How do I make a baby lose weight?

My neice is 16 months old, currently wears a sz 18months in clothes and just seems fat to me. Her stomach is big, but I guess baby's are supposed to befat, I don't know. When I play with her, I just chase her around and she starts crying and be ready to quit all early. But anyways, is it possible torestrict calories without depriving the body of something needed for it's development? Because if it was up to me, she'd be on Atkins or something, buti'm afraid she might lose her motor skills or something.

Edit -

You can do serious damage to a kid if they don't get the nutrition they need... Yes, that includes fats

Babies are supposed to be fat, I was fat as hell as a baby and now I'm a twig. She'll lose it most likely.

I was a fat baby too, now I'm real skinny with a real high metabolism. My parents basically starved me, I would cry for food but they couldn't feed meor I would get obese.

As always you should ask the doctor about it, but in any case you may want to be stricter with the feeding, not let the girl indulge herself too much.

its a baby leave her alone. if she aint fat like those babies on maury shes ok.

Not without resorting to child abuse.

As long as she has a healthy diet kids that age will eat what they need - sure if all your giving them is chips and pop they will be unhealthy, but if it'sa decent diet then they will be fine.

Can we substitute skim milk for the whole milk and Similac? And I'm sue my sister doesn't nurse. They feed her the same stuff they eat, which my familyeats the crappiest of foods, fried everything with extra butter and gravy and syrup type menus. When I go back to the house, I think I'm going to eat upall her lil' Chef Boyardee bowls, candies, and other treats and replace them with some boneless skinless chicken and fat free yogurt.

2 months size isn't that big a deal I say, eliminating the junk is probably the right thing though.

Dont feed the baby basically. But overall Babies are suppose to be chunky and all... not obese but they need there nutrients

Lock this thread up
smh.gif
..... Babies need all the nutrients they can get, don't deprive them smh...

Children under 3 should be drinking whole milk, then go to reduced fat after 3 yrs old. The junk is not good, of course and should be avoided but unlessyou're her parent and in contact with a pediatrician there is not much you can do.

Can we substitute skim milk for the whole milk and Similac?

Nope, a baby should be drinking whole milk - the fats are necessary for brain development.

Doesn't help now but the WHO recommend that babies are breastfeed for at least 2 years - it should be their sole source of food for 6 months, the majorityuntil 1 year and then just a few times a day for the final year.

Most people don't get anywhere near that in the Western world.

cool thread
laugh.gif

somebody probably gonna make a million of this !*@$ one day. have some infant workout dvd or some bull !*@$
laugh.gif
smh.gif

but i think its a case of not feeding them everytime they cry or whine. oh and keep em off sugar. my kids aint gonna even know what sweets (or candy asy'all call it) is. Gona try have em on some Rod an Todd Flanders kinda stuff.

but yeah, i got a fat 2nd cousin. lil bastard been eatin grown man portions since he was 4-5. dude is huge and he has health problems because of it.sickenin...bad parenting ftl
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom