How do I get hair like this?

seriously u gotta go to one of those 100 dollar beauty salons. Learn what they do and repeat

What a coincidence, I just tried to fix my hair like that an hour go. I'm usually successful 40% of the time. Couldn't get it today. I even tried it with a comb but having a perfect line where the part is looks ridiculous. It only looks good if its kinda messy. My hair is stubborn and likes to stick up too_OP, you need to get the right haircut, practice, and figure out what hair product works best for you.

Don-Draper.gif

Don-Draper1.png

Been watching Mad Men. Wish I could get my hair like this. Boss
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Wilroc

Been watching Mad Men. Wish I could get my hair like this. Boss
pimp.gif
Thats a different hair style tho
the look is affected by length here. I think this will be OP's best choice. Long hair then style it.

You need to go to a good stylist instead of a barber. I'm not talking supercuts either. The price is going to be more but a good haircut is worth paying a little extra.

Plus you can let this haircut grow out. IMO it looks better after a month or so. So the price difference works itself out.

Also bring a picture but the side part is pretty popular now so they should know what your talking about already. 

It is pretty easy to get that haircut if you have thick or semi thick wavy hair and you go to a good stylist. You probably don't even need that extra strength holding gel. Just a regular styling gel.

good hair genes FTW
pimp.gif

I have very thick hair but that's just way too much effort for me daily to have something like that. 7mm is where it's at
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Originally Posted by proper english

Originally Posted by HankMoody

I have thick/coarse hair... I can get my hair near that style but it's very hard to manage. A big thing is asking your barber to thin out your hair. Otherwise., it gets very messy.
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

#goodproblems

wait what?...
is there method that does the opposite? 

?

I'm talking about these scissors. I didn't know about 'em for years... #feltbadman

wahl_thinning_scissors.jpg
Yup, those help out so much. I have thick straight hair and I always ask them to thin it out. I also tried a pomade which gives a light and manageable hold.

If you don't want to bring a pic in, only other option is to tell em how you want it. I'm sure most people know who Ryan Renolds is. I got my haircut today and I told her I want it shorter on the sides, scissor cut on top, and thinned out. I also showed her how I wanted to style it.

Why don't you want to bring a pic in? I just recently did it for the first time and it was the best experience of my life...No lie. I brought in the photo of David Beckham at the royal wedding and my barber got it spot on.

I (along with every boy on earth with straight hair) had this style in elementary school in the 90s. You just need to grow it out and then comb it. I have too much hair though, so it's hard to manage for me without using hair products. Actually I just realized I'm rockin it right now, haven't cut my hair in 3 months 
laugh.gif

I wish I had the "too much hair" problem. I'm not complaining because I like having a low Caesar, but it kind of bothers me that it's become pretty much my only viable hair option. I had my hair long about a year and a half ago--I liked it, but it was a nuisance to keep up with (having to style it and all in the mornings). Being able to roll out of bed and have my hair already in place is too useful for me.

Anyway... I have some friends who are hair stylists. They say to just bring in a picture. They work well off having a visualization rather than some sort of vague description of what you want.

Y'all don't know how jelly I am that you guys are having a discussion on how to thin out your hair.

just realized how sucky it would be to have curly/nappy hair. no versatility at all

straight hair ftw!

Back
Top Bottom