Houston Rockets Thread 2023/2024 - Rockets Record?? #BoutFieHunnit

Late in the 3rd quarter again, and despite a 13-0 Grizz run the Rockets are still up by 20 and are basically dismantling them. Former Rockets Legend Dillon Brooks has been soooooo heated this entire game :rofl: outside of that little lull, you couldn’t ask for a better game. This feels like 17/18 Rockets. Everybody is contributing up and down the lineup, and this is without EG. Feel like we should just hold him out til he’s 100% better, take as long as he needs.

Just beautiful. I know this isn’t plausible on a consistent basis, but this is pretty much all I ask. Harden and PJ not being driven into the ground, and a multitude of guys contributing.
EC2C6B2A-E3D0-4F13-B334-F9BE0D53333B.jpeg

austin rivers has been fantastic lately. they're giving him the ball more and letting him work in isolation which is his strength. if he can't get a bucket he can reset to russ or EG in the 2nd unit. these last few games have been fun because like peep said, everyone is contributing.

boston on saturday night should be :pimp:

It’s a nice little run, but I still don’t feel optimistic about it. For the first time in years I don’t think we have a legitimate shot at the title, but I almost feel kind of free. Just sitting back and enjoying it game by game and in the back of my mind just hoping it somehow works out.

It’s a nice little run, but I still don’t feel optimistic about it. For the first time in years I don’t think we have a legitimate shot at the title, but I almost feel kind of free. Just sitting back and enjoying it game by game and in the back of my mind just hoping it somehow works out.
Not trying to be offensive but why dont you think so? You dont believe in small ball? Again, these are just questions im not trying to attack you. I just started rooting for the rockets cuz of russ, and james should have never left. Im just curious

Not trying to be offensive but why dont you think so? You dont believe in small ball? Again, these are just questions im not trying to attack you. I just started rooting for the rockets cuz of russ, and james should have never left. Im just curious

Yeah, I think small ball can definitely lead to regular season success, but in the playoffs, teams will adjust and it will be hard to win a series against a team with a competent big man. Also factoring in the fact that regular season obvious fouls somehow don't become fouls once the playoffs start which leads to less efficient basketball and frustration.

Yeah, I think small ball can definitely lead to regular season success, but in the playoffs, teams will adjust and it will be hard to win a series against a team with a competent big man. Also factoring in the fact that regular season obvious fouls somehow don't become fouls once the playoffs start which leads to less efficient basketball and frustration.
To me even though the sample is small but russ and james can create too many good shots, if they go in is another question. Fouls are def in the playoffs as james has that rep and russ doesnt get as many calls as i think they should but the tough stretch coming up so it should be some type of an indicator

The issue will be on defense and rebounding. The offense should be enough.

This commentary to start the game off is horrendous. This is a nationally televised game and the announcers sound like they have a ton of money on the Celtics.

man that first half had me disgusted, but the second half had me believing lol. rebounding is definitely going to be an issue...especially in late game situations it feels like. four of the next five should be wins. hopefully we can beat the clippers too and then we play the lakers again.

only 1 game behind the 2 seed right now so hopefully we don't get anymore bad losses. i can recall 3 games that we lost on some bs. two buzzer beaters and that 15 point lead we blew against the spurs where harden also dunked it and the refs didn't count the basket. if those were 3 wins, we'd only be 3.5 behind the lakers right now and in striking distance of the 1 seed. hopefully they learn and grow from that stuff though for this post allstar push.

Did y'all peep how RoCo guarded Jaylen in the final possession?

Covington's y'all MVP and that's why Rockets been streaking since he got there

Im on vacay right now and i gotta watch the replay cuz i was blacked out. Wanting to hear the commentary. I knew rockets were coming back. #beardandbrodie

Iggy has been looking exactly how I thought he would had he been traded to the Rockets instead of the Heat. I wasn’t really on board with him being traded here because I felt like he was only playing well against us, and I felt like had he been in a Rockets uniform, he would have suddenly forgot how to play basketball. I just didn’t know what realistic options they had. Little did I know....

Last edited:
This 3rd quarter shutdown was something else. They were bullying Boston and they really didn’t have an answer for it.

tatum in 2 games vs the rockets: 23.5/11/4.5 on 33/21/65 and TS of 45%.

put that man in jail.

Mostly boxscore watching , but wow at the rebounding numbers. Did everybody drink lean before the game or something. Seemed like another one of those games where they thought simply putting their uniform on would be enough. Bad loss, but just refocus for a big game coming up.

I’ll also leave this here just to show where they could’ve gotten 3 points from:
CEC17021-A69D-4F3A-9AEA-48CFB6AF303E.jpeg

52B5FA63-9E92-4764-9EDB-5ED26B80AB17.jpeg

Got out rebounded badly. I think they thought the Knicks would just roll over. A lot of missed rotations defensively in the first half also. Head home and focus on the clippers Thursday

man that first half had me disgusted, but the second half had me believing lol. rebounding is definitely going to be an issue...especially in late game situations it feels like. four of the next five should be wins. hopefully we can beat the clippers too and then we play the lakers again.

only 1 game behind the 2 seed right now so hopefully we don't get anymore bad losses. i can recall 3 games that we lost on some bs. two buzzer beaters and that 15 point lead we blew against the spurs where harden also dunked it and the refs didn't count the basket. if those were 3 wins, we'd only be 3.5 behind the lakers right now and in striking distance of the 1 seed. hopefully they learn and grow from that stuff though for this post allstar push.

I jinxed us. Should have known better. Sorry fellas.

Back
Top Bottom