HOW DO OTHER COUNTRIES VIEW AFRICAN AMERICANS? (DARK & LIGHT SKINNED)

Originally Posted by TrueshotAura

I'm african american but went I went to south america alot of them thought I was a native
laugh.gif
when they hear you speak you turn into a gringo

Woah. All this time I thought you were Caucasian.

It's pretty obvious that the average African-American seen in other countries is a rapper or maybe an athlete. Basically, as said, before, loud,foulmouthed, ghetto-talking hoodlums (rappers at least). And probably good at basketball too
grin.gif

It's really all love anywhere you go, I'm in Italy but:

Qatar: They love us because they know we come with bread. Alot of them listen to rap. Some of it's very old so their slang is confusing because Americansswitch styles over night. They'll actually brush off our white counterparts and greet us warmly with some strange handshake and call you "mybrother"...it's freaking hilarious.

Germany, Korea, Japan: Black men are preyed upon by these country's women.

Italy: There is a large number of Africans due to it being so close. Unless you dress really horrible and have bad hair you should stand out immediately and itwill be all love. Due to this separate treatment thing going on plus other feelings they may have about our history, Africans really aren't too fond of usalthough it's all smiles and waves when I come through. If you've seen the movie Miracle At St. Anna, it's still kind of like that. Italian womenare very curious and will just flat out stare. In the club I'll be drunk and just walk up to one and say something in my smooth Barry White typeBaritone...yeah, it's a beautiful thing. I'm also in the priveleged position of being nowhere near a military base so it might be different dependingon if the town you are in is used to seeing Americans. There's only 10 of us where I'm at.

I'm African myself, when I first arrived to the states I felt and believed that Black Americans and Africans are the same, but as I grew older I notice avast difference changing my mind state about black American especially the ignorant ones.
tired.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Illuztrious

Qatar: They love us because they know we come with bread. Alot of them listen to rap. Some of it's very old so their slang is confusing because Americans switch styles over night. They'll actually brush off our white counterparts and greet us warmly with some strange handshake and call you "my brother"...it's freaking hilarious.

Italy: There is a large number of Africans due to it being so close. Unless you dress really horrible and have bad hair you should stand out immediately and it will be all love. Due to this separate treatment thing going on plus other feelings they may have about our history, Africans really aren't too fond of us although it's all smiles and waves when I come through. If you've seen the movie Miracle At St. Anna, it's still kind of like that. Italian women are very curious and will just flat out stare. In the club I'll be drunk and just walk up to one and say something in my smooth Barry White type Baritone...yeah, it's a beautiful thing. I'm also in the priveleged position of being nowhere near a military base so it might be different depending on if the town you are in is used to seeing Americans. There's only 10 of us where I'm at.
I heard otherwise but I can definitely see them appreciating a well-spoken, humble, nicely dressed African American young man. That's reallyrefreshing to hear because I always wanted to go to Italy.

that's why I don't consider myself "African American" when I go downtown some of them Africans just straight up look down on black Americanpeople, you go in to a African owned gas station and dudes will straight up talk to you like crap, and try to cheat you out your money

Originally Posted by DaNiKeRhiNo

Qatar: They love us because they know we come with bread. Alot of them listen to rap. Some of it's very old so their slang is confusing because Americans switch styles over night. They'll actually brush off our white counterparts and greet us warmly with some strange handshake and call you "my brother"...it's freaking hilarious.

Italy: There is a large number of Africans due to it being so close. Unless you dress really horrible and have bad hair you should stand out immediately and it will be all love. Due to this separate treatment thing going on plus other feelings they may have about our history, Africans really aren't too fond of us although it's all smiles and waves when I come through. If you've seen the movie Miracle At St. Anna, it's still kind of like that. Italian women are very curious and will just flat out stare. In the club I'll be drunk and just walk up to one and say something in my smooth Barry White type Baritone...yeah, it's a beautiful thing. I'm also in the priveleged position of being nowhere near a military base so it might be different depending on if the town you are in is used to seeing Americans. There's only 10 of us where I'm at.
I heard otherwise but I can definitely see them appreciating a well-spoken, humble, nicely dressed African American young man. That's really refreshing to hear because I always wanted to go to Italy.
No time like the present...it's a very beautiful country. Spring is coming so everything is blooming and the days are getting longer....I loveit.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Keithahundred

that's why I don't consider myself "African American" when I go downtown some of them Africans just straight up look down on black American people, you go in to a African owned gas station and dudes will straight up talk to you like crap, and try to cheat you out your money
I've never identified with the term African-American either. I'm straight up American.

Originally Posted by 51and3rd

Not to sound ignorant just a curious question for the NTer's not from America. I've heard that true Africans dislike us and that Asians love us, any truth behind this and for what reasons.

And is LeBron really God in China?

That's a lie..I never heard of true Africans hating..
eyes.gif

I don't know about the asian thing..you need to go to Africa and see how much love you get.

Not to sound ignorant just a curious question for the NTer's not from America. I've heard that true Africans dislike us and that Asians love us, any truth behind this and for what reasons.

Asians....really?, maybe it depends what kind.

Originally Posted by Ajwings23

That's a lie..I never heard of true Africans hating..
eyes.gif

I don't know about the asian thing..you need to go to Africa and see how much love you get.
Not quite...they actually have a derogatory term for Black Americans, something to the effect of cotton picker. It's crazy, right?

FROM A TRUE AFRICAN

You have realize that other countries including african ones get their impression of blacks the same way whites do. From the media.

Just cause their african DOES NOT mean they are any less susceptible to ignorance due to media or generalizing specific situations.

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Originally Posted by TrueshotAura

I'm african american but went I went to south america alot of them thought I was a native
laugh.gif
when they hear you speak you turn into a gringo

Woah. All this time I thought you were Caucasian.

You're half wrong...or right...however you want to look at it.

Originally Posted by CoolLiquidFlames

smoking in Africa is normal, if fact we used way harder hallucinogens for religious purposes

And that's completely cool with me. I wont judge you for that. So what is it about African Americans that saddens you? And dont say any kind ofsubstance abuse, be it drugs, money, women or anything like that because you just stated that it's common to use hard hallucinogens on your side. Why dontAfricans reach out to help if they seriously feel it's soo messed up. I see it happening from black Americans all the time for you all. I think that itcomes down to a nationality issue more so than race.

I guess the media does play a role on how we are percieved in different countries, but how do you defend an African that stay here, that has seen the peoplewho actually do have sense, because from who I have seen some don't care if your smart, educated, and have sense they still think we are "stupid"and some Asians do it to

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

smoking in Africa is normal, if fact we used way harder hallucinogens for religious purposes

I hate these generalizations about Africa....Africa is a huge place with very diverse cultures, tribes, ethnic groups, even races of people.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

I hate these generalizations about Africa the world....Africa Earth is a huge place with very diverse cultures, tribes, ethnic groups, even races of people.
Word.

Originally Posted by LESfamilia

I was discussing this with an African exchange student in the student center yesterday. He said they basically feel like all we care about here is stunting, mistreating women, and other displays of debauchery. Couldn't really argue there...

What's to argue about wanting nice things, does that give you the right to look down on someone(do they expect our lives to be similiar as theirs, we stayin two different types of worlds when you look at it) and let's not get on how women are treated in some countries in Africa, shhhhhh is just sad how womenare looked at and treated over there, but don't mind me I'm just getting info from the "media"

My cousin tells me Polish women love them some black men, he had a polish girl. And what Keithahundred said is true.

I also heard that it's not wise for us to visit most eastern European countries either.
tired.gif

False yet again. Slovakia, Czech Republic, Romania, Greece....all love us. Where are you getting this info from out of curiosity?

I also heard that it's not wise for us to visit most eastern European countries either.
tired.gif

False yet again. Slovakia, Czech Republic, Romania, Greece....all love us. Where are you getting this info from out of curiosity?
A few of my cousins are in the military. One is stationed in South Korea, one is in Berlin and the other one just came back from Bulgaria beforehe was called back to Afghanistan.

Im from africa.... and for the most part the mindstates of african americans of this genration sadden me... alot of the older heads got it right though...

I get alot of respect from Africans... I guess it's all about how you carry yourself (integrity, decency, respect, etc). Who knows man lol..

Back
Top Bottom