Houston Rockets Thread - Preseason vs Spurs (Friday)

Agreed on Howard and Harden looking tired. You don't want to have sluggish play and sloppiness already. You have to find a way to get Daniels and Canaan consistently playing. Cool to see Pap gradually getting into games, along with TJones big play.

they did look tired. was it just me, or was the officiating pretty bad this game on both ends at times?

i don't know if it's just wishful thinking, but i think harden is definitely making a more conscious effort on defense so far. small sample size, but i'm hopeful.

The officiating really was awful, specifically Howard's calls. We all know Howard is good for 2 mind numbing self inflicted calls or a tech, but in this game, he only had 2 legit fouls, along with Bev getting called fur a block that was clearly a charge.

Last edited:
Harden is definitely trying more. He's put himself in position to pick up a couple charges by simply rotating properly. Giving more effort on the ball too. It's a work in progress

View media item 1240419
Jason Terry working on chemistry with new team

Rockets guard Jason Terry used the season’s first two games to make up for lost time after missing most of the preseason coming back from a strained hamstring. But he said as much as he is getting his own game up to speed, he also has had to work to become accustomed to different teammates and rotations.

“It’s two games. I’m getting there,” Terry said. “That’s the encouraging thing. I’m almost there. I’m still getting used to playing with different lineups, different guys. I think my chemistry is good with James (Harden). Now I want to get my chemistry with Dwight (Howard) because I can see some opportunities where I can get him the ball at the rim and I just haven’t connected yet.

“I’m still getting used to the system, which is a great system offensively and I think what helps us right now is we are becoming a great defensive team. I think that’s going to be our goal the rest of the season because we have enough weapons offensively.”

View media item 1240689

Los Angeles Lakers rookie Julius Randle got some unexpected support this morning after breaking his leg in his NBA debut -- when two players from the opposing team visited him in the hospital.

Randle broke his right tibia while the Lakers were playing the Houston Rockets in L.A. on Tuesday night -- and was rushed to a hospital where he underwent surgery.

But before he went under the knife Wednesday morning, he was visited by James Harden and Trevor Ariza ... who stopped by to check up on the 19-year-old.

We're told Randle was touched by the visit ... and was in good spirits overall.

Sucks that Randle is injured ... but a pretty cool gesture from some respected NBA vets.

Another eventual blowout game that we're supposed to win, with a few hiccups in between. Howard banged knees with somebody, but should be alright. Tarik had a bit of a thigh bruise, and we know how that can linger :x So I guess it'll be the Joey Dorsey Show depending on the update. TJOnes playing like a guy ready to take the next step :pimp: but he always does that against mediocre/sorry teams :lol: Both he and D-Mo need to get consistent. We're gonna need that sooner than later. Canaan had a pretty solid game. Didn't score a lot, but he didn't look like he was out of place or anything. As a whole the FT shooting needs to get better, cause this had been pretty bad. Gonna need to hit way more of those versus the Spurs/LAC/OKC teams later on. Have to get Howard going in general, and he has to stop getting into early foul trouble.

900x900px-LL-95955848_ScreenShot2014-11-01at10.55.20PM.png

Have the Sixers coming up :smile:x :lol:) on Monday, then a real test with the Heat. Lay GOE

Last edited:
Howard and Tarik sat out practice today to heel up, and Pat Bev had a light practice. Hopefully the Rockets can come out on fire and be up by 30 early and let guys rest for the Heat. But if we go the Rockets, this will get dragged into being a dogfight, with possible overtime.

He bumped knees with someone the other night. Rather have him healthy for the heat tomorrow night and San Antonio Thursday

No Pat or Tarik Black. Capella active. Likely won't play, but hopefully we can test Dwight a ton

Yes and no. We already miss Parsons playmaking ability. Ariza can't handle the ball, run PnR, but Chandler couldn't defend as well.

I don't like harden playing the backup point because it basically turns to isolate and create. I'd like to see him post up more though.

I'm about ready to officially give up on DMO. He gets all the chances in the world, and doesn't make the most of it. Patiently waiting for this year's deadline deal.

Like I said, this week is the real test. @Miami tonight, home for San Antonio Thursday, home for Golden State Saturday

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom