How Do You Feel About Demonstrations Like This?

How Do You Feel About Demonstrations Like This?

Are you seriously asking this question? Do you expect there to be a wide range of answers?

You just posted the link so that people can hate on all Muslims and you can enjoy it.

If the Danish cartoons are acceptable/allowed then I don't see why this shouldn't be.

It's protest, but trust me alot of NTers who back up flash mobs on WSHH, who say f the police, who say our gov is the worst

will also say how this is wrong.

I hope you didnt start this thread to incite hate man. cuz please believe that i'd rather see that than a kkk member burning a cross outside tyrone's front yard

My only problem is that - Although this is an "isolated" incident .. Those are Muslims speaking their hate towards the US.

Now, if we make a thread about disgusting acts the US military is doing overseas ...

Why can we just say all the Muslims hate the US? Why can we say all this Mosque around the US were celebrating yesterday while most of the rest of the nation were in mourning?

If we can lump sum a certain race, organization, religion, etc?

Just curious!

Originally Posted by tkthafm

If the Danish cartoons are acceptable/allowed then I don't see why this shouldn't be.
Pretty much.
Free speech is free speech.

If only the Muslims involved in this incident saw it the same way though..

Originally Posted by RiKaN HaVoK

Why can we just say all the Muslims hate the US? Why can we say all this Mosque around the US were celebrating yesterday while most of the rest of the nation were in mourning?
Because it's not true. All mosques weren't celebrating. Just because I criticize my governments foreign policy doesn't mean I have a hatred for my country.

These people are angry over the casualties of avoidable war, and have let their emotions take hold of them, becoming live stereotypes which arguably weakens their overall effort.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Are you seriously asking this question? Do you expect there to be a wide range of answers?

You just posted the link so that people can hate on all Muslims and you can enjoy it.
Yes, I am seriously asking this question. Yes, I expect there to be a wide range of answer as evident by the first 4 responses.

I posted this link to have a dialogue about said link.

Originally Posted by Mo Matik

Because it's not true. All mosques weren't celebrating. Just because I criticize my governments foreign policy doesn't mean I have a hatred for my country.

These people are angry over the casualties of avoidable war, and have let their emotions take hold of them, becoming live stereotypes which arguably weakens their overall effort.
I can understand your point, but if one is to protest against the war why have signs like Islam will Dominate the World?
My point is that I have seen countless thread where people insult our Country, Policies, Military, etc for actions a selected few have done. So in turn if anyone starts bashing Muslims and stereotyping them, no one should have a problem. After all like educated individuals we are we see images like this and we can come to a conclusion that all Muslims hate Americans and the Nation of Islam is looking to take over the world. RIGHT?

Originally Posted by nestasprotege

Originally Posted by rashi

I don't see anything wrong with that protest.
Does the burning of the flag incite any sense of anger?

Maybe he is not an American!
Maybe he is a Muslim that agrees!

Maybe he doesn't not have any sense of pride!

Maybe he doesn't know what hundred of people have died for!

Maybe .....

I can understand your point, but if one is to protest against the war why have signs like Islam will Dominate the World?
My point is that I have seen countless thread where people insult our Country, Policies, Military, etc for actions a selected few have done. So in turn if anyone starts bashing Muslims and stereotyping them, no one should have a problem. After all like educated individuals we are we see images like this and we can come to a conclusion that all Muslims hate Americans and the Nation of Islam is looking to take over the world. RIGHT?

I really can't tell if you're serious. I hope you aren't, but it wouldn't shock me at all if you were.

Originally Posted by CallHimAR

I really can't tell if you're serious. I hope you aren't, but it wouldn't shock me at all if you were.
please explain ... 
asking a question with a blanket statement ...

What I've bolded there is exactly what educated individuals DON'T do. That, among other things, is why your statement is so ridiculous.

Originally Posted by CallHimAR

What I've bolded there is exactly what educated individuals DON'T do. That, among other things, is why your statement is so ridiculous.

Don't take stuff out of context - If you had followed what I been saying, you would know exactly how I meant it!
"Educated" Individuals  in NT read how a unit massacre a town in Afghanistan and they lump sum all the service members as barbarians and talk all this crap about the US, etc, etc.

So, if they can't do that - why would it be wrong if some other "educated" Nters come in here and state that all Muslims hate Americans and want world domination?  

RiKaN HaVoK wrote:
Don't take stuff out of context - If you followed that I been saying, you would know exactly how I meant it!

No, I actually have no idea how you meant it. Are you trying to say "Well THEY do it so why can't we?!" If so, the answer is there are morons everywhere. That doesn't mean all people everywhere are morons, just some. So the fact that some people were happy that 9/11 happened does not mean that all people like those people were happy 9/11 happened. The same goes for Americans. Just because SOME Americans thought the invasion of Iraq was necessary and just does not mean that ALL Americans thought this. Making blanket statements and ignoring the context and history of a situation is taking the easy way out.
"Educated" Individuals  in NT read how a unit massacre a town in Afghanistan and they lump sum all the service members as barbarians and talk all this crap about the US, etc, etc.

So, if they can't do that - why would it be wrong if some other "educated" Nters come in here and state that all Muslims hate Americans and want world domination?  

Because NEITHER of those statements are true.

If a unit were to massacre a town full of civilians then they SHOULD be referred to as barbaric because that is exactly what that behavior is. That does not mean all service members are. 

And again, there may be SOME Muslims who want to achieve the goals you just stated, however that does not mean ALL Muslims want this.

Starting to see the difference?

Don't necessarily agree with the demonstration, but everyone should be entitled to their freedom of speech.

Flags are pieces of colored cloth that governments use to shrink wrap brains and act as ceremonial shrouds to bury their dead. The American flag doesn't mean anything to me.

Don't take stuff out of context - If you had followed what I been saying, you would know exactly how I meant it!

So the educated NTer is suppose to think that US servicemen are doing a service by an illegal occupation and killing innocent people? Gimme a break.

Soldiers have choices, they choose to kill.

Flags are pieces of colored cloth that governments use to shrink wrap brains and act as ceremonial shrouds to bury their dead. The American flag doesn't mean anything to me.

So, if they can do that - why would it be wrong if some other "educated" Nters come in here and state that all Muslims hate Americans and want world domination? 

So the educated NTer is suppose to think that US servicemen are doing a service by an illegal occupation and killing innocent people? Gimme a break.

Soldiers have choices, they choose to kill.

My dude you have no sense of pride ....
I'm not even going to try and explain anything to a person like you .. Yes I labelled you as a you!

Back
Top Bottom