Houston Texans Thread [23/24] #StroudBoys

No nothing he did yesterday warrants being fired, but there are plenty of other things throughout his tenure here, that others and other organizations would of already been done with. This should be a hot seat year for him. Especially acting as GM and mortgaging the future with the trades he made before the season started.

Ugly *** game yesterday, but sometimes you have to when like that. I would've liked a 30-7 dominating win, but I figured with our still weak o-line plus this being a division game, this would be the result. Deshaun did have some overthrows, but I still saw have the line collapsing as if they weren't even there. One possession Calais Campbell threw a move on Tytus Howard and Howard damn near did a split, which resulted in a tripping penalty. That was embarrassing. Some bad drops by Fuller 2. If he catches those two deep passes, more than likely you at minimum come out with two different field goals, but ideally 14 points, and the game is out of reach. Hyde and Duke still ran well, and are good compliments too each other. Defense played a lot better and made Minchew's Cinderella's run look regular unlike the previous week (outside of a couple runs and late completions). Mercilus' spin move was on full display and it was incredible. Lonnie settled in pretty well after that early possession in the 1st that could've been a disaster had Minchew had more time to throw. Shout out to Justin Reid stuffing Leonard Fournette like that. Fournette had no momentum at all :rofl: On to the Chargers.

This was bound to happen. He was underwhelming both the first two games AND preseason

i felt pretty upset after the W... but a W is a W.

going to the game Sunday.. LFGGG!

Lonnie Johnson PI before the half
18DAB35F-6D93-462D-99A2-B8822C105A8F.png
that was bogus

Watson being a magician and Kenny Stills making another clutch catch
5026498A-5C31-4F29-B78E-D7851367EA52.png

Only for Fairbairn to miss the kick
265ABA15-FED1-458A-AD9F-7DB52D5616AD.png
I know it was from 56 years, but it didn’t even look close

Rivers stripped and sacked :smokin
Hopkins with that YAC :smokin
Akins big money catch :smokin

The 4th quarter defense stat 0]0]thanks a lot RAC

game was :nthat:. a lot houston fans in the crowd. felt so good getting this W. on to the next!

They are probably being cautious with Charles’ injury. He came back last game, so they’re just probably conserving him

This was a thoroughly thoroughly disappointing loss. If it was just Deshaun missing some throws and the Panthers just having their way with them on the other end, I wouldn't be as pissed, but the defense did everything possible to win down to the final possessions, but with the score ending up being 16-10, that playcall where Hopkins had to throw it is what costed them the game. I don't know if that was OB or Kelly getting cute, but it was inexcusable and should have never been called. Duke and Hyde both had major runs to put them in position right outside the red zone, and instead of putting the ball in Watson's hands or continuing to feed Duke and Hyde, they got cute and completely botched what would have at LEAST been 3 points. But instead, the Panthers ended up scoring 7 on the other in. A complete botch of a fantastic game for the defense. On to the next one.

Deshaun laid an egg. He refuses to hit underneath routes when they’re open and opts for big play shots.

Can someone teach me how to record video from my laptop/iPad to post clips on here?

Deshaun laid an egg. He refuses to hit underneath routes when they’re open and opts for big play shots.

Can someone teach me how to record video from my laptop/iPad to post clips on here?
Exactly, Watson out here playin Madden. The offense needs some major retooling. When Hop gets locked up, they got nothin. Now Stills is gonna be out for awhile. I have a bad feeling about this. I think Watson just gonna start spamming to Fuller and get picked off. Ain’t nothin wrong with underneath routes. Dude has a noodle arm and even he knows that but somebody put it in his head that he can make Mahomes type throws..... :smh:

This kid can take his team to the SB put he needs to know his limits and play HIS game.

Edit: And of course the play calling/coaching is sad. But we already knew that.

the playcalling wasn't bad at all. it was balanced throughout. we ran the ball well, and we got people open in the passing game. It's convenient to blame play calling when the offense sputters, but the truth of it is D4 is missing open throws.

Yea hitting those underneath routes instead of opting for the home runs would save him from taking so many hits. There were a couple times when Akins or Fells could’ve got it but he tried going to Hop or Fuller instead.

Of course you don’t completely kill momentum by having Hopkins throw it near the red zone either, which would’ve all but negated missing any of those underneath throws.

Yea hitting those underneath routes instead of opting for the home runs would save him from taking so many hits. There were a couple times when Akins or Fells could’ve got it but he tried going to Hop or Fuller instead.

Of course you don’t completely kill momentum by having Hopkins throw it near the red zone either, which would’ve all but negated missing any of those underneath throws.

yeah there's no defending that. WR throw was dumb. we were moving the ball well. Trick plays should be reserved for when nothing is working, not when you're driving.

Since you post a lot of media and video on here, do you have any idea how I can record some clips and post them other than using my phone to record my computer screen?

yeah there's no defending that. WR throw was dumb. we were moving the ball well. Trick plays should be reserved for when nothing is working, not when you're driving.

Since you post a lot of media and video on here, do you have any idea how I can record some clips and post them other than using my phone to record my computer screen?

I’m kinda iffy with new NT, but other than direct links from twitter, have you tried embedding them? Sometimes it’ll work regular, and other times it’ll have your clip/vid but also all the “<<<#{^~}%*£>>>>” looking stuff attached to it

Back
Top Bottom