How do UPS workers get away so fast???

Originally Posted by YoungSk8

laugh.gif
roll.gif
i'm a driver fellas. a route has about 100-150 stops and you also have to start your pick ups at 2pm or 3pm. so if it doesn't need a sig i'm leaving the package (if its a good area). cuz i got 149 more stops to do. your looking at about 12hrs shifts.

i guess i exaggerated on the 300-400 packages in the truck but man the truck are packed.. you would'nt think they woould hold so many boxes. I'll putin about 3 more years @ UPS then I'll bid to be a driver

laugh.gif
roll.gif
i'm a driver fellas. a route has about 100-150 stops and you also have to start your pick ups at 2pm or 3pm. so if it doesn't need a sig i'm leaving the package (if its a good area). cuz i got 149 more stops to do. your looking at about 12hrs shifts.

props to you.

people dont realize how hard that job can be and the hours are long.

not worth the $ at all imo. but somebody gotta do it.

Originally Posted by AJChick23

roll.gif
at that YT video...duke just tossed it like a horse shoe and dipped.

i mean yeah it was funny.
but you describing it like a horse shoe proceeding a "dip" was HILARIOUS
roll.gif

I also noticed how fast the drivers were when i did driver helper this past holiday season. PEAK SEASON FTL!
mad.gif

(
mad.gif
10hrs delivering packages and then another 5 at the warehouse in thenight shift! money was
pimp.gif
though)

Its also a lot of +$$$ before he can just ring toss your box to your front door.
He's gotta open the door to walk to where the packages are, dig through the hundreds of boxes and envelopes, find what he's looking for, close thedoor, turn off the truck, take out the keys and make the delivery in a matter of seconds.

laugh.gif
This is so true, I come running down the stairs a sec after I hear the door bell and they're already driving off.

I work at UPS and have went out on routes to run the packages to the door...you're honestly only alloted like 30 seconds-1 minute per house...the clockstarts when the truck stops and runs til ur back in the truck...

So whoever made the mention about only sticking around if a signature is required...perfect answer...

Originally Posted by seniosoul

laugh.gif
roll.gif

i guess i exaggerated on the 300-400 packages in the truck but man the truck are packed.. you would'nt think they woould hold so many boxes. I'll put in about 3 more years @ UPS then I'll bid to be a driver
naw bro your right on! our business stops are the ones that have the most packages (10-????) its endless. the houses/apts only 1-2 packages.
i think the money is worth it i get paid $23/hr for 8hrs then $34.50/hr an overtime. and naw thats not my truck in my avy.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
roll.gif

i guess i exaggerated on the 300-400 packages in the truck but man the truck are packed.. you would'nt think they woould hold so many boxes. I'll put in about 3 more years @ UPS then I'll bid to be a driver
naw bro your right on! our business stops are the ones that have the most packages (10-????) its endless. the houses/apts only 1-2 packages.
i think the money is worth it i get paid $23/hr for 8hrs then $34.50/hr an overtime. and naw thats not my truck in my avy.
laugh.gif

word, stops and number of packages are different. And dudes cake, tell em how much you gon be making in like 5 yrs. And it aint really that rough a job ifyou worked inside before driving. Im thinking i shoulda stuck around, said screw school and just accept UPS as my career.

Originally Posted by Dr Spaceman

laugh.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif

word, stops and number of packages are different. And dudes cake, tell em how much you gon be making in like 5 yrs. And it aint really that rough a job if you worked inside before driving. Im thinking i shoulda stuck around, said screw school and just accept UPS as my career.
yeah man the dudes who have been driving for years take home a little over $2,000 every thursday. i've only been driving for a year and ahalf. but you made the right choice by staying in school bro. get your degree and come be my boss
laugh.gif

HOLY S! thats a lot of money driving a lil brown truck around!!!! I get 8.75 an hour and yall makin like 3-4 times as much!

that vid was ridiculous btw

I thought I was the only one that felt that way every time I'm expecting a package I usually hang around the front of the house dude rings the doorbell bythe time I get to the door I don't even see the truck anymore those dudes are mad quick

Lol..THe Drivers are making BANK...I swear to you.. depending on overtime, 70 to 80k per year..thats big deal for just a highschool diploma..they work theirbutts off though thats fur sure..they earn every penny..

Back
Top Bottom