How did you find your passion?

They say everyone has their own gift or skill that makes them unique. How did you find yours?

I haven't really found that passion just yet but I'm looking for ways to figure it out.

When did you find your 'calling' and how so?

I don't know man. I haven't really found one.

I like cooking and that's what I do but I want to do more. I think I'm going to stop cooking by the time I'm like 35 and focus on something else. I get bored easily. I guess that's why I cook. :lol:

I'm going to hit salmon season in two years probably, in Alaska and take a few month off cooking. That's probably all I need. I quit for 6 months a year and a half ago just so I wouldn't start hating it.

Last edited:
I don't know what my passion is. The stuff I'm most passionate about is motorcycles and work. I was introduced to dirtbikes, Harleys and ducatis before the age of 5 cause my uncle had all of the above. Got my first dirtbike at 5 and new I wanted to be on two wheels when I grew up. Fast forward to 19 and I had some change so I bought a Harley that I'm planning on building into a mean bike :pimp:

My uncle also got me into muscle cars, boats, and trucks. Plan on buying my first truck and boat in 2016.

Work, I always looked up to my old man and uncles who have done construction and utilities most of their lives. I loved that whenever we went anywhere my old man was able to say "Look, I painted that building" and the fact that everywhere we went people recognized him and respected him. Basically, I never looked up to any pencil pushers. Decided I didn't want to go to college and work some minimum wage job while I studied for the next 4 years only to come out with a job that didn't pay great and start off my career tens of thousands in debt. Electrical seemed like the most interesting and most beneficial career so in October of 2014 I began my apprenticeship as an Inside Wireman. Got to say, I love my job. That feeling when I assisted in wiring up the light fixtures in a server room and watched them come on for the first time was amazing. I literally lit up the place with my brothers. Every morning I wake up and I'm able to say "Time to build America!" I plan on someday being a foreman or higher and do the best I can for my local union :pimp:

Funny story, my uncle used to tell me that life was about "chicks, trucks, and bikes." In the first grade we were making "About Me" posters and I put "Chicks, trucks, and bikes" under the hobby section.

I've always been able to sing and I've always had a way with words. Music really saved my life in the midst of some awful periods of my childhood, and it has been the only thing that has always been there and never turned it's back on me. For this, I owe my life to it. Whether I one day become an international superstar or not, I will always be forever endebted to music for its impact in my life. I will always be a creator. Always

God bruh.

About to fly to Los Angeles in about 30 minutes to begin the real pursuit of it. Meeting Eric Bellinger and Verse Simmonds in the studio later tonight
Glad the producing worked out for you fam!

Hope you chase your dreams down dawg.

Thanks fam. Been a long time coming.

Congrats to you. When did you find your calling? Do tell.

I feel like a lot of us are in the struggle of trying to figure ourselves out.

Crazy that our hobbies or what makes us happy are to be our passion, but we don't even know what makes us truly happy for ourselves :smh:

As well, hobbies fade and we move on, hence sneakers and then here we all are now in General :lol:

Last edited:
Found it at least back in the 5th grade.

Having a hard time pursuing it, tho :smh:

Just gotta have faith that you have your gifts for a reason

Found it at least back in the 5th grade.

Having a hard time pursuing it, tho :smh:

Just gotta have faith that you have your gifts for a reason

What is your passion? Feel free to share.

I personally don't like talking about myself to others, in person at least, when I have nothing to show for it.

So I can understand trying to establish something before being comfortable talking about it.

Last edited:
A passion is something that you can see yourself doing without pay.

I'm going to Culinary School to become a Master Chef.
I could get another job and do this as a hobby if I wanted to do anything else tbh :lol:

I have a passion for grilling/smoking. I got it from watchin my step dad doing it.

Its a stress reliever for me, and i put love into when i do it.

Im not a morning person, but i have no problem waking up at 5 am to start making some ribs, brisket, chicekn, pork butt, etc etc and sit and stare at the pit.

So many stories have been told around the pit and so many good times around the pit, and so much knowledge on various things have been passed down bein around the pit.

What is your passion? Feel free to share.

I personally don't like talking about myself to others, in person at least, when I have nothing to show for it.

So I can understand trying to establish something before being comfortable talking about it.

Writing

I have plenty to show for it I think, I've written for two Pulitzer winning organizations, but I'm trying to live the dream on a full time basis :smh:

This 9-5 is killing my soul but you gotta have faith :smh:

Since elementary school I've always had a passion for building structures (I guess you could say engineering). Things like bridges, skyscrapers, infrastructure, rollcercoasters, etc always fascinated me till this day. It's something that I have a passion for and am good at analyzing.

My passions are entrepreneurship, cooking, technical innovation and fashion. I discovered the fashion part a little later in my life.

My passion is Jiu-Jitsu. I always wanted to do martial arts, but I didn't have money to pay for it as a kid. So once i graduated and worked full time, I started looking into training martial arts. After trying out a few arts, I fell in love with Jiu-Jitsu. It helps me stay in great shape, and helps keep my life balanced whenever I am stressed about work or life. Also, Jiu-Jitsu is a mental & strategic chess game, so it keeps my mind sharp.

As odd as it sounds I like cooking. I'm always tryna grill as much as I can and make random things from what I have in the fridge. I'm usually stoned while doing so but it makes it that much more fun. I have read several books about food trucks and food carts. Hopefully I can have one in the near future

man i tried. i may not be the best rapper.. but at least i tried.

i care if that matters

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom