Houston Rockets Thread 18/19 - The Sound Of Going Out Sad

Discussion in 'Sports & Training' started by Peep Game, Oct 16, 2018.

1. second2nonee

second2nonee

Harden really ended up having a better postseason than last year by every metric despite playing 2 of the top defenses. He had to shoulder an even bigger load this year. It sucks that he'll bear majority of the blame, but that's what happens when you're a superstar.

He had some low moments but I'm mad this team rarely carries him and he's expected to bail us out of everything. And a lot of that is on coaching too. He will get rightfully criticized but he deserves better

Peep Game likes this.
  2. puglife

puglife

this was my immediate reaction as well. already had a little time to cool off and i'm a little more level headed. it sucks. it really does...but most of this season i didn't truly think we could contend for a title. then they finally started putting things together and playing the way we thought we would. i still feel like we truly could have won this series. every single game was close and a play or two down the stretch decided things. we have all the major pieces we need, but we need a big that doesn't disappear when we need him most. harden has literally gotten better every single year he's been in the league. i trust he'll make the necessary adjustments. that tweet is spot on. he didn't go full throttle when we needed him to. hopefully this **** tears him up all summer and he gets that fire and killer mentality. i hope the slander he gets is unbearable. it can only help us in the long run.

like i said, we're still not too far off. warriors i believe will at least lose kd. i think everyone else ends up staying. we can beat them though. just need a couple more pieces that i trust morey to find and just need our guys to grow and finish. they wanted it more tonight and i can only hope that we play like that moving forward.

Peep Game and second2nonee like this.
  3. second2nonee

second2nonee

all of this is true, but this is legit stockholm syndrome. i trick myself every year too. i can always see the glass half-empty and half-full side. i gotta see what happens this off-season but i do think we're cursed bros. i just don't know anymore. there is no excuse for what happened these past 2 games. luck handed on a silver platter and they didn't step up. it's tough.

one thing is for sure though, they can't stay pat regardless if they think they can "beat" the warriors. other teams are getting better and better. portland with nurkic, denver gets experience, clips/lakers could add stars. not to mention eastern teams like the bucks and 76ers.

the gap between us and gs got smaller this year but so did us and the rest of the league. nothing will change if they continue to trot out this same roster and playing style. whether they need to up the pace, fire the coach, revamp harden's wingmen, something HAS to change. it's hard to take them seriously otherwise.

i have no idea what's are viable options to improve the team as it currently stands but this off-season is gonna be very telling of this team's future prospects, which do not look good at the moment.

Last edited: May 11, 2019
  4. Peep Game

Peep Game

That 3 or else mindset needs to die already, even if it was mostly defense and effort that cost them this series. Harden is very well versed in midrange, yet MDA (and I guess Morey maybe) has taken that completely away from him. But again, anything I say about Harden would be nitpicking. This boiled down to guys that were supposed to be your 2nd and 3rd best players not coming through. Paul’s numbers were pedestrian by his standards, but Capela was the worst player on the floor for most of the series. He singlehandedly costed them games.

barrebaby and second2nonee like this.
  5. puglife

puglife

Cp played well last night, but besides that he was not good this series. Capela played like a ***** all playoffs.

Cp’s Ungodly contract and harden’s supermax kicking in next season doesn’t leave us much room to do anything I think. Bird rights on most guys we have I believe, but we’ll see what morey comes up with.

second2nonee likes this.
  6. polosanddunks

polosanddunks

They putting a lot of pressure on Morey. He did his job but the team didnt execute. Only thing they can do is trade Capela and picks thats it.

7. fac3 tak30v312

fac3 tak30v312

I’m just throwing this out there but if they’re looking to trade players

Chris Paul + Clint Capela + any prospects they have overseas for AD and another player

8. soundcloud

soundcloud

dam 2 days later. WARRIORSSSSSS

9. Peep Game

Peep Game

Tweeted this earlier, but there’s a dilemma with this team. You can honestly run it back once again and at minimum be at this same point. Unfortunately, that still beats every team other than the Warriors. I don’t know if you make subtle moves or major ones, but whatever it is, your focus should still be 100% on them. Other teams have moved up, but let’s be honest here, most of these teams have overachieved more than anything. I do believe the Nuggets could be a top two team in the West again next year, but I could also see them being beat by teams they technically weren’t supposed to lose to. Pretty big offseason here.

10. Peep Game

Peep Game

[​IMG]

second2nonee likes this.
  11. second2nonee

second2nonee

Our top priority FA. Get 'er done Morey

12. finessesosa

finessesosa

Nah bro aint no running it back anymore against the Warriors. That window is closed and its over.

13. Peep Game

Peep Game

Gonna be honest year, I'm not concerned with much Rockets news until August or September. I don't have time for any rumors and such after this season.

barrebaby likes this.
  14. barrebaby

barrebaby

Feel the same, still got a sour taste after this season, and with not much of anything exciting to look foward to... No real cap space, not really anything of "great" value to trade, no first round draft pick, dont see how we dont regress even more next season unless Morey pulls off something near impossible.

15. finessesosa

finessesosa

Loser mentality and pathetic. I’m not even sure why Morey posted this: