Houston Texans Thread [20/21] Scene Of the Crime

Took me awhile to get around to making this thread for various reasons. Mostly cause I was completely disgusted at how last season ended with a miserable dud at home in the playoffs. The other reason? The Texans made so many moves since the last preseason game that I didn't want to leave out anything as far as the final roster goes. As as right now, the 53 man roster is set, and there's 20+ new guys on this team, and I'm all for it. I would've loved to keep Clowney, and was actually pissed that he was traded, but come the end of the day, I'm pretty satisfied that we ended up with a franchise LT in Tunsil and a legit #2 WR in Still, as Fuller and Coutee are pretty much #2s as well. Barring health, this is a fantastic WR core to have. Martinas Rankin and Julien Davenport were headed towards underachieving territory, and I'm cool with the Texans quickly realizing that (along with dumping Matt Khalil) and moving on. Miller's injury sucks, as this was his final year of his deal. I never thought he was a game-changing back, but he's still a good solid back, and an important player for us. But, Carlos Hyde and Duke Johnson (plus whatever between Buddy Howell & Taiwan Jones decides to step up) should be able to fill in just nicely. Only concern I really have is for the secondary, mostly who JJoe matches up with. We all know he gets roasted by fast WRs, and that secondary in general has been revamped with the losses of Hal, Kareem, and Tyrann (aka the mole). Need a healthy Colvin, Gipson to apply pressure to TEs like he's done before, Reid continuing to ascend, and the group of Roby, Addae, and Lonnie to fill in from there. Speaking of applying pressure, Bill O'Brien should've been feeling the hot seat despite the control he apparently has. If he really is making the decisions to correct "Gaine's mistakes", then I'm fine with these moves. Protecting your franchise QB >>> signing Clowney. I don't know if O'Brien has any signature wins at all in his tenure here, but Monday night he has a chance to finally get one. I'll be in the building for that one too. Let's get it :smokin :smokin :smokin

Deshaun-Watson-fantasy-QB-2-GettyImages-867957004.jpg

r446715_1296x729_16-9.jpg

rawImage.jpg

1086479704.jpg.0.jpg

250049_n.jpg

gallery_medium.jpg

Houston_Texans_Whitney_Mercilus__t580.jpg

gallery_medium.jpg

finalroster53.JPG

Last edited:
ready for monday! gonna catch the week 3 game here in LA :nthat:

I honestly wasn't expecting a Texans thread from you Peep Game Peep Game just based off of everything this franchise has done or not done. It's been a **** show since our playoff game last year

I honestly wasn't expecting a Texans thread from you Peep Game Peep Game just based off of everything this franchise has done or not done. It's been a **** show since our playoff game last year

I was rrrrrrrreally close to not making one :lol: especially with how my recent schedule is where I’m basically backtracking Texans games due to the time. But I can’t turn away when we finally have the type of legit franchise QB we should’ve had LONG ago

I was rrrrrrrreally close to not making one :lol: especially with how my recent schedule is where I’m basically backtracking Texans games due to the time. But I can’t turn away when we finally have the type of legit franchise QB we should’ve had LONG ago

healthy d4 behind a better OL with healthy receivers? we eating.

Seeing that in person was both amazing and horrible. Stills was supposed to be the hero aiding in Watson’s comeback, but for the 4th time the defense (RAC) let them down. I read a stat that said they went with prevent defense against the Pats, Eagles, and Hawks all I’m these spots, and of course they do it again tonight.

Tunsil looked good until that critical sack in the 4th. Texans has a huge gain then started moving backwards, including that awful sack on something like 3rd and 15. We have all kinds of weapons offensively, even with that line play, but wow at the defense just choking like that. Liked how Hyde and Duke looked, I’m cool with them, though I think they should sprinkle in Howell as well.

Terrible ending, but just rebound and be 1-1 after the Jags.

And Colvin’s days are probably numbered.

So what exactly is he being rewarded for? I didn’t really notice him yesterday due to how bad Seantrel, Senio, and Colvin on defense were, but I have a hard time believing he did work.

Some positives

Hate they let Watson get smoked on this pass

Reminded me of when Charles James gave up that TD late vs the Packers. Cut him like 2 days later if not sooner.

And speaking of lol

What's this whole thing, Colvin is nearly on every single big completion. Gipson gets hit for some as well, but Colvin was a fish out of water the entire time.

Didn’t know there was even a Texan thread. Not a Texan fan first, but living here in Houston, I do like seeing this team do well. Have not been a fan of BOB and that loss on Monday was purely on the coaching staff.

From Texans Wire:
When training camp arrived, the Houston Texans probably didn’t envision carrying Carlos Hyde and Duke Johnson as their two running backs Week 1. Two trades, a release and a torn ACL later, that’s exactly what happened.

In a Week 1 loss to New Orleans, Hyde and Johnson combined for 140 scrimmage yards on 19 carries. Hyde led the way in rush attempts (10 to nine) and yards (83 to 57) while Johnson did the same in receptions (four to one) and receiving yards (33 to two).

“Duke and Carlos, they both ran really hard, so that’s encouraging,” offensive coordinator Tim Kelly told the media Thursday.

Hyde’s, 28, performance shocked viewers. After playing for two teams (Cleveland and Jacksonville) in one year, the former 49er bell-cow back didn’t look like his electric, powerful self in Kansas City. The Chiefs shipped him off to Houston for G Martinas Rankin.

Hyde had less than a week to prepare. Despite limited practice time on his new team, the back recorded four first-down rushes and 2.4 yards after contact — in the process, showing flashes of a rebound season.

“You can put Carlos kind of in the same group as Kenny (Stills). He’s coming in on a short week and really just trying to learn the basics of the offense and then to go out and execute like that,” said Kelly. “I think it’s a testament to how much of a pro he really is.”

While Hyde powered through tackles, Johnson, 25, proved to be the versatile threat expected out of him in his first game as a Texan. “Duke went out there and made plays when they came his way,” said Kelly.

Johnson tallied three first downs on the game. Out of his 33 yards receiving, all but four came after the catch. His speed and sideline-to-sideline agility make for a complement to Hyde’s more powerful approach to the game.

On Sunday, against Jacksonville, Hyde and Johnson will face a defense that allowed 158 scrimmage yards and a touchdown to Chiefs running backs Week 1 and nearly 117 rushing yards in 2018. Perhaps another big week from the two is in store.

Nah, BOB is pretty with his clock management and timeout usage. He’s bad game manager. Deshaun actually got rid of the ball a lot quicker.

Nah, BOB is pretty with his clock management and timeout usage. He’s bad game manager. Deshaun actually got rid of the ball a lot quicker.

deshaun missed multiple throws yesterday, held the ball way too long, and was not his normal self. BoB has his flaws, but nothing he did yesterday warrants being fired.

Back
Top Bottom