How do I get rid of the formerly known as under my name?

I didn't have it up until a couple days ago. Can I remove my old name or does it go away?

Thanks

We'll need those to help reduce confusion with so many people all changing their account names at once. We may remove those labels after a year or so, once everyone's had a chance to change their name and adjust to the name changes of others.

Can I request to remove mine sooner or something? I changed my name to get away from my old name. I could have just left it alone if I'm going to have to keep it for a year or so.

If someone tries to @mention ballerific703, it won't work. Even if someone follows you, it would be difficult for them to know who you were without that "formerly" label. If you want a complete break, you can replace your current account with a new one. For those who change from an established name to a new one, we're adding those user titles to help minimize the chaos.

There isn't a feature in the system we can use to schedule everyone's title removal automatically after a set amount of time has passed, so, rather than trying to do them all individually and by hand, which would be a nightmare, it makes a lot more sense to just clear the slate on the custom titles a set amount of time after the relaunch. It could be less than a year, depending on how many users continue to use the feature.

Will this be the same if we want to reformat our username from lowercase to uppercase?

EDIT - Nevermind I see the other thread.

I'm the opposite Meth... I still haven't gotten my formerly yet and I would like it lol

If someone tries to @mention ballerific703, it won't work. Even if someone follows you, it would be difficult for them to know who you were without that "formerly" label. If you want a complete break, you can replace your current account with a new one. For those who change from an established name to a new one, we're adding those user titles to help minimize the chaos.

There isn't a feature in the system we can use to schedule everyone's title removal automatically after a set amount of time has passed, so, rather than trying to do them all individually and by hand, which would be a nightmare, it makes a lot more sense to just clear the slate on the custom titles a set amount of time after the relaunch. It could be less than a year, depending on how many users continue to use the feature.
Were allowed to replace accounts with a new one?

Can I also have the formerly known put under mine "utep2step" lol

Back
Top Bottom