Houston Rockets Thread '19 Preseason - The Tweet Seen Around The World

Rockets guard Brandon Knight (knee) has yet to suit up in Houston, and the wait for his debut is far from over. On Friday, GM Daryl Morey announced that while Knight is working closely with the Rockets performance team, a timeline for return has not been set.

HOUSTON — Houston Rockets General Manager Daryl Morey announced today that guard Brandon Knight is continuing to rehabilitate his left knee following an offseason procedure to accelerate recovery from his previous surgery a year ago.

Knight has been working daily with the Rockets medical and performance team on strengthening his knee and improving its range of motion. Once Knight reaches an NBA-ready level of strength and mobility, Dr. Steven Flores of Memorial Hermann and the Rockets medical staff will establish a timeline for his return to the court.

Knight missed both training camp and preseason after undergoing a “cleanup” surgery on his left knee, and battling an infection. The 26-year-old has not played a professional basketball game since Feb. 15, 2017, later tearing his ACL in July, 2017 and missing the 2017-18 NBA season.

Cool with the win, but not at all liking the fact that they had to have a dogfight with the Lakers. That Lakers team will stay in games due to youth and length, but that’s still a badly construct that should’ve been blown out on their home floor. The Rockets gave up so many easy baskets due to pure laziness. They gave Rondo and Lonzo all the room in the world to make 3s, and Capela let Javale pretty much outplay him. Need a quick turnaround, especially not knowing if Paul with miss games or not. Clippers have a solid team with multiple Rockets players that I’m sure will be playing with some fire. 2-0 in LA sounds great.

Just because
DAF88767-B8CB-4123-B328-250554B03E31.jpeg
3B5C2699-55FE-4408-83F2-29C00E5857B2.jpeg
CFBC1A31-2D11-4E1A-A0AA-279094EBA492.jpeg
251BA030-8909-4373-8045-216B6B88EA7E.jpeg

Chris Paul being suspended aside, this was a lifeless embarrassing outing from the team. Harden got his points, but that was about it. The Clippers looked like they were playing at a totally different speed and played like THEY were the ones coming off a WCF appearance and ready to do more. I usually end up watching some of these games twice, just abridged versions, but I'm not entertaining this disgusting display of basketball one bit. It's early of course, but play like this can become a trend, and that's not what you want to have if you plan on getting to the Finals. Growing pains for Hartenstein and Gary Clark, but MCW simply looked bad. The amount of second chance points given up was infuriating. 6 rebounds for Capela, and it felt like less.

Other than pace, rebounding is a massive issue right now. In all 3 games, Capela has been looking like timid Capela grabbing boards, doing that finger tip garbage. That needs to change, but it needs to be more guys going for boards in general. And of course defense needs to be elevated.

This team looks so ****ing weak. Missing easy shots, not contesting consistently, and just generally playing lazy. They should be up right now instead of down 8 heading into the half. I won’t even mention the shoddy officiating as the cherry on top, cause that’s something they can’t control. But they can control effort.

Injury aside, another ****ty game. Defense intensity was up, but came too late. Capela and Gordon were absolutely pathetic. Totally wasted Melo’s good game tonight. You can’t control the refs (which made a lot of ****ty calls), but you can control effort and defense. They let Mitchell do whatever he wanted with no resistance.

Last edited:
bad spot for them tonight with the injuries/suspension and jazz having more motivation off the playoff defeat last year

think we bounce back big time against the clippers friday

hopefully harden is good to go

Morey spazzing with the 4 firsts for Butler. I don't think he could be the difference between winning a chip or not, and he's a locker room cancer. Easy pass

Morey spazzing with the 4 firsts for Butler. I don't think he could be the difference between winning a chip or not, and he's a locker room cancer. Easy pass

Edit for a link: http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ves-four-first-round-draft-picks-jimmy-butler

You can’t trade consecutive picks, so it would be 2019, 2021, 2023, & 2025 (Morey & team have been pretty weak drafting/keeping players anyways). Its not like we've had/kept a first rounder since 2015 anyways which was Sam Decker... Clint Capela has really been our only hit in the first round in a decade or so. That said, I'd do it as long as PJ isnt part of the deal, (EG I'd hate to lose, but hes gone IMO once his deal is up so :rolleyes & only with an assurance of Butler resigning) if I was Morey. Something tells me we are waiting on Knight and Chriss to be eligible to package & trade before this possibly happens...which I believe is next Wednesday or Thursday :nerd:. Why is it you think hes (Butler) a cancer in the locker room? I've never heard anything like that until he asked for a trade from the Timberpuppies (guys ask for trades all the time), and their lacidasical effort on court and the improving their game Wiggins and Towns specifically. He gives 100% on court and wants his team to also, which they've yet to do... who knows maybe I'm in the minority, but I think Butler is a huge difference maker imagine our roster last year only better (at least talent wise)... I trust Moreys decision making so if 4 1 rounders get it done do it Morey.

1.Paul, Gordan or Knight (ones probably getting traded), MCW
2.Harden, GG
3.Butler, Ennis, Clark, Edwards
4. PJ, Melo, Chriss
5.CC, Hartenstein, Qi, Nene

Don't care who's on the floor or not, from what I watched, all I saw was a pathetic team that didn't want to be there. 0-3 at home and they look all types of out of sorts. They will not continue to get any of my attention until they show some ****ing nuts. For those that will continue to watch, feel free to update this thread, cause as far as I'm concerned, ain't no Rockets thread. They look like some ****ing chumps and I'm not gonna give any effort to a chump *** team. They can be 7-5 or 8-6 in the next 2-3 weeks, but I'll only know by checking box scores and twitter. I'll chime back in if I'm hipped to increased effort, energy, and heart.

Guess I'll come in here right now since the Rockets have decided to show some fire. I don't mind games under 100 points, as that shows some actual defense is being played. Watched the Bulls, Pacers, and Nets games all after they were over, and I enjoyed seeing the actual fight. Melo's had more ups than downs, and has actually been a positive on the court even when he isn't scoring, though his scoring surely helps. MCW being cemented to the bench is nearly a big of a move as getting Harden and Ennis back. I can also tell that CP3 has been gassed the last 2 games due to Harden being out vs the Nets. He had a ton of assists and some clutch shots near the end of the Pacers game, but he's just been a bit slower. And after a lot of Capela slander, he's quietly had a good season, just need him to be more forceful, and stop playing like rookie year Capela. Gark Clark's increased minutes has done wonders as well. You can tell he's getting more comfortable, especially on defense. That's needed badly, as Ennis is Ariza's replacement, and Clark is playing his way into replacing Luc.

This should help as well

Pacers win was the best win of the season by far. End of game execution by Harden was great to see. Clutch buckets and that steal on Dipo.

Love Clark developing a jumper, something he didn't have in college. He's definitely trending to more Luc-ish and Ennis being more Ariza-esque.

Melo is easily a better Ryan Anderson right now too.

I know Jeff saw Melo buy into defense and that's why he wanted to come back :lol: :pimp:

still not a fan of the theme but looks better than the first leak

think i'll have to cop the shorts

Tough stretch coming up (actually starting with the Pacers win). At OKC tonight, followed visiting the Spurs, home for the Pacers, @ Denver, then 3 home games vs the Warriors, Kings, and Pistons. Really just need to win as many games as possible, regardless of the opponent.

Houston Rockets Starting Lineup Against Westbrook-less OKC Thunder
gettyimages-1052658572-e1540915334220.jpg

It’s a big matchup tonight between the 4-5 Houston Rockets and the 6-4 Oklahoma City Thunder, but Thunder PG Russell Westbrook will be missing from the action.

Westbrook has been sidelined with a brutal-looking ankle injury, though it’s been reported that it wasn’t as bad as it looked.

The Rockets are looking to build on their current momentum–they had a tumultuous start to the season but have won their last three–but the Thunder have proven that they’re still a formidable opponent, even without Westbrook.

As the Thunder look to get their seventh win in a row–without their star–and the Rockets look to improve upon their sub-par record, here’s what the Rockets’ lineup could look like tonight in OKC:

Houston Rockets Starting Lineup Against the OKC Thunder
  • PG: Chris Paul
  • SG: James Harden
  • SF: P.J. Tucker
  • PF: James Ennis III
  • C: Clint Capela
This is the same lineup they used on Monday against the Pacers–a game that they tightly won by just 4 points. James Harden was the leading scorer with 28 points, followed by big man Clint Capela with 18. James Ennis III contributed 13, while P.J. Tucker and Chris Paul each tacked on 9 apiece.

Watch for the matchup of Steven Adams and Clint Capela in the post; the big men are two of the best in the game and should make for some insane plays around the rim, both defensively and offensively.

Aaaaaaan they've reverted back to their ****ty tendencies. Paul and Melo have provided nothing. Capela keeps going up like a limp ****, Harden basically has to stay on the court cause no one else but PJ is doing anything (though Harden has thrown some lazy passes himself), and on top of that they're making Adams look way better than he actually is, and making Terrence Fergueson be productive. I don't have time for **** effort like this, so I'm pretty much done with this game already.

All around poor offensive performance. Just not a good shooting night either

Embarrassing in every way. Didn't watch the second half, but based on the final score, I made a good decision. They were beat in every facet of the game. Scoring, defense, hustle, effort, everything. Adams was killing them every time they made those stupid switches where Harden ended up on him in the post, followed by doubling, and even leading to multiple open 3s, for Terrence Ferguson of all people. Harden and PJ were really the only guys that came to play. Capela had a good scoring night, but he was a soft piece of **** non-factor in the game when it came to defense. Paul and Melo were awful, though I just saw a tweet about Paul dealing with an elbow injury which he has been playing through, which makes sense given the last 3 games. Melo's game was embarrassing. He did not at all look like they guy in the last 3 games. Even though he didn't score much the last game, he hit clutch shots, and was a positive on the court. He didn't use any midrange at all, he was just launching 3s carelessly imitating Ariza and Ryno. Pathetic performance, and I really don't care to entertain these next couple of games with this effort.

Just look at this garbage. Output like this is what teams like the Magic and Suns would have, not a team looking to get back to the WCF and beyond.
rox.PNG

Back
Top Bottom