Houston Rockets Thread 2023/2024 - Rockets Record?? #BoutFieHunnit

The West is probably as wide open as it's been in years, and there's no better time to take advantage of it than right now. Trading Paul for Westbrook was a complete shock to me and I'm sure a lot of other Rockets fans, but I understood it. Paul continued to get hurt when we needed him, and simply didn't look like the Paul of the previous year, cause it he did, he may have not been traded. I'm fine with it cause it gives you a guy that's basically an ironman like Harden, and the same age, so you basically have them on the same timeline. My main concern this season is simply not being long enough, and I'd dread being eaten alive on the boards, just like a lot of times last year. I hope it doesn't go this route, but there's a chance we may have to flat out outscore guys. Taking the best available shot would be clutch, along with simply bringing effort every night. We saw how last year letting leads get away screwed us over in the standings, and this team needs to know that every game counts. Coming right out the box and beating last year's MVP would be a great start :smokin :smokin

EHf8POLXYAUfRVX

1571889170823.png

1571889256687.png
1571889383548.png

1571889214362.png

1571889473039.png

1571889554560.png

:frown:
1571889588347.png

1571890213172.png

well the first half had me feeling like we could be unstoppable this year, but i still had an uneasy feeling the whole time. we weren't pulling away when we had the chance and kept letting them hang around. eventually they went on a run and we went cold. frustrating way to start the season.

well the first half had me feeling like we could be unstoppable this year, but i still had an uneasy feeling the whole time. we weren't pulling away when we had the chance and kept letting them hang around. eventually they went on a run and we went cold. frustrating way to start the season.

Very frustrating. I was there for this game, and it was like I watched two different teams in 1 night. It’s like they completely went away from what was successful early in the game. What really disgusted me was not a single adjustment was made to match up with the length the Bucks provided. Multiple times down the stretch Brook Lopez or Giannis was matches up on EG and PJ Tucker. Bless their hearts for trying, but Lopez/Giannis shot over them like they weren’t even there. Props to Westbrook for trying to will that win for us when pretty much no one else was doing anything in the 4th.

Encouraging signs aside, that’s a deflating way to start the season. Pels up next, just win while showing improvement.

Also, I watched the entire game and didn’t even notice with MDA was there or not. That pretty much shows his presence on the court. So laid back and only shows fire when a foul is involved.

Was getting a haircut so i missed the 1st half and saw that they were up by 16. MDA screwed up in the 2nd half. Took russ out when he got them lead back in the 4th. He should have put tyson or clint back in when giannis fouled out cuz bucks were either running the offense through middleton or brook and obviously brook destoryed them down low.

Was getting a haircut so i missed the 1st half and saw that they were up by 16. MDA screwed up in the 2nd half. Took russ out when he got them lead back in the 4th. He should have put tyson or clint back in when giannis fouled out cuz bucks were either running the offense through middleton or brook and obviously brook destoryed them down low.

Exactly. Besides a couple 3s, the Bucks ran the same play from the 7 minute mark and on, jump dumping it to Giannis, Brook, or Middleton in the paint, and having them simply shoot over them. It either resulted in a flat out score, the chance to shoot FTs, or and one plays. It was awful, and MDA just set there like a sack of **** and let it happen.

You guys said you difficulty rebounding last year, i dont think that will be as a big as a problem this year. One Russ gets rebs for real and two teams are running so hard to get back on defense that they wont be crashing the offensive glass as hard

Disappointing start to the season but I saw plenty of positives
It made no sense as to why Clint didn’t close with the bucks literally just dropping it off to Lopez
I pretty much liked what I saw from everybody who played last night minus harden and Gordon (who won’t have many nights like this).
Ben looks like he can fill the Gerald green role nicely

We SHOULD finish the month 3-1 heading into November

and yet, brook lopez shot over him with easy. Capela should have been in just to at least provide the length needed to make it difficult on Brook.

Exactly. MDA is a flat out scum for allowing that to happen. You don’t just leave a 6’5” guy on a 7 footer like that. The effort from PJ is unquestioned, but he is still much undersized in that matchup

Side note I've wanted Brook Lopez since his Lakers days... he would have fit this team perfect. For some reason the Rockets showed absolutely no interest. Still can't figure out why we never even set a meeting or try to feel him out.

Lopez was a monster to close that game. Such a ****ty feeling when you’re just watching it happen over and over again and just sit there helpless to stop it.

all good though. A lot of positives in the game still so time to move on and take care of business tonight to get on the right track.

Offense looks pretty darn good, especially for being "rusty". Harden just didnt shoot well, but it's a long season and it's not like that'll happen all season. I loved Westbrook trying to will the W for us in the 4th, we just dont have the size to stop a decent big man. We got to figure something out, Capela looked good in the first half then.... what has happened to him? A while after his play against GS in the playoffs I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, that he was still weak and out of shape after his viral infections (I know stuff like that takes a while to get back to normal) It sure is looking like he peaked 2 years ago, and this all we're gonna get from him. #bringbackDMo or something. Was lowkey Morey was gonna try and poach Sabonis, but with his extension looks like hes staying put for now.

Last edited:
Harden has looked unbelievably lazy. These passes have been terrible, and if he’s gonna continue to do that, may as well keep him on the bench.

Frustrating game to watch due to Harden and the defense they played in spots. For every good effort contest, they had multiple possessions where they were terribly lazy and flat out didn't seem to try. The one possession where they did all that contesting only to let JJ Reddick out-hustle them for a rebound was disgusting. And those leak-out 3s....my ****ing goodness how do you let Josh Hart, Brandon Ingram and Lonzo Ball of all people hit that many open 3s??

Thankfully, they won, and it was mostly due to the relentless hustle Westbrook showed, which is something I think all us Rockets fans 100% knew we were getting when he was traded here. He damn near single-handedly willed this team to a win.

This is where +/- is questionable. I have no idea how Harden was a +7 and Westbrook was a -7. Harden took 18 3s. 18. EIGHTEEN. And hit 2. Outside of EG's 13, no one else took more than 5. That is insane. Thankfully Westbrook only took 3.
RoxStats.JPG

i feel like they're gonna half *** most of the season and then try and pick it up later which is frustrating as a fan to watch. harden played his youtube defense on a few possessions. everyone standing around watching the other team grab offensive rebound after offensive rebound. it's annoying.

These idiots would cut the lead with good passing and paint presence, and would give it right back with not playing defense and jacking up threes. This is awful and MDA is looking like a lame duck coach. Just get rid of him already cause he is clearly coaching to be fired.

Back
Top Bottom