Houston Texans Thread [18/19] - Training Camp, It's Been a Long Time....

Another gutsy win, but Deshaun can't keep taking this punishment. This line totally regressed from last week, especially the left side. Also, was Deshaun being told not to run out the pocket? Cause there were a couple times where he had ample run to run, but didn't. These guys are gonna get him killed. This is pretty much how we'll have to win games til the offense gets themselves together. But that needs to happen fast. Can't always count on defense AND special teams to bail the offense out all the time. Some good news is that Foreman will be back in a bit. Really need him as healthy as possible, cause even with losing weight, Miller just doesn't have the vision nor natural instincts as a starting RB. Blue often looks better. He may not not be as fast, but he's more decisive and has better vision.

Props to the defense and special teams. Scarlett, Clowney, Watt, Kareem, and JJoe all made big plays and key stops at various times.

so frustrating to watch.. however, we're going to take AFC south next week. :emoji_metal:

Shareece Wright and Ryan Griffin out Sunday. Time for BOB to remember that Akins and Thomas are on the roster. Looking forward to seeing how Hal looks after recovery. Been a long road for him and good to know he’s healthy again.

Loved seeing Hopkins effortlessly own Ramsey yesterday. The line is still trash, but they allowed the running game to be very solid. Davenport stinks, and he’s young, that inconsistent play won’t cut it going forward. Outside of the line collapsing, Deshaun seemed to make a conscious effort to avoid contact instead of being a battering ram. Quick turnaround this week. Even with Brock starting, Miami isn’t a pushover team, but at home, with the defense playing how it is, we should be 5-3 come 10:15pm Thursday.

I already know what the final score is, but I’m currently running this back on DVR and at the top of the second quarter right after Reid’s INT....ok now Jordan Thomas’ TD :lol:

The amount of injuries piled up from what I heard is ridiculous. Even right now as I’m watching, JJoe and Cunningham leave with injuries. Will Fuller though...cot damn, an ACL injury is devastating smh.

can we catch a ****ing break? god ****ing damn it. :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Dez
Larry Fitzgerald
Jordy Nelson
Desean Jackson

All guys that should be looked at right now (specifically the last 3). The only ones realistically available would be Dez and Jordy. Would be nice if Fitzgerald didn’t want to die in Arizona apparently. That spot needs to be filled that with somebody as close to Fuller as possible, cause Fuller is huge for this offense.

Good pickup here. Not concerned with his drops, as he still catches a ton and gets a lot of yards. The Broncos offense just started moving away from him, plus, it's Case Keenum is at QB.

Still wanted one of our 2nd rounders to turn into Patrick Peterson

A Texans thread? :lol:

Yea that’s what it says. The loser Lakers thread is over there

Anyway, this win and bye week couldn’t have come at a better time. Need to get a lot of guys healthy. This line is still bad, but they’re having stretches of good chemistry. I can get down with that. DT getting more practice more the next game will be great as well. Him and Hop will do wonders down the road.

Another stud performance by the defense as well, even with JJoe out. Reid is looking big time. Excellent find by this team. Kareem is playing as well as 1st year JJoe/Danieal Manning. He’s far better as a safety than corner. He’s all-pro territory. Stinks the Cowboys couldn’t do their job, but oh well. Stress free football next Sunday :lol:

Actually thought Tyler Ervin was solid this year, but with Foreman coming off IR, he became expendable. Another Smith draft casualty

We have a chance to form a fantastic DB core for a long time, I just hope the right decisions are made and they're able to keep these guys.

Finally some Texans football again, it’s been forever lol

And though there’s no way in hell the Jags would trade with us, it would be fitting for this to happen after we let Bouye walk to them

This is exactly the type of win I wanted. Pretty much complete domination. So many people were riding for the Titans, and seeing them backtrack after the Texans smoked them is hilarious. The line is still shaky, but I’ll take 34 points any day. The Browns abd Colts games will not be easy, but we’re in the driver’s seat, and the rest of the schedule is favorable. 13-3 is very much on the table even though I originally picked them to go 11-5.

Back
Top Bottom