Houston Rockets 2017 Preseason Thread - Spurs MyPlayers Take Over

The Rockets bus ride from Baton Rouge to New Orleans delayed the start for several things for several players. "Everything had to be pushed back," Ryan Anderson said ."Every warmup was completely different today. I went to chapel today instead of doing a little bit of warmup before chapel, all this stuff. It's an excuse, it's something we should have played a whole lot better tonight, but it was a factor."

smfh 

mean.gif

what up fellas

The Rockets bus ride from Baton Rouge to New Orleans delayed the start for several things for several players. "Everything had to be pushed back," Ryan Anderson said ."Every warmup was completely different today. I went to chapel today instead of doing a little bit of warmup before chapel, all this stuff. It's an excuse, it's something we should have played a whole lot better tonight, but it was a factor."

This is despicable :lol: seemed like the only person not running on fumes was Harden, and Lou Will sort of

From Chron:

Three takeaways from the Rockets' 128-112 loss to the Pelicans

1. The Rockets did not blame the bus. They didn't love it. But they resisted any urge to say they started so badly because they had spent nearly two hours on I-10 coming in from Baton Rouge because they could not get enough satisfactory hotel rooms in New Orleans. It was a lousy way to approach the game. NBA players are remarkably devoted to their pregame routines, stretching, shooting and even praying in the same schedule in every pregame. Making a mess of that should not have been no more than a nuisance and not too much to overcome. The Rockets knew that. But the Pelicans opened the game shooting 3s far better than they normally do and playing with the aggressiveness of a team that clearly remembered the rout a few weeks earlier. A team that much more aggressive and determined will usually win. The Pelicans won by so much because in addition to that huge disparity in effort and intensity they shot so well. Even if the Rockets seemed out of sorts from the start, it was not the first time they defended passively, especially early. Once an NBA team gets on that kind of roll, it is even more difficult to turn around. The Rockets never could. That might have had nothing to do with how they got to the game, but next time, they'll stay in the neighborhood.

2. As much as the Rockets offense is built around the idea that a defense can't stop everything, the Pelicans went into the game accepting that they could not stop James Harden and would instead take away what they could. They sent little extra help to defend Harden and he burned them for 41 points in his 18th triple double of the season. Since 1973-74, only Magic Johnson and Russell Westbrook have had more in a season. But the Pelicans kept bodies on Clint Capela rolling to the basket and left the Rockets shooters open at a minimum. Capela had a couple attempts blocked and began trying to finesse the ball to the rim, making just 3 of 9 shots. The Rockets shooters around Harden combined to make just 9 of 30 3s. They can knock down more of the kind of shots that Pelicans allowed, but they can also expect to see more defenses determined to make them prove it, even if it hurts them against Harden. He kept the Rockets in the game, but needed someone else to get on a roll. No one did.

3. The Rockets' goal for the remainder of the season is to remain in third in the Western Conference. It won't take many more wins to achieve that. But the more important aspiration, which would take care of the first goal if achieved, is to hit the playoffs playing well. The Rockets have three weeks to develop habits for the post-season. As difficult as it might be to maintain the top focus and intensity when they seem so locked into their playoff seed, there are more than enough games remaining to send the Rockets into the post-season on a roll or stumbling. Consecutive games against the surging Nuggets, including tonight's in the second half of a back-to-back, will provide tough tests. From there they get a rematch with the Pelicans before meeting the Thunder, a potential first-round opponent, in Toyota Center. Add in two games against the Warriors and it is clear the Rockets cannot bide their time for the playoffs to begin. One loss does not mean that they have already looked past the remainder of the post-season, but it does offer a reminder that these games can be important as opportunities to play the way they will have to when the playoffs do begin in three weeks. The Rockets had some momentum going with a three-game winning streak, including the Sunday win against the Cavaliers. This time of year, as difficult as it might be to avoid thoughts of what will come next, they cannot be satisfied.

I'm not buying a 2 hour bus ride on game day didn't affect them.

Here's something that's interesting though, the rockets have lost 5 of the last 7 games in which Nene rest.

Doesn't seem like Harrell is that much worse than Nene.

Currently watching the replay. 3pt shooting stinks but they managed to stay within a reasonable amount to make a run. Also, Nene on the court really does matter :lol:

I wouldn't been so pissed watching this live :lol: come out sluggish, missing a lot of 3s, taking the lead, having a lead erased, going up 3 and then fouling on a 3 pointer, luckily dude missed :lol: nice bounce back game though. I actually assumed they would win cause the Rockets for years have been a weird team losing games they clearly should win and winning games when you feel adversity would get to them. Was glad to see Lou Will attacking the rim since his 3s weren't falling. Harden was MVP like again, and Capela/Nene was more than solid at the center position.

Last edited:
damn man, Gary Harris eyes are lighting up with Clint standing at the rim. I would prefer Clint hack the **** out of dudes coming in the paint as opposed to being food.

JH needs to lose more weight. I still pray every year he does this at least a few times, but he just lays it up/basic dunks every time, ha. Guys would double think a lot more when he comes downhill. Feels like a lot of times he's only trying to only exert energy if he absolutely has to :lol:

boys out here trying to coast to a win, while DEN is scrapping to hold on to that 8th seed. I'd guess they'd give a similar to slightly better effort against the Pels Friday.

I guess, get your rest before OKC on Sun. :lol:

Gary Harris, tonight's rando "we playing the Rockets" embracer

Last edited:
boys out here trying to coast to a win, while DEN is scrapping to hold on to that 8th seed. I'd guess they'd give a similar to slightly better effort against the Pels Friday.

I guess, get your rest before OKC on Sun. :lol:

Gary Harris, tonight's rando "we playing the Rockets" embracer

They really are coasting like a MF. Has Harden even rested this quarter ?? I hate these types of games

Back
Top Bottom