Houston Rockets Thread '19 Preseason - The Tweet Seen Around The World

https://spacecityscoop.com/2019/07/04/kenneth-faried-houston-rockets/

Scarborough Scarborough this is the only thing I've even read on him and the Rockets. What it basically sounds like, is he's looking for a deal (at least mid level money) and thats more than we'd be interested in paying. Also, heard some rumors he was unhappy with playing time last season...so that could be a factor too.

I'm really anxious to see how bad this new Harden move looks more like a travel than his current stepback...haters just waiting to hate. :blush:
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27224204/harden-new-move-look-travel-not

By an chance, does anyone know when the updated team gear will start going on sale?

100% fine with this, especially with the general amount of b-ball Harden has played

And Tilman is 100% all talk. He may be great for the Cougars in college basketball, but he’s trash and in over his head for the Rockets in pro basketball. Go back to the food industry you piece of crap.

Last edited:
This is great. Please do tell about also and how he screwed us I’m here for this :lol: :pimp:. I agree he sucks as an owner.

We traded Knight AND a 1st for Shump last year, just to get under the luxury tax and avoid the possibility of the repeater tax. We also didn't sign House to the SAME deal he basically just signed this off-season. Two extremely poor cost-cutting moves.

If we didn't duck the tax last year and used the MLE to sign House to the damn deal he wanted, we would've had this year's MLE FULLY open ready to spend on ANOTHER rotation player.

And if the idiot didn't duck the tax, we would still have Knight's 15M expiring contract PLUS the first rounder to trade for an asset. I get they thought that Shump could be a contributor but not nearly worth what they gave up. Extremely anti-Morey move.

House lost valuable reps during the time he was sitting and for a guy who doesn't have any playoff experience, he needed all that extra time. Let's not forget that the biggest competition was the Warriors and they suffered injuries and became even more beatable. So in a series that close, small margins could've made the difference.

The only reason why Tilman may have gotten a pass for last year was because he hid his cheapness under the guise of the repeater tax and said he'd spend for the next THREE years. As we're seeing now, that's clearly not the case. And he has another year (with Russ's contract being longer) to use it as an excuse again.

I think Shump stinks. But if they don't re-sign him to use as salary filler/matching, then they effectively wasted a brilliant season by Harden and the ability to use a key 15M expiring and first rounder as assets for no reason. Tilman clearly cares more about his money than making the best team possible. The fact that he talks such a big game about spending, yet hasn't done so, is why it's a big deal in the first place. If he moved in silence I don't think he'd get nearly as much criticism as he has been, at least not from me.

Last edited:
Pretty random signing, since we actually (still) need a wing and (younger) backup big, which is why I think they really missed out on Christian Wood.

Last edited:
Y’all should just admit you don’t like Tilman as a person because Morey made tax avoiding deals under Les Alexander since he’s been here.

Expectation haven’t changed.

Y’all should just admit you don’t like Tilman as a person because Morey made tax avoiding deals under Les Alexander since he’s been here.

Don't know enough about Tilman as a person other than his UH stuff, which is cool, but not really relevant to me at all since I didn't go there, so I don't think that theory is true at all.

What does having a previously cheap owner have to do with having a cheap owner now? I keep seeing people give Tilman a pass because of Les but they are exclusive to each other. Les was mediocre all things considered. For me, the biggest knock on Tilman is that he talks a big game yet is unwilling to go all in for a contender and one of the best teams we've had since the actual championship days. Giving away assets to avoid the tax. Yikes. The guy has literally been lying about saying he'd be spending money :lol:

Again, the jury is still out, though not looking too good, but we'll know all we need to know if he doesn't re-sign or S&T Shump. Because that would literally be losing a 15M asset and a first round pick for absolutely nothing except his own money (LT savings).

Les made it a point not to Diddy himself throughout his entire tenure here, and in 1 full season Tilman made himself front and center of the franchise. Surprised he hasn’t hasn’t changed the team name to the Houston Tilmans with a logo of his face.

I would not mind Lance Thomas ,Thabo or even Luc need PJ to get some rest.

This. PJ cannot be rode into the dirt this season.

Forgot McLemore had some runs with Harden, Russ, and Rivers at Rico Hines last summer.

He seems genuinely happy to be here. Pretty much is a better shooting form with slightly less athleticism Gerald Green. He's going to need to finally learn how to play D if he wants to get real rotation minutes. Honestly not expecting much though.

Dude really got a top 3 shooting form in the league to me. Up there with Klay and Beal. Lowkey how he got his Ray Allen comparison out of college :lol:

EAb_WH7VAAAE0sr

Back
Top Bottom