how do you feel about da whole Hong Kong X China X NBA (and other US companies caught in middle) situation?

Makes me glad we live in Murica'. They're limiting what you can say, what you can read about, how many kids you can have.. China still in the dark ages in terms of freedom imo.
Companies risk losing a ton of revenue by losing China, but I got respect for any that stands behind freedom of speech. China tearing down NBA banners and canceled "NBA cares" events. NBA said they're still gonna donate computers to their kids even if canceled..

China stays acting like a big baby but there’s no way they’re letting go of HK. I don’t believe the HK protestors even stand a chance.

I’ve been out of the loop.... cliffs or explain plz

watch embedded video I posted, it's succinctly and beautifully sums up whole scenario.

but if you want super duper short story version, it's basically Hong Kong is fighting for freedom of speech vs. communist Chinese government and Western world companies are stuck between earning a buck or standing on principles of Western values.

I see both sides.

I see Morey wanting to speak out vs. what he feels is an injustice

I also see that Americans love involving themselves in matters that don't concern them.

Money rules evrything, so the NBA needs to make that thing right. (If they even CAN at this point).

the NBA is a Business first, ran by multiple billionaires who also own companies that have to work in China.... Adam Silver isn't gonna do a damn thing further than he's already done. Politicians from both sides are gonna try to use this as a clout chase... and in America will care about the NBA staying "quiet" about this.

Look I def don't think it's good that China is trying to silence political dissent.

and I def would prefer if corporations, the NBA included put social welfare over a ****ing extra nickle of profits.

but for ****ing decades the principle belief of capitalism was that the only social responsibility corporations have is to increase shareholder profits

and I didn't hear a peep from NONE of thees right wingers,

it's only now that there are enough black and brown people that corporations actually have to pay attention to us that it's a problem.

It's an OBVIOUS attempt to de-legitimize black political dissent.

You got cats who were on the "shut up on dribble" tip a week ago, suddenly ready to start the revolution, demanding that black atheltes be on the front lines.

**** is obvious, do not be fooled.

Pretty much confirms what I already knew. When it comes to issues that don't effect the bottom line to allign themselves with, they're "more than athletes". But when the money is in danger they shut up and dribble. Funny how Jordan's been criticized for years for not speaking up on certain issues, turns out he was the realest one out. All I know is I'm not trying to hear **** from NBA players that isn't directly related to the game. All that woke **** was obviously just for show.

Pretty much confirms what I already knew. When it comes to issues that don't effect the bottom line to allign themselves with, they're "more than athletes". But when the money is in danger they shut up and dribble. Funny how Jordan's been criticized for years for not speaking up on certain issues, turns out he was the realest one out. All I know is I'm not trying to hear **** from NBA players that isn't directly related to the game. All that woke **** was obviously just for show.

A majority of these athletes don't have anything to do with China and their politics over there, why the **** would they be trying to be laying on the frontline for that.

humans should care and fight for rights all around the globe for everyone.

however, I don’t mind nba players not speaking on this. I’m not mad at nba players for prioritizing human rights for their race in their home over human rights in a foreign land. How can we fix other lands when America is ****ed up? Why should lebron or Curry fight for Human rights in China when they get told to “shutup and dribble” when they criticize racist **** going in America?

I applaud dudes for fighting for what they believe in but I’m not expected these dudes to be Jesus or the President or some ****. It’s not fair to expect Lebron or Curry to be the leading revolution voices of the world.

What if they simply don't feel educated enough and/or "close" enough to the situation to give their 2cent about?

Why does it have to be, "They ain't really about change?" - :lol:

Back
Top Bottom