Bad loss here. Guys reverted back to the MDA style of offense (and by proxy, defense as well). Silas basically said the same:

Somehow they looked like the ones who were on a back to back instead of Dallas. Harden looked sluggish, guys were missing bunnies, and the defense was poor. THJ only scores that amount of points against us, and that let WCS score 15 when he averages 4. Neither player will combined for that output within the next 3 games. Gotta shake that crappy loss off and prepare for the Pacers.

Whistles stymied the game early and we never caught any rhythm after that. Low energy game all round. Ball was stagnant. Not a lot of movement. Some nice flashes, but not enough to overcome Mavericks hot shooting and poor effort

Whistles stymied the game early and we never caught any rhythm after that. Low energy game all round. Ball was stagnant. Not a lot of movement. Some nice flashes, but not enough to overcome Mavericks hot shooting and poor effort

The whistles were disgusting. And it’s almost like they realized the quick impact Cousins was having and get him the hell outta there. That was disgusting and unnecessary.

Harden and Luka both checked in with slightly less than 8 minutes left. Dallas was only up 2, and harden didn’t close it. This tweet kinda sums it up though, and it was great to see the bench go on multiple runs in the same game while the starters were playing like crap.

Yeah it’s looking bad for PJ. Love him but it might be time to move on. Hope some team cash him out though

sterling brown should start at the 3 in the interim. I'd toy with starting tate over PJ too as he works back into shape.

this feels eerily like the 2015-2016 season where we went 41-41 after a WCF run the year prior but could also end up like the 2018-2019 season where we started 11-14 and finished 53-29 when everyone got back healthy.

Defense needs to get much better, cause too many easy shots are going in. And also, it once again feels like the Rockets are getting hammered with no calls on one end, and ticky tack whistles on the other end. Think this game needs to be one of those Harden takeover ones instead of him deferring, gotta ignite some runs.

Garbage officiating aside, Cousins should’ve been in there down the stretch. They were playing really good defense then couldn’t secure a board and there was Sabonis just making it look easy with a weak *** put back. Wall had some careless TOs as well. Would be nice to have a full squad for a change, but this should’ve been a win. Tough honest and coming up with the Magic and two Lakers games coming up.

Hopefully we can get a full squad back soon. I do feel as if it will be 15/16 type season though :smh:

Hopefully we can get a full squad back soon. I do feel as if it will be 15/16 type season though :smh:

I actually think more 18/19. All these teams are bunched together and it’s early. People were saying the Hawks would be in the ECF just last week and now they’re the 8th seed. Brooklyn is currently 4-4 and 9th. The Pelicans are the 6th seed. We just need all our guys back properly and Covid not to ruin any more stuff. My biggest concern is that they still need to find another backup big to be insurance for any Boogie health problems or suspensions. Dwayne Dedmon is sitting on the couch right now and would be perfect for that role. Bring him in and boot Bruno before his contract is guaranteed.

Back
Top Bottom