Houston Rockets Thread 2023/2024 - Rockets Record?? #BoutFieHunnit

100% a nuggets deal involving mpj would be the front runner imo. he's shown flashes and has the most potential out of anyone we can possibly land. anything outside of that, i will NOT be excited about and looking forward to. i can't imagine we would be able to land murray too, but that'd obviously be awesome too.

most likely we'll end up with simmons or all the nets second rate guys. we can look back on the past few seasons and i think we did have some good runs. i still truly believe we got cheated out of the 2018 title with the officiating in games 6 and 7, but it is what it is.

just watched the video again for ****s and giggles and it still riles me up lol

legacies and career trajectories forever changed. welcome to purgatory.

I just don’t know.....

I would’ve been ok with Levert and Allen but we ain’t gonna have either. I like Oladipo but man...

let the tanking commence

It’s all good. We knew what it was. Yall dudes that are upset blame that on Harden.

He needs to be booed anytime he steps in the Toyota Center for the disrespectful **** he pulled.

20210113_153100.jpg 20210113_153034.jpg 20210113_153130.jpg 20210113_153154.jpg 20210113_153217.jpg

Doubt we keep any of the guys we get except Oladipo. Open up a spot for GG! I expect Tucker and Gordon to soon be traded now.

Unbelievable to get them all unprotected. Add in Clev 2022 pick and the swaps and this is a best case scenario IMO.

Plus I rather have Dipo and see if it works out. If not, he’s off the books. No reason to keep Levert for a longer term IMO. Keep the flexibility.

after having watched them this season, i'm kinda glad we didn't push for simmons. Wall looks to be returning to form and Wood is developing but has some glaring weaknesses. after that? the roster looks kinda shaky. boogie/nwaba/brown/mclemore are literally other teams throwaways. EG and Tucker on the downside of their careers. tate is a 25 y/o rookie who was playing overseas and danuel house is meh. they probably could've been competitive if harden bought in and played to his MVP level, but the reality is he covered how bad guys 4-9 are. Adding simmons and not having the cap flexibility could have had us in purgatory for a while.

after having watched them this season, i'm kinda glad we didn't push for simmons. Wall looks to be returning to form and Wood is developing but has some glaring weaknesses. after that? the roster looks kinda shaky. boogie/nwaba/brown/mclemore are literally other teams throwaways. EG and Tucker on the downside of their careers. tate is a 25 y/o rookie who was playing overseas and danuel house is meh. they probably could've been competitive if harden bought in and played to his MVP level, but the reality is he covered how bad guys 4-9 are. Adding simmons and not having the cap flexibility could have had us in purgatory for a while.
Agreed.

Flexibility is key. No point in treading water with Simmons/Wall and now we have some trade pieces for contenders (Tucker/Ego/Dipo) to see what we can get. If not let them expire.

Plus the Nets big 3 all got PO and who knows what they do.

Agreed.

Flexibility is key. No point in treading water with Simmons/Wall and now we have some trade pieces for contenders (Tucker/Ego/Dipo) to see what we can get. If not let them expire.

Plus the Nets big 3 all got PO and who knows what they do.

right. we just hope that after KD/Kyrie/Harden contracts expire in 2023, brooklyn is in salary cap hell and has to disband everything

honestly, this is probably the best we could have gotten. insane amount of picks imo and flexibility. helps the rebuild which is better than being stuck as a 8/9 seed for years like we were pre-harden.

honestly, this is probably the best we could have gotten. insane amount of picks imo and flexibility. helps the rebuild which is better than being stuck as a 8/9 seed for years like we were pre-harden.

Yep. Stone did a good job of cleaning up Morey’s mess. You basically have to repair the Rockets’ image (like the Texans have to continue to do with all of Bill O’Brien’s goons). Tilman is obviously trash, but you dug out the biggest tumors from the franchise in MDA, Harden, and Morey. Time to restart fresh, and i honesty don’t think it’ll be some long grueling process, cause they’re still not finished making moves. You can still flip guys for now and the future and still make a move up in the standings.

I’m in on this new look Rockets. I’ve liked Oladipo. They got him early so they can take a long look at him and how he meshes with Wall. Kind of excited to see it all play out.

At this point there’s no reason to not start Boogie/Wood together. You badly need length, and PJ/EG should be on the move. PJ isn’t a starter anymore and it’s been way past his expiration date for starting.

So if I understand all the moves, our depth chart is something like:

Wall - Nwaba
Oladipo - Gordon - Brown
House - McLemore - Kurucs
Tucker - Tate
Wood - Boogie

potentially looking to move Tucker and Gordon as well, but I’m not sure this team makes the playoffs.

Back
Top Bottom