How do I go about becoming an NBA ref. vol. Guap...

Joined Dec 3, 2007
I'm watching the Denver vs. Lakers game and Jeff Van Gundy just said officials make $300,000 a year...

This in response to the other dude saying they didn't have an easy job. Point is, i aint know they made that much...so how does one go about securingemployment as an NBA ref...

november33rd

Banned
Joined Apr 29, 2009
You have to become an NBDL ref first. But you're probably going to need like 20 years of college/hs/foreign/etc. ref experience.

Joined Jun 24, 2005
One of my closest friends dad is an NBA ref. It's kinda weird how he got the job, but my friend is looking at the same route. Best thing to do is startgoing to referee camp in the summer, which is expensive. It cost just as much as tuition for an in-state school. Once you go through that, you could startdoing HS/AAU games and then you will slowly move up into the college ranks than the NBA ranks. It's basically all about who you know too.

Joined Jul 5, 2007
you have to go to referee school and work your way up to the pros... atleast that's how you do it in hockey. Probably the same for basketball.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now