How do I get Defined looking shoulders? ie. Rondo, Howard

I want to get some separation with my shoulders and the rest of my arms. I've been working out my shoulders this year and i'm seeing some difference but, utimately I think I need to lower my body fat percentage to get to shoulders looking like dwight and rondo

is it my workout routine? or is it dna?

rajon-rondo.jpg

dwight_nojersey.jpg

See how there is division between the shoulders and the biceps/triceps  areas?

what on earth is up with howards shoulders in that pic? he doesnt look like that normally. looks like he injected some steroids...

Originally Posted by Billy Hoyle

what on earth is up with howards shoulders in that pic? he doesnt look like that normally. looks like he injected some steroids...

Originally Posted by Anthony Stark

Dwight's shoulders are bigger than his head.

Looks very odd IMO.

so Fn true tho
laugh.gif

Lebron has ridic shoulders too.

Diff between LBJ's and Dwight/Rondo is D/R's side delts are so well defined. It's got a deeper "cut", which I think could only mean 1 thing = lower BF (not saying LBJ is fat, just saying D/R is probably 2-3% lower than LBJ's).

You gotta do lots of military press variations + work on your rear and side delts hardcore. I remember the year I wanted to work hardcore on my shoulders and I had wrist injuries from all the press movements I was doing. I was hitting it hard all the time til I can't put on a shirt anymore.

Dwight looks the same way players in NBA 2k1 were put together. Action figure arms...

there are three parts to your deltoids: front, side and rear.

also work your upper chest and upper trapezius.

Nice information on the front and side deltoids.

I usually do a lot of fly and standard deltoid raises.

Btw, I don't work out biceps, bc IMO they are useless to work out, perhaps if I do start working out my biceps, i'll get that cut?

you would have to lower your body fat significantly ... when you see dwight's shoulders you are basically looking at skin covering nothing but muscle/tissue/humaninsides ... barely any fat ...

brknclav(1).gif

some ppl have longer clavicle and other bones that make up broader shoulder...maybe you have a shorter one... it's not all about muscle, it's whether you're born with longer bones or not aka genetic.

you also need to have a wide broad shoulder . Dude with small limp shoulder will never get define shoulder no matter how hard you work out

Originally Posted by davidisgodly

I want to get some separation with my shoulders and the rest of my arms. I've been working out my shoulders this year and i'm seeing some difference but, utimately I think I need to lower my body fat percentage to get to shoulders looking like dwight and rondo

is it my workout routine? or is it dna?

rajon-rondo.jpg

dwight_nojersey.jpg

See how there is division between the shoulders and the biceps/triceps  areas?
You sir are correct.

dwight howard and rajon rondo have some genetics that you or i simply will never have.

It's easy to chalk things up to just genetics when one has never done a halfway serious workout plan.

I didn't have defined shoulders, I did shoulder work outs. Now I do.

Look up any series of shoulder workout on google and stick to it for a month. I guarantee you the results will make you keep up the work month after month

Keep in mind, the most important thing isn't how hardcore your work out is but how well and consistent you can keep up a routine. IE: A moderate workout (4 exercise, 8-10reps, 3-4sets) is better than a killer workout, because it's more likely you'll stick to it than a exasperatingly hard workout.

I already have a cut shoulder, I guess from playing ball and just basically having low body fat
but I'm trying to get it bigger, more well defined

doing pushups everyday, and lateral raises.
Only 2 weeks, but I havent seen much results from the lateral raises.. don't know if i'm doing anything wrong
While concentration curls pumped up my biceps in quite a short amount of time.

Back
Top Bottom