Originally Posted by CWrite78

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

you can pay me the $ you owe me
edit:

I'm serious

RUH ROH
laugh.gif
We get one of these a week it seems.

From my perspective, all being a good Christian means is to seek an higher sense of awareness, improving all aspects of your mental, physical and spiritual being. The example of Jesus represents all of this. Apparently, he was damn near a perfect being.

Obviously, most fall short. But there is no harm in trying to better oneself in all areas of our existence.

Good luck, and I hope that you succeed.

Originally Posted by jhova718

I appreciate all the serious responses and even the cynical ones because part of me feels like the Bible is a fairy tale mixed with barbarism. It's not that I want to be a " Christian" per se but i definitely want to be more spiritual. Maybe I think it will give me closure and bring me closer to God whoever that is.

What type of closure are you seeking and why do you think you should get closer to god?
I mean if god exists, would it make you already believe in it without having to question yourself? It IS an all-knowing and all powering entity, right? 

Originally Posted by tkthafm

Originally Posted by sifupooh

Study Islam
This.
Jesus was a Muslim. Read your own Bible.

Muhammed wasn't the last prophet, read the Book of Mormon. 

Originally Posted by tkthafm

Originally Posted by sifupooh

Study Islam
This.
Jesus was a Muslim. Read your own Bible.
Right on cue. Op do not listen to this guy unless you like punishing women for rape and killing people in other religions.

i'd say the best way...and this is coming from personal experience....

think for yourself. don't believe what anyone else tells you...find out what makes sense for yourself.

Originally Posted by CWrite78

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

you can pay me the $ you owe me
edit:

I'm serious
 RUH ROH
He still hasn't responded 
frown.gif

what a bad Christian
in any case I looked back at the PMs and I believe it was his little brother, but still 
eyes.gif

1) the fact that you have this yearning to be more connected is the Spirit working in you as one said earlier. have faith that you and the Holy Spirit will continue to guide and mold you into the person God made you.
2) i suggest you find a church that you can eventually call community. have accountability brothers and mentors that will help and guide you through your journey. if your church or fellowship have bible studies, attend those. 

3) really you just have to pray. pray to the God you believe in even if you dont want to. the hardest thing to do is to pray and be obedient to His word and His calling. pray for strength, guidance, more understanding of who God is. once you learn more about God's character, you will learn more about yourself.

i hope this helps. PM me with any questions or anything. i have faith in you, and will even be praying for you. 

Back
Top Bottom