Houston TX NikeTalkers...

Originally Posted by fatpat1251

Wut up Memphissfinest,

The sneaker scene is mostly a young crowd except for a few OG heads here and about the city... The sneaker spots u wanna hit up are P (Premium Goods), Sucker Punch, Active Athlete, SF2, Tipping Point, and sorry got everyone I missed out on.... Jordans are King down here but Im slowly by surely on the Air Max game too... Im a fellow Naija brotha as well so Kado and hope to run into you at a Summit or sumthin....
THANKS FOR THE INFO MAN.

I WILL CHECK OUT A COUPLE OF THOSE SPOTS AND I'M ALWAYS DOWN TO MEET FELLOW SNEAKERHEADS, ESPECIALLY NAIJA. I'VE PERSONALLY NEVER MET ANOTHER.

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

Originally Posted by fatpat1251

Wut up Memphissfinest,

The sneaker scene is mostly a young crowd except for a few OG heads here and about the city... The sneaker spots u wanna hit up are P (Premium Goods), Sucker Punch, Active Athlete, SF2, Tipping Point, and sorry got everyone I missed out on.... Jordans are King down here but Im slowly by surely on the Air Max game too... Im a fellow Naija brotha as well so Kado and hope to run into you at a Summit or sumthin....
THANKS FOR THE INFO MAN.

I WILL CHECK OUT A COUPLE OF THOSE SPOTS AND I'M ALWAYS DOWN TO MEET FELLOW SNEAKERHEADS, ESPECIALLY NAIJA. I'VE PERSONALLY NEVER MET ANOTHER.

Htown Sneaker Summit is coming up on Jan.29. Good place to network if youre free.

probably because they're just way too other there now. I'll admit i haven't been in a few years now but from pictures and hype its just too much for me. I remember the first one, it was at live sports bar and there was no more than 50 people there the whole day and it was laid back and cool. Maybe about 7 tables set up max, couple of game systems going, and people just hanging out. Wasnt about walking about with boxes stacked trying to sell, right to get in, outdoing people.... etc. etc. etc....

maybe im bitter but I really dislike what it has become....

Originally Posted by MattUT

probably because they're just way too other there now. I'll admit i haven't been in a few years now but from pictures and hype its just too much for me. I remember the first one, it was at live sports bar and there was no more than 50 people there the whole day and it was laid back and cool. Maybe about 7 tables set up max, couple of game systems going, and people just hanging out. Wasnt about walking about with boxes stacked trying to sell, right to get in, outdoing people.... etc. etc. etc....

maybe im bitter but I really dislike what it has become....
cosign, hate summits, and hate what they have become, havent been to one in about 5 years

I feel the same way. It has become too commercial now, but I understand that it's to make more money. I haven't been to one in about three years now. I liked it better at smaller venues, because it was actual shoe collectors that were there. Now it's just a bunch of high school kids trying to out do one another and walk around for no reason, clogging up the place.

I do wonder how it's going to be now that it's going to be at the Reliant Arena. Just more room for hypebeasts and teeny boppers.
laugh.gif

Yea and it's getting away from the actual point.... I didn't go, but I think it was at the meridian where they had like a skate ramp/showcase. Just trying to do too much, before long something is gonna happen and people are gonna get hurt. We all know it's coming.

^^^^ YES, BUT CURRENTLY RIGHT OUTSIDE CLEVELAND, OH. CAN'T WAIT TO MOVE, WEATHER HERE IS TERRIBLE, WOULD TAKE 100 DEGREE DAYS OVER 4 FEET OF SNOW ANYDAY.

Bro, we're over here still wearing t-shirts and basketball shorts in the middle of December and January.
laugh.gif

trust me memphis, everyone looks alike at the summit. collectors got jacked up prices for their kicks. only tables i can appreciate are southside skate park because they have deals, and preminum goods because of the bops they bring. its still a site to see, with the athmosphere and all, but like playoff and Matt said its not what it once was. it moved on up from its days at that lil club on montrose. lol

well memphis and anybody that might go to the summit, i'lll be there. my homie kelso is coming down from arkansas and i promised to help him out, if you go stop by our booth 'StepByStepSneakers'. i can cosign with just about everyone that says they don't like what the summits have become, the game is losing its culture. last good one i went to Levi Maestro showed up, DJ GregStreet was there, and Bobbito Garcia did a meet and greet. After the meet and greet Bobbito spun for the rest of the day, classic hip-hop joints, a lot of ppl didn't like it and left. after most left it was still a good crowd of 70+ ppl, 10x better atmosphere.

anywho if anybody goes, holler at me at 'StepByStepSneakers' i'll be the brown bearded dude.

but yo lets all link up and ball or eat one day, me and a couple others do already. im sure it would be doper with more fambs there.
hit me on twitter if you're down @airheaddd

Originally Posted by PLAYOFF12

Bro, we're over here still wearing t-shirts and basketball shorts in the middle of December and January.
laugh.gif

I USED TO LIVE IN HOUSTON WHEN I WAS A KID AND I REMEMBER WEARING BASKETBALL SHORTS AND A TEE TO PLAY BALL OUTSIDE ON CHRISTMAS MORNING
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by airheaddd

but yo lets all link up and ball or eat one day, me and a couple others do already. im sure it would be doper with more fambs there.
hit me on twitter if you're down @airheaddd

AHHH KELSO, HE HITS ME UP ON FACEBOOK FROM TIME TO TIME. HOPE HIS SITE IS DOING GOOD. I PLAN ON OPENING MY OWN SITE LATER ON THIS YEAR. BEEN WRITING THE CODE FOR THE WEBSITE FOR THE LAST COUPLE MONTHS (GUESS MY ENGINEERING DEGREE IS GOOD FOR SOMETHING
laugh.gif
) IN MY FREE TIME AFTER WORK AND LINING UP MY CONNECTS FOR ORDERING STOCK.

I'M DEF DOWN TO BALL OR HEAD OUT TO EAT ONCE I HIT THE CITY. DIDN'T REALLY MEET A LOT OF SNEAKERHEADS IN THE CLEVELAND/AKRON AREA DURING MY TIME UP HERE.

START DATE ON THE NEW JOB IS FEBRUARY 20 SO I'LL PROBABLY BE MOVING DOWN ON FEBRAURY 16/17. GOTTA FIND A WAY TO COP WHITE CEMENT 4'S IN THE MIDDLE OF A MOVE
laugh.gif

WELL AFTER A 23 HOUR LONG DRIVE, FINALLY I AM SETTLED IN MY SPOT IN HOUSTON.

NOW TO FIND A SPOT TO COP THE BIG BANGS LOL.

Back
Top Bottom