How can I keep a stubborn friend from drunk driving?

Originally Posted by rayray3thousand

Call 911 next time he is about to drive... a DUI > Killing an innocent person in a wreck

It might be a tough thing to do, but in the end, he will thank you

laugh.gif
You must not interact with human beings often..A DUI is not just a slap on the wrist. That can really ++!! you over, especially if you're an young adult. There's no way his friend will be thanking him.

you need to have all his friend's around and talk about it with him.

tell his family.

take keys.

it's hard but it's worth it

People that are saying "let him learn the hard way" aren't seeing the BIG PICTURE. You mean to tell me that you'd let your drunk friend drive home and possibly kill one, if not more than 1 person other than himself. That's just beyond "tough love" and completely reckless.

A couple years back, a high school assistant principle died while driving home drunk. He was in town, probably from the bar to his house was maybe 2 miles. They don't know for sure what happened but he was coming back up a small hill a veered off to the left and hit a tree in someone's front yard. Speed limit there was only 35. I don't think they ever said anything about how fast they thought he was going. Dude was fairly young too. Early 30's, had a wife and two young little girls. I saw him a few days before hand @ work helping him buy a fridge for his garage. He knew my store manager and had me call him so they could chat. He seemed like a real nice guy.

Another long story, but I'll keep it short. 2 good friends of mine were out drinking. One buddy thought the other was going to be driving that night, so he let loose. Dude was even drinkin Moon Shine. Somehow the keys got in his hand, and they drove home. They hit a telephone pole, but somehow the car was still drivable. They left the scene but forgot to check to make sure the license plates were still on the car. Whoops. Front one fell off, they thought of it down the road a ways and turned back. Cops were already there and they got caught. The driver then was charged with his 2nd DUI. They are lucky they didn't kill themselves and anyone else on the road that night.

Basically what you need to do is talk to him in person either when there isn't a party going on, or right before he starts drinking and make him give you his keys. If he doesn't want to, but still wants to drink. Get a few people to hold him down and take his keys. Maybe you gotta do this to open up his eyes. If he gets pissed the so be it. You're doing him and everyone else a favor.

If he doesn't lock his car, pop the hood and disconnect his battery. He'd pry be too drunk to check it. Let the air outta his tires. All of them.

Taking his keys is the best option.

And are you sure you guys are friends? Because, friends don't let friends drive drunk.

Originally Posted by FilthyRich

tell him this is for your own good and this is gunna hurt you alot more then its gunna hurt me. and proceed to kicking him in the nuts
then take his keys
laugh.gif

how about get new friends.

Im sorry if you are with people who are dumb enough to drink and drive then let them do it. What else can you do. Iv seen people try to take keys from a drunk person it usually ends in a fist fight. Calling the cops will end your friendship if he gets arrested. So you could always beat him unconscious and hopefully by the time he wakes up its morning and you can take him home. But aside from that people won't learn until something bad happens, its the American way

I understand the whole innocent bystander thing and you shouldn't let people go out there and risk some one elses life. But just don't invite those idiots over or let them be associated with you.

yall are crazy !!!! the number one rule we have when we party no driving if your drinking ... good thing no one in our crew like anger drunk
laugh.gif

i would have to knock dude out and explain that i was just trying to save him from doing anything stupid
smh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

call the cops on him. make him learn the hard way
DONT DO THIS!!!!!!

take his keys.....knock his punk @ss out.....talk to him when he is sober about how stupid he was acting.....

calling the cops on your boy is not a good look, I dont know what a DUI case is like where you guys live but near me, its about 10k and 2 years of not driving.....plus its easy to avoid if you can just get his keys first....

This is why I party locally. Anywhere you catch me gettin' live at, I'll be able to walk home from. Unless of course it's a special occasion and we hit Downtown or somethin, which is rare. IMO, live +*+ house party > club, bar, strip club, etc.

The Club is an awesome and, could be, really funny idea. He might be pissed (no pun) while he's drunk but it's something he SHOULD be able to laugh about the next day. Calling the cops, knocking him out or anything along those lines...maybe not so easy to get over.

How does he act the next day if you say something to him about the fact that he was driving drunk or just in general when he's sober and it gets brought up?

Unfortunately, some people have to get a DWI to make them change their ways. That doesn't even work for other people. It's sad.

smh, very sad. I hope and pray he doesnt take anyone out, besides himself. i dont want nothin to happen to him, all these innocent people dying is REALLY REALLY SAD.

bogusreality wrote:
tell him you will say something nice about him at his funeral.
  this....

very true.

man i had a homeboy who weighed like a good 100 pounds than i was...dude so drunk and emotional about this girl that he cared for...he wanted to go see her so he took his keys...me and like 3 other guys tried to stop him but dude was too strong...we were all really drunk and just couldnt stop him...we begged and pleaded with him but he wasnt having it...all we know is we tried our best...mind you that girl was going to school at irvine and we live in the bay.

the key word is HAD

frown.gif
ohwell.gif
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom