How come caffeine addicts aren't ostracized by society?

It's an addictive drug that millions of people have a dependence on. Why don't we outcast them? They're just normal to us though.

I scratch my head whenever I drive by a Starbucks and see all the cars lined up in the drive-thru. 6:00AM and you're starting your day with that? Of all the things to nourish yourself.... a drug?

2PM... drive-thru is steady supplyin'

I'm not talking about people who have a taste for coffee and enjoy a cup every now and then because they are a minority. It's the people that are dependent on caffeine.... that HAVE to start their day with it or ELSE... and then they NEED a cup again after lunch or even for lunch.... that is drug addiction defined. But not a big deal is made about it.

I know caffeine isn't gonna turn someone out on the street like crack. The only way I think it affects me personally is if I'm dealing with someone who is acting cranky
eyes.gif
. What bothers me is the psychological aspect of it. People go to the caffeine for energy but shortly thereafter they will find themselves in the same position --- lacking energy. Drugs just aren't a panacea. We've lost our way of solving our issues holistically is what bothers me. Happiness is not a drug. Energy is not coffee. If you could just tap into your deeper self you will find the answers.

Thanks, guys.

I get what you're saying OP.
And i completely agree with you.

It boggles my mind that people spend 5 dollars on a damn cup of coffee from Starbucks every morning instead of nourishing themselves with a well-balanced breakfast.

I enjoy a coffee here and there, but i have friends who are negative nancys and whine like little babys if they dont get their daily coffee.
They really ruin the mood on trips. Its frustrating to see people so dependent on coffee and act like its okay, just because society is alright with it.

Ignore all the other kids trying to be funny and failing. I feel what youre saying.

i don't understand coffee nuts, i'll drink it from time to time

but that stuff makes me pace the floor and a case of the bg's

Last edited:
this real thread cuhz? u mad cuz ppl drink starbucks?

having a cup of coffee aint nothing. there are worse things/drugs out there than caffeine.

this real thread cuhz? u mad cuz ppl drink starbucks?

You think the whole point of his post was just to hate on Starbucks?
Can peoples reading comprehension really be that bad? :smh:

Theres a lot more to his post than just hating people who drink a cup of Starbucks bruh.

People drink it to be alert and ready for work/ school/ their day. It helps you stay awake, and focus. You can function at high level while on caffeine unlike alcohol, and any narcotic( which slows down neurons). I dont rock with Starbucks, I get the free nasty stuff from work. Im not a morning person, but it helps me get through the day. I dont drink it if I feel fully rested, or dont have work that day. Just cus its a DRUG doesnt make it bad. What do you think you get prescribed from your Dr.?

Last edited:
People drink it to be alert and ready for work/ school/ their day. It helps you stay awake, and focus. You can function at high level while on caffeine unlike alcohol, and any narcotic. I dont rock with Starbucks, I get the free nasty stuff from work. Im not a morning person, but it helps me get through the day. I dont drink it if I feel fully rested, or dont have work that day. Just cus its a DRUG doesnt make it bad. What do you think you get prescribed from your Dr.?

Although I agree with OP, i also see your point.
We do use drugs like tylenol and day-quil to alleviate many of our daily headaches or sicknesses.

I've never heard of anyone robbing purses for Venti Lattes or neglecting their responsibilities due to their crippling Red Bull addiction.

Cuz caffeine addiction is not a hot button issue in society today. Nowhere near close to how we treat the increase in obesity, cig smokers, alcoholics, ect.

But please inform me on the ill effects of caffeine and why those addicted to it should be on the same level as the aforementioned. I don't drink coffee.

Honestly hate people are find something with everything in society, guessing OP is one of these types

"That Red Bull is bad for you" as I see the person chow down on McDonalds value meals lunch after lunch

Caffeine is cool. 

My grandparents use to drink coffee everyday all day and they lived to be in their late 80's. 

I just don't drink it because I'm sensitive to caffeine, but even if I did it wouldn't turn into a full blown addiction. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom