Houston Texans Thread [20/21] Scene Of the Crime

This was a very disappointing loss, not only cause it was a division loss, but just cause the way it happened. They had a ton of self inflicted wounds, garbage personal fouls and PI calls, and other ****. It seemed like every thing was just going right for the Colts and that really pisses me off.

Looking at the next month and a half, there's the Raiders here, in Jags in Jacksonville, a bye, @ the Ravens, here vs the Colts, here vs the Pats, then here vs the Broncos. I mean....the Texans truly need to win every single game. Every single game is important, and everybody needs to realize that, from the coaches to the players themselves. The Colts are not a better team than the Texans, but the Texans did things to alley opp this win to them.

Also, get well Howard, cause his presence was surely missing with how much Roderick Johnson was stinking it up. The general depth really did them in this week. Time to get ready for the Raiders.

Just saw that friendly fire injury on Phillip Gaines and the trade for Gareon Conley makes sense now as Gaines was placed on IR. I saw the way his leg bent back and immediately knew he was done SMH.

Also, don’t know if Roderick Johnson’s injury is a lengthy one, but if he is ready for next game, I’d bet money that Dan Skipper is starting and Rod backs him up. He looked pretty good being thrown in the fire like that.

Running the game back right now, already know the results, but so far I've seen penalties, bad injuries, and continued secondary issues due to those injuries. Real tough to lose JJ again, and I think we all know where this is headed. It doesn't bode well for his Texans career and general football career as well.

Keion Crossen, Mike Adams, Gareon Conley, and Cornell Armstrong basically an entirely new secondary due to these injuries. 3 of those 4 are gonna have to improve quickly.

Real tough to lose JJ again, and I think we all know where this is headed. It doesn't bode well for his Texans career and general football career as well.

You think the Texans would really move away from Watt?.? (if I'm understanding what your saying correctly). Football wise it might be the right move at this stage in his career, but dude is on God level status in Houston. The official...unofficial "Houston Texans identity of the franchise" (even with Deshaun Watson emerging as the successor) at least for now. The fans would burn NRG to the ground, or worse. Even if he never plays an impactful game again, which from my minimal knowledge on how serious a pec tear is, it doesn't sound like something he wont bounce back from (somone school me a bit on it). He's just to determined, and way too much of a "tough guy" to just give it up. I just don't see him leaving the game quite yet, but as physical as he plays and his age (31 next season), he could. :frown: I dont think he will play another full season again :frown::smh::frown:.
I mean... I could see the Texans doing it, but sheesh, really hard to even fathom. The fans just love the guy way too much. Even his ugly *** shoes sell out in hours, when we get them in at DSG...
jj-watt-reebok-jj-1-release-date-1.png
reebok-jj-ii-everyday-speed-texans-colorway-1.jpg
19RBKMJJBLKRDWHTXVLL_Black_Red_White.jpeg

( I really kinda like the 3's just dont see myself buy a pair of Reebok's). I would have bet big money on the guy would finishing his career here. Even if for minimal pay, I think hes signed through 2021 season am I right? Hate to see the injury happening, especially to such a "good likeable guy" like JJ who's already been battling different freak injuries over the last few years. Big big loss though...

i think it probably has to do with the money he's owed vs the time he's on the field.

Yeah I get that just cant see them moving on from him, even with the money owed. Like I said from a salary situation it makes sense. Hopefully they just try and restructure his deal.

yea I don't think hes gone, but that deal is definitely going to need to be restructured. going to have a lot of needs in the offseason.

Yeah I get that just cant see them moving on from him, even with the money owed. Like I said from a salary situation it makes sense. Hopefully they just try and restructure his deal.

I mostly mean as far as his contract is right now. It ends in 2021, and I feel like there’s no way they re-sign him. I do feel like they’ll do right by him and see how he looks in his final year, but this also isn’t the old regime, and if they do get Caserio as a GM, I don’t think Watt will be a Texan after 2021.

Form what I've read he wants to stay in Houston, and I think hes one of the few guys who would most likely be willingly to restructure his deal. Who knows though, at this point I guess anything can happen. It's not like hes not making really good money from American Family Insurance, NRG, Reebok, Gatorade, H-E-B, Ford and Verizon in endorsements.

I’m actually surprised they didn’t bring him back sooner since he was already on the roster.

This defense is gonna have to really get after Minshew with the offense having Tunsil out. They’re gonna need help. It would be great if the offense can quickly put up points and away the defense to mash Minshew in the ground, but this unfortunately may be another grind out game

Last edited:

Glad the Texans did exactly what I wanted them to. It was sort of dicey early, but the defense pretty much held up their end while the offense gradually got it going. If it weren't for 2 fluky possessions, there's a chance the Texans would've shut out the Jags and limited them by possibly another 80-100 yards or so. Watson is just a magician and you feel like you're never out of the game with him. Conley gave some stuff up early but both he and JJoe were some studs in the latter part of the game. Cunningham was shockingly good in coverage as he normally gets killed out there. 2 weeks til the next game will 100% do these guys some good.

Should've counted but whatever :lol:
1572819352485.png

Shout out to the Dolphins doing us a solid beating the Colts, along with the Titans getting over on the Chiefs. I don't see the Patriots losing many games, so the Titans beating the Chiefs helps us out for a possible 2 seed, but we'll need to do our job and beat the Ravens in Baltimore on Sunday.

I would've cut trash *** Chris Clark instead and started practicing Dan Skipper at RT.

This is the current DB roster, minus Calhoun who they released to make room for Hargreaves

Still would’ve cut Clark’s wack *** instead

Big game here guys

Very happy to see Clark inactive. Figured Hargreaves wouldn’t be available for this week cause of the quick turnaround from him signing here.

Embarrassing performance from every level of the team. Coaches, QB, general offense, defense, and kicking. There's blame to go all around. I just don't get how you can have this type of performance after a bye week. Ravens are studs no doubt, but come on, there was pretty much no type of fight after the Texans stopped the Ravens on that fake punt. They were punished from then on, made to look like absolute fools. Oh well, better pick themselves up and get ready for the Colts. They HAVE to win this game no matter way. The AFCS is on the line and there's no room for error for playoff contention with this game. No matter who is or isn't on the field, they need to come up with a win, then move on.

Damn didn’t know I didn’t post in here after the Colts game lol. **** the Colts :smokin

Sucks that Tytus is ending up on IR. He was actually more than solid, but wasn’t back 100% after his injury.

Let’s go out there and get a win against a high level team. This team has what it needs to beat the Pats, and we’re at home. Tired of losing to them.

Back
Top Bottom