how do you feel about da whole Hong Kong X China X NBA (and other US companies caught in middle) situation?

A majority of these athletes don't have anything to do with China and their politics over there, why the **** would they be trying to be laying on the frontline for that.
Actually the majority of these athletes have a lot to do with China. The China NBA market is worth an estimated 4B. There's a reason that they're playing pre-season games over there and why top players visit China every summer..it's big business. Same reason they're keeping quiet. The NBA and shoe companies need their money. If the players don't care, that's one thing..but they're just bowing down to China because they want their business.

Pretty much confirms what I already knew. When it comes to issues that don't effect the bottom line to allign themselves with, they're "more than athletes". But when the money is in danger they shut up and dribble. Funny how Jordan's been criticized for years for not speaking up on certain issues, turns out he was the realest one out. All I know is I'm not trying to hear **** from NBA players that isn't directly related to the game. All that woke **** was obviously just for show.
Sounds like you just been waiting for something like this to use as an example of why players should just "stick to sports" or "shut up and dribble" :smh:

What if they simply don't feel educated enough and/or "close" enough to the situation to give their 2cent about?

Why does it have to be, "They ain't really about change?" - :lol:
It has nothing to do with "education", there's documented censoring taking place. Yet all these players have their own platforms. If they wanted to speak on it they would. They were told to shut up, and they did.

Actually the majority of these athletes have a lot to do with China. The China NBA market is worth an estimated 4B. There's a reason that they're playing pre-season games over there and why top players visit China every summer..it's big business. Same reason they're keeping quiet. The NBA and shoe companies need their money. If the players don't care, that's one thing..but they're just bowing down to China because they want their business.

Of course the companies & league want them to stay quiet, but you compared it to black players making statements against police brutality. Players spoke up about that because it was something that hit very close to home for them & their friends/family.

I highly doubt that many players have a detailed insight on Chinese politics.

China doesn't have freedom of speech, while we do. What's sad is we're punishing people over here for voicing support for Hong Kong. (Pro-Gamer was banned by blizzard for saying he supports HK)
Flip it, and If you voice support for China, there are no repercussions though.

Pretty much confirms what I already knew. When it comes to issues that don't effect the bottom line to allign themselves with, they're "more than athletes". But when the money is in danger they shut up and dribble. Funny how Jordan's been criticized for years for not speaking up on certain issues, turns out he was the realest one out. All I know is I'm not trying to hear **** from NBA players that isn't directly related to the game. All that woke **** was obviously just for show.
Huh? An NBA executive made the comment that caused all this drama. NBA players have nothing to do with this. They are just showing support for the commissioner.

US ain’t any better
I guess cause we don’t execute em by the thousands folks think we better
Nah we just keep em locked up

Some folks might say that being executed is worse than being imprisoned

Not to mention the alleged organ harvesting thing they have going on

They just mad that they are paying us billions in tariff payments like our PRESIDENT ELECT planned. Da Premier is shook when it comes to Donald john Trump. Cue da shook ones video

China is flexing its economic muscle. It’s no longer about manufacturing products there. US companies know they need access to the Chinese consumer for growth. Only way this stops is if the backlash outweighs this, which is very unlikely.

Trumps horribly mismanaged trade “strategy” has done nothing but further emboldened China and give them more leverage. President Xi knows he can tank US markets anytime he wants with a simple headline.

China is flexing its economic muscle. It’s no longer about manufacturing products there. US companies know they need access to the Chinese consumer for growth. Only way this stops is if the backlash outweighs this, which is very unlikely

its getting there boiling point wise.

Reactions: wr
Back
Top Bottom