How Do You Get Rid Of Fruit Flies Vol. UGHHH

They're raping my kitchen, anyone in the same boat?

I hate these pieces of $#!+

I thought about making a paint ball gun with balls filled with raid, and just going Rambo on them *+**@

rambo.jpg

this worked for me..I had a bunch in my kitchen once..

Make a funnel trap:

• Make a cone out of the sheet of paper (like a funnel). Tape the outside of the cone so that it stays in place.
  • Check that the cone fits snugly into a glass or cup.
  • Cut off the tip of the cone so that you now have a funnel.
  • Pour a small amount of cider vinegar into the glass or cup. (Rum mixed with orange juice also works very well - additionally, a half teaspoon of baker's yeast in water can also suffice)
  • Insert the funnel into the glass or cup, but don't let the bottom of the funnel touch the liquid. Tape the funnel in two or three places from the outside so that there is no gap between the glass and the cone.
  • Place your newly created trap on a flat surface. The flies will be attracted by the smell of the fruity vinegar and fly into the cone. The flies will slip down the cone and will either land in the vinegar and drown or will be trapped and not able to get back out. If you leave the trap overnight, the trapped fruit flies will eventually fall into the vinegar and drown.
eg:
IMG_61401.JPG

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Make a funnel trap:

• Make a cone out of the sheet of paper (like a funnel). Tape the outside of the cone so that it stays in place.
  • Pour a small amount of cider vinegar into the glass or cup. (Rum mixed with orange juice also works very well - additionally, a half teaspoon of baker's yeast in water can also suffice)
  • Insert the funnel into the glass or cup, but don't let the bottom of the funnel touch the liquid. Tape the funnel in two or three places from the outside so that there is no gap between the glass and the cone.
  • Place your newly created trap on a flat surface. The flies will be attracted by the smell of the fruity vinegar and fly into the cone. The flies will slip down the cone and will either land in the vinegar and drown or will be trapped and not able to get back out. If you leave the trap overnight, the trapped fruit flies will eventually fall into the vinegar and drown.
eg:
IMG_61401.JPG

Thanks for the tip. Imma try that. I thought it was impossible to get rid of them things.

Make a funnel trap:

eg:
IMG_61401.JPG

Great idea. Won't they make more tho?

I was originally goin' to say throw away your garbage, but Dirty's find is mad nice. If I ever have flies [I don't plan on it, but just in case]I'm goin' with that nifty contraption.

Make a funnel trap:

eg:
IMG_61401.JPG

I work in a lab with fruit flies, and this is basically exactly what we do. Fruit flies are dumb as hell.

Make a funnel trap:

eg:
IMG_61401.JPG

Interesting...I'll definitely have to try this.

Make a funnel trap:

eg:
IMG_61401.JPG

instead of making this contraption, just buy this...

fly_papers_box.jpg

I had em once, I jus threw out what they were attracted to, and they were gone within a couple days

you can also just put the cider vinegar into a cup, put some cling wrap over the top and poke tiny holes in so they can get in but not out, works pretty goodtoo

Originally Posted by HyphySole

I had em once, I jus threw out what they were attracted to, and they were gone within a couple days

Originally Posted by JC5123

you can also just put the cider vinegar into a cup, put some cling wrap over the top and
poke tiny holes in so they can get in but not out, works pretty good too

x2, I've done both in the past.

Back
Top Bottom