how do i stop the yellowing on my black cement 3's from 2000

You can wrap them in plastic grocery bags when in the box to slow the yellowing. It should be relatively dye free. Really though, once they start yellowing,they keep on going. Probably time to repaint. Angelus.

Welcome to NT, but you posted in the wrong thread. But as far as the yellowing, it will happen no matter how you store them. All you can do is slow it down foras long as you can before they turn butter yellow. You can always repaint.

Originally Posted by Raygotsjays

http://niketalk.com/topic/15471
wrong thread, and the only way u can stop it is by not wearing em sorry

Not wearing them won't stop them from yellowing. I've worn both my flips and fire reds only once, cleaned them and dropped them back in the box. Theyhave begun the yellowing process unfortunately. They're just shoes though. Not a big deal.

Yellowing is all about climate.

once the process has started, there's nothing you can do. welcome to nt. just repaint with angelus paint if it bothers you that much. i can see your nextquestion; " why are my black/cement iii's starting to crack on me after 1 wear?"

cover them in latex
laugh.gif

i wear my Fire 3s on and off occasionally, the only yellowing is the back heel tab, put some silica gel packs in the box, thats wat i do. i dunno if it helpsbut it couldn't hurt.

is anyone else's 07 fire 3s yellowing yet? mine aren't bad at all

Originally Posted by Jordan0589

i wear my Fire 3s on and off occasionally, the only yellowing is the back heel tab, put some silica gel packs in the box, thats wat i do. i dunno if it helps but it couldn't hurt.

is anyone else's 07 fire 3s yellowing yet? mine aren't bad at all

mine too. its kinda heart breaking...

my 07 fire red's are starting to yellow too on the back tab. and the sole cracking happens to everyone too, i guess.

repaint them, you can't stop them from yellowing once it started to turn. think about it tho. those things are almost a decade old. they not going to lookas fresh as when you first bought them, they aged. it happens to all shoes no matter how great you store them. I never got the idea of keeping shoes like that.I gotta wear mines. use them for what they were made for. Make no sense paying all that money to keep them in the closet. I can't front tho, I got some DSheat from 5 years back that im scared to wear cuz they just look good fresh out the box, but i will eventually wear them in the summer.

There is an individual who restores J's, not sure if he is still around on NT. I remember seeing some of his restoration work and he always did a great jobon III's. His painting of the midsole was on point.

Back
Top Bottom