Houston Rockets Thread '19 Preseason - The Tweet Seen Around The World

These two home and home games vs Detroit won't be easy. Blake and Drummond are a force in the paint. I've seen Capela make Drummond look goofy, but Blake wasn't there next to him to score and eat up boards as well.

I'm fine with Blake scoring, but Ish Smith, Stanley Johnson, and Bullock shouldn't be factors in NBA games. Zaza also had 6 points in 7 minutes. That's despicable. Need to limit so much penetration, play solid defense, and take this game over. These refs have been trash too.

What happened this year... It feels like after this has turned into team Petty.. no only really feeling the Rockets
Like you really had the GM sign Carmelo to a 10-game contract... Talk about petty

What happened this year... It feels like after this has turned into team Petty.. no only really feeling the Rockets
Like you really had the GM sign Carmelo to a 10-game contract... Talk about petty

I'd answer this is if I didn't think this was some goofy fake trolling question

It’s a rhetorical question. At first I was like he’s probably out of shape and injured.. just need a month of rest and working out

But then I put on my petty hat and I’m like .. did DAntoni really just have them sign him to a 10-game contract. Was he really like since you care soo much about your money here’s this boatload of

Idk man if I was a petty person ...

Glad they won but what horrendous officiating at home. All I could think about during this game was if they won, just how bad the officiating would be playing in Detroit. These refs really tried holding the hands of the Pistons players and leading them to victory. And of course, we all know there's NBA players that tend to only show up when they play the Rockets. Leuer, Zaza, Stanley Johnson, and Ish Smith all did stuff they don't usually do, but their sliders happened to turn up facing us. It never fails. On the positive side, Harden played a lot of good defense on Blake at key times. They were pretty much going at it the whole game. Paul's midrange shots made me both smile and take a deep sigh cause that's exactly what we needed in game 7 last year vs GSW. Have no doubt we would have won that series had he not gotten injured.

It’s a rhetorical question. At first I was like he’s probably out of shape and injured.. just need a month of rest and working out

But then I put on my petty hat and I’m like .. did DAntoni really just have them sign him to a 10-game contract. Was he really like since you care soo much about your money here’s this boatload of

Idk man if I was a petty person ...

It simply didn't work. There were a lot of reasons the Rockets were terrible around that time, and he was one of the contributing factors, though not the main reason. Injuries, Paul being suspended, those terrible freedom of movement calls, Jeff Bzdelik "retiring", and the Rockets collectively in a shooting slump, which led to their bad defense early.

This loss should not have happened tonight. Various factors went into the loss. I'm cool with if a team just beats you straight up, but it felt like the same refs in Houston also made the trip to Detroit. It was disgusting. Andre Drummond had multiple goal tends that were not called at all. It was a really frustrating game to watch with them taking the game out the Rockets hands like they were almost successful at doing back in Houston. As far as things they could control themselves, Clint's "contest" on that Blake Griffin 3 late was inexcusable. He contested him further away than when he guards Steph. That's probably the biggest reason that game went into overtime in the first place. As far as overtime itself, that blown coverage leading to an open 3 was so damn bad. Seemed like Harden got lost on that possession. Then came Reggie Jackson taking over, a guy who did not a single thing all game til overtime. It never fails with this team to let the most absurd people go off on them. Getting beat by Blake Griffin is something you can take. Getting beat by Reggie Jackson and other guys who have no business taking over games and hitting timely shots is disgusting. Quick turnaround vs the Cavaliers. Nois gross:
excuse not to win that one. They're the Cavs.

Also, this bench production
ROxPissed.PNG

2 points combined from Clark, Green, and Hartenstein, and Ennis/PJ had only 10 points combined before those late points from PJ. That is atrocious.

Chris Paul was sitting out tonight, not for an injury or anything, but just because this was a back to back. I hope this means there’s an Edwards sighting and not just increased minutes for everyone. EG is starting in his spot.

The Rockets have the lowest scoring bench in the league by far.

Hopefully Knight can give us some quality minutes when he comes back from injury.

harrison grabs green to prevent him from getting the rebound right in front of the ref and no call.

offensive goal tending, no call

gordon drive, no call

literally the last 3 plays :lol: smh man these refs are on one.

the play before the 3rd quarter ended where harden doesn't get a whistle but clarkson did the EXACT same thing and gets the whistle confirmed the bad reffing tonight for me though. when clarkson gets calls over harden you know you're in for a rough night.

osman getting bailed out by the refs on the 3 from tucker's "foul"

could go on and on

pathetic rebounding

HORRIBLE officiating

no depth if cp3/harden/gordon sit.

need knight back ASAP and have to hope he's a contributor

the zebras really called that flop as harden hit that 3. stupid af.

Minus the refs, this sums it up. They let a now 4-14 Cavs team out-hustle them. Tristin Thompson killed them on the boards, Clarkson and Sexton swiss cheesed them, and some guy named David Nwaba had 12 points. This was a shameful effort from the Rockets.

Back
Top Bottom