****HOUSTON, TEXAS NTers check in please***Vol. Sights to see

Houston, TX
pimp.gif

But anyways, I'm going to be a secondary math teacher and am training at the University of Houston for like a month and 4 days. So, what are some things todo in H-Town that are in close proximity to U of H on Wheeler Street. Also, is U of H near downtown, close to any parks, a metro rail, etc. I'm bringing mycar btw. I'm from Ohio, went to school in North Carolina, but have never been to Texas. What is it like? What should I be aware of?

I also want to know some good soul food/BBQ spots, the location of sexy females, night clubs that aren't hood AT ALL and have a nice vibe. Appreciate itNT!!!

Edit: Thought about taking this thread to Regional, but
eyes.gif

If you like friendly hipster white people , hang out in montrose. It's still known as a gay neighborhood, but nowadays alot of the spots have some dope +$+females [not trannies] and they always down to chill after.

Alot of the nice bars, cafes, clubs etc are in midtown close to downtown

Traffic sucks.

all the good clubs are in downtown
best food southside
shopping at uptown and galleria
not much to do in the northside

I usually hang around Pearland or Memorial City I stopped going to the Galleria for the fact that it's starting to become like Sharpstown
smh.gif
smh.gif

But I go to Rice Village to cop nice clothes and occasionally to Premium Goods to pick up some kicks..

Originally Posted by ServeChilled81

UH is in 3rd ward, but the is a UH Downtown campus

Hit up Frenchy's Chicken near UH/TSU
So the UH on Wheeler Street is downtown? That's where I'm going to be located.

Originally Posted by ioRound3

cops are deep be on the look out

Werd I got pulled over last week because my inspection sticker is a week old
smh.gif

They buggin now at how deep they roll.
P.S. If you want the street racing scene of Houston hit up Westheimer on the weekends at night to see the street races but get ready to burn out if the lawsget there.

Originally Posted by UbUiBeMe

Originally Posted by ServeChilled81

UH is in 3rd ward, but the is a UH Downtown campus

Hit up Frenchy's Chicken near UH/TSU
So the UH on Wheeler Street is downtown? That's where I'm going to be located.
is by downtown there is a uhdowntown which is IN downtown and then uh main campus which is near downtown but not in it

Downtown has a lot of nice clubs, bars, lounges. You can check out the new House of Blues and the Houston Pavillion that just got built. Good looking girlswould mostly be found around the downtown area. Galleria is a good place to shop and also Rice Village.

alot of cool things to do in Houston...go down I45 and you got the S-SE side Almeda n Baybrook mall, Kemeh boardwalk, Space Center (tourist spots lol), alot ofgood resturants especially seafood, 30 mins down you got the beaches...most of the clubs downtown are good...The galleria is always nice(dont go on weekends)catch an Astros game at Minute Maid Park...alot of people will say there not alot to do bc were from here and done it all but trust me theres alot to do!

Gotta go to the Galleria. Nice females everywhere in there. lol

and it will be HOT...trust me. Bring shorts.

Im here from Chitown for School too and I just hit up the Galleria, Memorial City Mall..club scene is Downtown..prolly the most chill people in the US residein Houston..be sure to eat some Pappadeaux..Pappas BBQ...also SP@ off of SW freeway for the ill Tees..

Im here from Chitown for School too and I just hit up the Galleria, Memorial City Mall..club scene is Downtown..prolly the most chill people in the US residein Houston..be sure to eat some Pappadeaux..Pappas BBQ...also SP@ off of SW freeway for the ill Tees..

I'm still somewhat confused. I will be located at the UH that is on Wheeler Street. Is this location downtown? If not, what side of town is it on and howfar is it from downtown?

It's in 3rd Ward ...which is close to downtown and alot of the streets will take you to downtown or midtown. Lot of stuff to do right around UofH though ..

Back
Top Bottom