Houston Rockets Thread 2023/2024 - Rockets Record?? #BoutFieHunnit

Man I was really hoping if they tear it down at least make it fun for the fans, even if we aren't winning. Start acquiring draft picks and youngsters, Donald Sterling was just as cheap as Tilman maybe worse, but the Clippers became my second favorite team for a long time with this squad.
SLAM57.jpg
eea51c075d8067b7f0e40399532ef0d3.jpg

They lost alot, but were really fun for me to watch. Other teams followed that formula too like the 76ers with Hinkie, and were also fun to watch even though they lost alot. Now it looks like we're headed straight for mediocrity, and ownership is just fine with that. Just barely good enough to make the playoffs, most of the time and never win. Never bad enough to draft high in the lottery (partially because we have no picks). I feel the dark Stevie Franchise days coming once again. 🥺 I hope I'm wrong though... trading the 16th pick yesterday was kinda disappointing, I was really excited about having a shot at Cole Anthony, wouldn't have panned out since he went 15, but still... I kept telling myself it's because they have something bigger happening then reality set back in.🥺
LTSavings.jpg

Gonna be paper bags over the head for me, Rockets fan no matter what.

Really good pickup. One thing it does is improve the spacing between Harden and WB, along with getting Harden his lob threat back. This is also predicated on you possibly not moving either guy, which seems pretty likely. But also....

Have to see what happens with Russ/harden but really good signing.

Pretty much. I really have no idea what the move is with them, but you’re signing Wood for both now and later. Would love to see what a healthy Russ with Harden and Silas’ plan looks like together. But if guys want to move, then you take the best offer you can.

Love the move. Stone got the coach and biggest FA I wanted. Sheesh.

9M to spend on 6 players though, as we're hardcapped, barring a trade...

Gotta be Tuck or EGo on the move (if they keep Harden/Russ), unless they really think they can just get all minimum deals. Hopefully Jeff Green re-signs at the minimum, at the very least, of all our players.

I'm very close to lying to myself again and putting myself thru this toxicity :lol:

I’m open to keeping EG unless there’s a legit 4-5 to be had. My hope is that Silas runs a more open offense that lets EG slash more instead of being relegated to a standstill shooter.

After some thinking, I see 2 scenarios:
1. EG and picks are traded to free up some space because they have a good FA commitment to sign using the NT-MLE
2. They wait it out and try to get scraps/leftovers after other teams blow their load signing players. This could also be done in addition to #1.

I don't think Tucker gets traded anymore (unless Harden does) unless it's a crazy deal because he's way too linked to Harden.

Some vet min FAs I could see them targeting at positions we need and they'll actually get an opportunity to play: Neto, Wanamaker, Mudiay (yuck), Noel (pretty sure he'll get paid given that he's a Klutch agent now too), Cousins (there's interest there and he's signed for the minimum before after coming off injuries)

No matter what, for this team, Jeff Green is a must. I could see him waiting it out though to see the status of Russ/Harden

What’s the hate behind Gordon ??!?! Y’all tripping he go it’s over for the rockets

Don't mind taking a flier on Zhaire Smith once he gets stretched from the Pistons but since they are hard-capped they can't really afford to miss on their signings

Besides that minimum salary, your best but to upgrade the roster while not moving Russ/Harden is to trade EG and unfortunately PJ.

Mentioned Cousins being a realistic option, glad they got him... solid upside, no risk because he's non guaranteed. Stone is doing a pretty solid job all things considered.

Backup 1/wing should pretty much be the targets left, don't know if Gordon gets moved now.

Along with that wing, they still need another back up big, and due to the amount of money, more than likely that big will be somebody fairly young. You have to preserve Cousins every way possible because you know there’s no way he plays 72 games and possibly not even 50. You have to figure out a way to maximize them for a possible playoff run

Along with that wing, they still need another back up big, and due to the amount of money, more than likely that big will be somebody fairly young. You have to preserve Cousins every way possible because you know there’s no way he plays 72 games and possibly not even 50. You have to figure out a way to maximize them for a possible playoff run
Agreed. They did pick up Kenny Wooten I believe. Hard to see him crack the rotation but he's an athletic freak highlight reel. Great shotblocker, as least in college at Oregon.

Agreed. They did pick up Kenny Wooten I believe. Hard to see him crack the rotation but he's an athletic freak highlight reel. Great shotblocker, as least in college at Oregon.

I think being that bummy *** MDA is out of here, backend guys could get a fair shot of playing time. There shouldn’t be any wasted roster spots now.

Supposedly this clears up that pick
5F65FAD3-EF4B-4EFA-867E-2DF7217389A5.jpeg

Also

Back
Top Bottom