Houston Rockets Thread 2023/2024 - Rockets Record?? #BoutFieHunnit

Why did Clint only play 20 minutes? The inconsistent defense is maddening. I wish harden would realize good things happen when he drives, 2/16 is just ridiculous and at some point MDA has to address this

I think Clint is at least halfway in the doghouse right now. Our defense is just disgusting, this might be the worst Rockets defensive team I've ever witnessed in my 25 some odd years as a fan and it's not like their incapable of playing D. It could even turn out to be one of the worst in league history, if they keep this up and no Melo to blame this season LOL. If they don't hold AT LEAST 1 of the next 3 or 4 teams we play to under 100 points, I'm really not sure they'll be able to do it with any team the whole season.

8DF3FB4D-80C0-4527-8D27-1451A8E0FB3D.jpeg

Shooting 31 times is absolutely disgusting, including missing that money 3s. As engaged as Harden was last night, him and EG were totally reckless with their shots

This is gross, and again, this falls on MDA, cause he simply doesn’t have any interest in this team playing defense, despite the fact that they have shown flashes of it during these games.

Feel like it will be a tough one in Miami. Either we win by a few or lose by a lot type of game. Hope I’m wrong lol. Don’t like EG starting

Terrible game. So many missed defensive assignments leading to easy buckets. MDA once again leaving 6’5 and under players on legit big men, I’m really tired of him. EG continues to be trash. Next 3 against the grizz, dubs, and bulls, I want all wins

Based on my TL and box score watching, this was one of the most embarrassing b-ball outings across any league. Yea yea, it’s only game 6, but they’re repeating the same things over and over again. I’m gonna rewatch the Texans/Jags game.

This **** is disgusting. Team makes zero effort on d way too often and just keep blaming each other. This team is straight *** right now.

I told yall. It’s over man. We had the chance several times In past runs but this team isn’t it.

MDA gone first off but this season is a wash.

Ehhh there’s more than enough time to salvage it, but they need to get the bell rolling right now. I’ll peep notifications on twitter but other than that, I’m not entertaining this team til I feel like they’re really putting good effort out there

You'd think these high scoring games would at least be fun to watch but they're not in the least. Leave that for the all star game once a year.

Basketball is trash these days and Houston is probably the worst team to watch if you like the game....

Watching harden dribble 15-19 times before making a move is not basketball....

steady blaming MDA because harden refuses to play defense. takes a step back 3, his man releases for a fast break, and harden just stands at the 3 point line watching his miss. interesting stuff.

MDA: ok guys let game plan tonight, just shoot as many I'll advised shots as you can. Some are bound to go in.

PJ: What about defense?

Nobody:

MDA: ok guys let game plan tonight, just shoot as many I'll advised shots as you can. Some are bound to go in.

PJ: What about defense?

Nobody:

if y'all weren't complaining when harden put up 37 last year basically doing the same thing, i don't wanna hear those excuses now. we've continuously created open shots, but we've missed. they aren't "ill advised shots" just because they don't go in.

defense is communication and effort, and the players aren't doing that. hold them accountable for it. they got beat to death last night on hard backcuts, slips, and split cuts because they lazily switch and are too willing to pass off defenders.

if y'all weren't complaining when harden put up 37 last year basically doing the same thing, i don't wanna hear those excuses now. we've continuously created open shots, but we've missed. they aren't "ill advised shots" just because they don't go in.

defense is communication and effort, and the players aren't doing that. hold them accountable for it. they got beat to death last night on hard backcuts, slips, and split cuts because they lazily switch and are too willing to pass off defenders.

We WERE complaining but for the better part of last season Harden was basically the only weapon we had with CP0 out all the time. I'll advised might have been the wrong terminology, but there's alot of bad shots being taken if the 3 ball isnt falling DO SOMETHING ELSE!

Your right defense is on the players, but it's also on the coaches just as much to instill the idea on how and when to play good defense. It's also the coaches JOB to see lazy defense and penalize the player(s). Otherwise they'll just keep doing what they're doing.

we've had 3 of the top 15 offenses of all time in the last 3 years.

our offensive rating last year was the 5th highest in nba history.

we've had 3 of the top 15 offenses of all time in the last 3 years.

our offensive rating last year was the 5th highest in nba history.

Still doesn't mean we weren't complaining about shooting too many 3's especially when they were not falling I mean it basically cost us the title in 2017. We missed 27 straight 3's, had that not have happened or pringles changed his offense we'd most likely be looking at the the Rockets 3 trophy. Please dont misconstrue my criticism, I unlike most like D'antoni he's a players coach like Rudy T but hes got to realize when shots are not falling CHANGE YOU'RE SCEME.

:rofl: @ even the Grizzlies scoring 100 points on us. Low key knew it was gonna happen. Missed the game just going off the box score.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom