Houston Rockets Thread '19 Preseason - The Tweet Seen Around The World

Great breakdown. You work in the front offices? :lol:

Glad to have Rivers back this was a guy when CP3 was not on the floor was straight balling on both sides of the floor. Need him.
Morey's been the GM for a while now. You pick up on things eventually :lol:

Very big signing. Dispels some notion of "not wanting to play with Harden/CP3." Rivers said he's the happiest he's ever been here. Third time backing up CP3 too :lol:

Alykhan just confirmed the implications of the move:

The rest of the roster now needs to be nothing but 6’8”+ guys :lol: wish there was a way for both Javale and JaMychel Green but I’m not sure if that’s possible in the slightest

The rest of the roster now needs to be nothing but 6’8”+ guys :lol: wish there was a way for both Javale and JaMychel Green but I’m not sure if that’s possible in the slightest
I could see Javale. JaMychal Green should easily command more than 5M+ so he'd have to take a discount

Still hope for Looney. He's for sure gone but would also have to take a discount. Maybe if Clint gets traded then the appeal of him starting may sway him

Welp, Looney back with the Warriors, though I feel like they seem to operate with an unlimited cap lol

Last edited:
Welp, Looney back with the Warriors, though I feel like they seek to operate with an unlimited cap lol
Damn. I for sure didn't think he'd re-sign there. That was literally the max they could give him and far below his market value. They literally freed up like 250k earlier also when they traded away Napier and Graham.

Welp. Onto the next. Backup 4 and 5 are immediate areas of concern

1118FFA6-6F81-481F-87D2-87DD7C23F9D4.jpeg

Watched 3 quarters, and there's no way Hartenstein can be Capela's backup if that's what was originally in the cards. This Summer League team, just 1 this game at least seems VERY bad and not close to the previous teams they had. Clemons was the only one that 100% looked good, but he's 5'9", and the Rockets need a legit backup big and wing player badly. Javale and Marcus Morris are off the market now, so there's even more urgency.

Speaking of bigs though, any particular reason why he hasn't been re-signed already? People constantly played up him being bad on defense, MDA let Capela flush himself down the toilet for 6 straight games vs the Warriors. He was extremely efficient and a madman grabbing boards, and only took 3s when necessary. There's literally been no talk about him at all.
Faried1.JPG
Faried2.JPG
Faried3.JPG

Watched 3 quarters, and there's no way Hartenstein can be Capela's backup if that's what was originally in the cards. This Summer League team, just 1 this game at least seems VERY bad and not close to the previous teams they had. Clemons was the only one that 100% looked good, but he's 5'9", and the Rockets need a legit backup big and wing player badly. Javale and Marcus Morris are off the market now, so there's even more urgency.

Speaking of bigs though, any particular reason why he hasn't been re-signed already? People constantly played up him being bad on defense, MDA let Capela flush himself down the toilet for 6 straight games vs the Warriors. He was extremely efficient and a madman grabbing boards, and only took 3s when necessary. There's literally been no talk about him at all.
Faried1.JPG
Faried2.JPG
Faried3.JPG
Whose game log is that? Faried's, I'm assuming?

Finally won a SL game. Clark actually looked aggressive like he’s been their before unlike the other two games where he looked like a deer in headlights. Clemons really does have NBA speed and a chip on his shoulder. Really wish either he was a lot taller, or we already had lengthy guys on the team, because that’s what we’re sorely lacking right now.

Morey def had to make this move for his job. Sounds nothing like him :lol:

Bring back Les cuz Tillman is a clown, man.

Back
Top Bottom