How accurate is that movie Alexander?

The violence and naked Rosario Dawson was appreciated but i got a hard time believing one of the greatest war lords of all time fooled around with dudes likethat. I dont ever remember reading about that in text a book and like half the movie was about him and his DLs
smh.gif

^^^It was real common in that culture.. I don't believe it was even considered homosexuality.. in fact.. they fooled with dudes for pleasure and only didtheir wives to have kids lol.

laugh.gif
This movie is horrible to History majors, professors and historians. To us it never existed.

Homosexuality was very common in that culture amongst males.

the movie is very inaccurate.

that said, alexander was verrrrrry gay. that much is almost considered fact. the details as far as those from the movie and the book its based on are sketchythough.

I just watched the final cut yday.....waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than the one that showed in theatres.

but yeah, thats how they got down. I'm reading a book about classical greece and it's mentioned in their too. young boys from wealthy/noble familieswould train together to be fighters, athletes, hunters etc. Apparently a lot of this was done in the nude so you can see how they could get 'overlycomfortable' with eachother
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Talking of Alexander....what i have a hard time believing is that this guy conquered the majority of the known world at the time from the front line. Dude wasat war on and half for nearly a decade. Surely the chances of him surviving that many battles in the thick of it is slim to none???

*edit*

having read a couple posts above im assuming they gassed him to the nth degree
laugh.gif

Dude that killed Phillip didnt think it was common
laugh.gif

I just watched the final cut yday.....waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than the one that showed in theatres

. I didnt see it in theatres and the final cut is what i watched from netflix. I tried to ignore all the bad reviews because I normally like historicalmovies

Originally Posted by I FR3SH I

Dude that killed Phillip didnt think it was common
laugh.gif

Their gods were mo, boys were molested by older men in gymnasiums, you had the island of Lesbos, Caligula, the list goes on and on my dude.

I went into the movie thinking I was going to see another movie similar to Troy. Needless to say, my friends and I all came out of the theater extremelyconfused.

Originally Posted by Lazy B

laugh.gif
This movie is horrible to History majors, professors and historians. To us it never existed.

laugh.gif
Exactly.

I'm a history major myself and the movie was horrible
laugh.gif

Of course the movie was historically inaccurate but i think he wanted to know more about the homosexuality part... even currently, in other countries some guysjerk each other off and give each other head and don't even consider it gay lolol (Ex. India)

Originally Posted by S Dizzel

Of course the movie was historically inaccurate but i think he wanted to know more about the homosexuality part... even currently, in other countries some guys jerk each other off and give each other head and don't even consider it gay lolol (Ex. India)
man what the !*** are you talking about?
laugh.gif

I don't know how accurate it is, I do now that it is one of the WORST movies I have ever seen. Easily in my top ten list.

Back
Top Bottom