Houston Rockets Thread - Preseason vs Spurs (Friday)

Discussion in 'Sports & Training' started by Peep Game, Oct 4, 2014.

1. Peep Game

Peep Game

Houston Rockets BYKE ya'll :smokin Another new start, more shuffling around, and even though this current team isn't as sexy as it was last year, I feel we have a handful of guys would can really battle, on top of what Howard and Harden can bring. I know some people rolled their eyes at certain additions (me included), but I do think Ariza, Dorsey, Adrien, and possibly Smith could be big, but I'm also looking forward to TJones and D-Mo taking another step, how Daniels and Canaan elevate themselves, and how Nick Johnson, Kostas, and maybe Tarik Black fit in the offense depending on the playing time. We have 20 guys currently signed, and I think it's a given that Capella either stays overseas, or plays in the D-League. And since we all are Rockets fans, we already know that some trade will go down sooner or later. One thing we definitely still need that seems to be the elephant in the room, and that's a legit backup center to Dwight. And I mean a 6'11+ 260+ guy. Ya'll already know how I feel about small ball lineups.

We also signed Jason Terry.

LEEEEEEH.....DO DIS

2. Peep Game

Peep Game

3. Peep Game

Peep Game

4. statis22

statis22

You wanna ring don't you........🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀

5. do work son

do work son

Tonight it begins :pimp:

6. blackxme

blackxme

This team is the only hope I have, **** the texans

7. do work son

do work son

i completely forgot the home opener is thursday. missing the texans game for it, oh well.

8. Peep Game

Peep Game

I know it's only preseason, but ayyyyyeeee :pimp: want to see how the consistent rotation is as far as the bench goes. There HAS to be at least 3 guys who can come off the bench and for sure to some scoring. Pretty Papa :smokin he looked hesitant at first, but hit clutch shots near the end. Jeff Adrien byyyyyke :smokin

The FT shooting though :x if we're gonna get that many opportunities, we have to shoot way more than 64%.

9. do work son

do work son

Ish Smith got a lot of playing time last night, which only bothers me because I don't think he's apart of the long term plans. Would've rather saw Canaan and Daniels get those minutes.

Canaan looked very dribble happy, but still looked good shooting. Daniels looked uncomfortable. We need to run him off screens and get him looks that way. Papanikolaou :pimp:. You can tell he's a shooter because he has a fairly quick release. Hesitated only once, knocked down 2 in a row down the stretch. Nick Johnson should see a lot of minutes. He looks very good defensively.

Peep Game likes this.
  10. angliatzj

angliatzj

i have a bad feeling about this season... team isnt deep at all. 

although ish smith looked great last night, pap looked solid.. still worries me that josh ******* powell played even though it is preseason.

11. do work son

do work son

To be fair, Powell played because Dwight fouled out and Dorsey wasn't playing. I'm the opposite though, I think we are deep. But deep with not as much talent. I think it's good because we have more guys who can play and give full effort.

12. angliatzj

angliatzj

i know that (soft foul for his 6th) but do you really mean to tell me with joey dorsey as our backup center right now we can even make it to the west finals? JET is old, papa ish canaan and d-mo are still unproven, capela is raw. our only tested backups are garica and JET... who are both a year or two away from hanging it up.

13. do work son

do work son

Who's expecting finals though?

14. angliatzj

angliatzj

was that not the goal when we signed dwight? i just feel as if we took a step back.

15. do work son

do work son

We took a minor step back, lateral even maybe, so that or ceiling could be higher. Had we matched Parsons and not signed bosh, we'd be tied into harden Parsons Howard With no other cap room for the next 3 years. That team isn't winning a championship.

16. statis22

statis22

Me :lol:

17. Peep Game

Peep Game

Honestly, I can't say I disagree. I'm sick of the first round mess. I do feel like we have a tougher minded team now, and with the West again being wide open as ever, you have to get to the top with the players you have. Just can't have another bad matchup with no adjustments.

18. sole searchin

sole searchin

Bought 54 tickets to the 11/22 game against Dallas. Saturday game at group rate pricing :smokin

Except I fronted everyone, Best believe i'm making sure they all pay me.

Can't wait.

19. Peep Game

Peep Game

Pre-season home opener :pimp: I'll have about 75% of my focus on the Texans since I can actually watch it at home without resorting to other means.

20. Peep Game

Peep Game