How do I get GIFs to work on my mac?

How come they are just pics when I save them? (sorry, dunno what happened to original post)

Oh well. So basically, they are still gifs? Just don't play as gifs when I open them?

They won't play as a gif in Preview, ever. But they should in Xee.

Drag one into your browser and see if it plays. That or upload on imgur or tinypic. I'm sure you've already checked the extension. Very weird problem, I've never heard of it happening.

The way i do it, is drag the gif to the desktop, make sure that it saves as a .gif and not .jpg. Once on the desktop, i open finder, and then just drag them into whatever folder i want. To post them, i just upload them to tinypic. Hope that helps out...

They open in preview, as individual frame rates. So, to see the entire .gif in action, you have hold the down arrow-key and it should play through all the frames of the .gif.

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

They open in preview, as individual frame rates. So, to see the entire .gif in action, you have hold the down arrow-key and it should play through all the frames of the .gif.

Thank you, this worked. 

Oh, I didn't keep the original .gif extension when I saved them. I save them as my own personal files names. Like, "Ray J staring" etc. Hopefully this isn't problematic in the future

You can save them under whatever name you want, just make sure the extension is .gif or they won't work. You can also see the whole gif without doing anything once they are placed in your finder you should just be able to click on them and it shows the gif to the right of where you clicked on. 

Back
Top Bottom