How do you cleanse your mind? Vol. Formatting ur hard drive

Self guided meditation has helped me a lot. Got me to a good spot and I feel much more peaceful.

At home, listening to music or reading in my bed always clears my head. Other than that I can't really seem to clear it, I'm always thinking of something. When I was in school I only studied in my bed shortly before going to sleep, I was never able to focus during the day. Within a few minutes my mind would wander off somewhere so I felt it was pointless.

The ideal method for me though is to go for a bicycle ride. It helps that I live in a small rural town with little traffic.

- The foods I eat. Healthier options, especially those with high potassium content. Also avoiding sugar as much as possible

- The gym. Consistently going and making better choices with your food will help you gain mental clarity and obviously physical results as well

- Meditation, not much to it. I just think about everything that's recurring in my mind a lot, whether good or bad. I don't try to "fight" any thoughts I have and embrace things I can or can't change

- Cleaning the space around you. I'd recommend reading the book Goodbye, things as well on minimalism and getting rid of a lot of material things in your life you don't need

- Being mindful of the people in your life. Reaching out to close ones is important; that four minute call means a lot to some and it feels rewarding to know that I can have that effect. Don't isolate yourself too much, but you also wanna pay attention to those in your life who aren't doing anything to motivate you, or are simply holding you back; start considering cutting ties

- If you have someone to vent to about any stress you're dealing with, take advantage of it and appreciate them and let them know how much you appreciate them, and be ready to do the same for them.

Overall, I make notes in my phone of what I'm going to do for the week, so things aren't too overwhelming when thinking about long term goals. I check off everything I've done and it feels satisfying when I look at them at the end of the week. I don't get discouraged about missing a goal, and just add it to the next week. It's more so a daily thing for me to gain discipline as well. Hope this helps someone.

Back
Top Bottom