Houston Rockets Thread '19 Preseason - The Tweet Seen Around The World

merged these pieces to whip up a re-imagined version of the 1995-2003 logo

Nasa elements for the city's identity as the basis of the HTXR logo I made + the '95 logo
laJEkh9.png

merged these pieces to whip up a re-imagined version of the 1995-2003 logo

Nasa elements for the city's identity as the basis of the HTXR logo I made + the '95 logo
laJEkh9.png

Oh **** this is :pimp: :wow: . you need to get this to whoever in the Rockets organization

League & Organizations are stupid. They really need to go back to actual logos for team. It would be a crazy spike in merchandise purchasing.

man we're stuck for another 10 years or so. woulda loved that concept a lot more than what we ended up with.

Morey tryna move mountains for Jimmy Butler....this ain’t it chief

I low key expected him to run at JB, but was not expecting it to be a serious run. It sure sounds like this is might be a 2 way race with us, and Philly being the only suitors. I really wanted a trade to happen with Minnesota, this though... has got me a little uneasy. Morey's gonna Morey though, it could turn out really bad or good I guess. I'm still kinda salty about the way this season ended so my attitude is like...
giphy (20).gif

Feeling I get is they'll try to move 2 of the 3 (PJ/Clint/EG) instead of all 3 if it ends up being a S&T instead of opt-in and trade.

Would be pretty mad if PJ were to go. Pretty sure CP and James would be too. Maybe it's a smokescreen to get people to bite on EG/Clint ASAP. Idk.

Truly have no expectations at this point of how we're going to improve the roster. Wait and see, I guess

I low key expected him to run at JB, but was not expecting it to be a serious run. It sure sounds like this is might be a 2 way race with us, and Philly being the only suitors. I really wanted a trade to happen with Minnesota, this though... has got me a little uneasy. Morey's gonna Morey though, it could turn out really bad or good I guess. I'm still kinda salty about the way this season ended so my attitude is like...
giphy (20).gif

This :lol: :lol: I came across a bunch of “highlights” of Capela’s possessions against the Warriors and I got furious all over again

Good. You cant lose PJ. I will always love and miss EJ if/when he does leave. Dude balled out with us AND stayed healthy the entire time. If we didnt have him a lot of those games we lose

I remember making jokes with my peoples like watch as soon as he comes to the Rockets hes gonna stay healthy :lol:

Why didnt we bring back Austin Rivers but brought back Gerald Green? I havent been following

Not sure, but I'd be cool with Faried and especially Rivers being brought back. Javale McGee is supposed to meet with Detroit tomorrow, but we also had a meeting with him today, but I heard nothing about it. Him as a backup for Capela would be excellent (or for Looney if the Warriors screwed themselves with the D'Angelo deal). He's a bonehead, but he steadily gets buckets and would be a nice Nene replacement. I've seen Danny Green on our radar too. Wouldn't be a bad pickup at all, but at 32 and coming off a title, I feel like he could get a lot more money than what we can afford. I feel like he'll end up in Charlotte or Orlando with a 4 year 55 million dollar deal.

Why didnt we bring back Austin Rivers but brought back Gerald Green? I havent been following
Gerald was a minimum contract, you can give out as many as you want of those

Rivers would have to be signed using the MLE since we're over the cap. We used part of it on House so the prospects of getting Rivers for a reasonable contract is slim. At most we could offer him around the 5-6M range (NT-MLE) but it's more likely we have ~2.5M to offer him since we're likely using the taxpayer MLE. Other than that we only have the BAE to offer which I think is around 3-3.5M this year

Rivers would have to be signed using the MLE since we're over the cap. We used part of it on House so the prospects of getting Rivers for a reasonable contract is slim. At most we could offer him around the 5-6M range (NT-MLE) but it's more likely we have ~2.5M to offer him since we're likely using the taxpayer MLE. Other than that we only have the BAE to offer which I think is around 3-3.5M this year
Welp ignore all of that

Rivers signed for the minimum. Gave us a great discount for the possible option to re-sign at a bigger contract next off-season (he has a player option year 2 and we can give more because of the bird rights).

Sick deal though as it doesn't cut into our BAE or MLE so we still have that to give to other guys and still have the option to be hard capped or not.

So right now... we're looking at #RunItBack vol. 3 but now have a full year of chemistry at the minimum + the ability to add other guys. As the FA pool gets thinner when the teams with cap space start to use their's, we may be able to get more coveted guys on discounts.

Great breakdown. You work in the front offices? :lol:

Glad to have Rivers back this was a guy when CP3 was not on the floor was straight balling on both sides of the floor. Need him.

Back
Top Bottom