How Do You Feel Comfortable Celebrating the 4th of July If You're Black?

You're right but I must say ...

if youve been around areas with a high indigenous population and Canadians will start sounding like American racists
Honestly for the most part outside of any large metropolitan areas.

I had to go to school for a year in Muskoka over 15yrs ago. I dunno about now and how much the areas changed (havent been back since), but those times was ****ed the things i heard. I remember thinking no way you can say this in Scarborough and not get your *** kicked.

ahat ahat

I come in ignorance.

1. Are there any locations in CA that are similar to what we call "reservations? Here in America?

2. In general, where do the Natives live now?

ahat ahat

I come in ignorance.

1. Are there any locations in CA that are similar to what we call "reservations? Here in America?

2. In general, where do the Natives live now?
Ya we have reservations here as well. Id say the largest populations live in Ontario and BC, but i think out of the major cities Winnipeg has the hghest percentage.

Weirdly in Canada the far right consertives are generally the more anti-patriotism party.

Canada is a broadly center left cosmopolitan country.

So patriotism here is mostly focused on how "nice" we are....

And it's hard to be a commited anti immigration party or French spratist party and also signal niceness.

And our population is mad low so we need all the immigrants we can get...

Don't scede national myths to the racist.

juelz-santana-dipset-anthem.jpg

You're much better off pulling a juelz Santana and reclaiming it lol.

I’m not the guy chanting USA with a ‘Murica tshirt on but we celebrate.

This country gave my family every opportunity and they took it. My dad is probably more patriotic than most born Americans.
My mom is less vocal about it but feels the same way.
I understand why many choose not to celebrate. I respect that. But I’m not gonna discount my family’s experience either.

Speaking of the post-Obama backlash...

We have a long way to go before we can have a frank and honest discussion about the history of this country.

Many (maybe most) White liberals aren't trying to have honest conversations about race so we know those fools aren't entertaining any real talks on the subject.

Back
Top Bottom