How do you guys battle the sweat during summer NT?

Any tips you guys  have other than deodorant? It's mostly my back that always seems to be drenched while my underarms and face/neck are fine.

Does drinking water have to do with it? I've been drinking about 5-6 litres a day since I started working out

You've got to get the right clothes. There are a lot of modern fabrics that don't hold moisture like that - you really feel the difference when you are wearing cotton.

No amount of antiperspirant is going to help that anyway - and I never like the idea of clogging all your pores with chemicals.

Originally Posted by McRaptor

Any tips you guys  have other than deodorant? It's mostly my back that always seems to be drenched while my underarms and face/neck are fine.

Does drinking water have to do with it? I've been drinking about 5-6 gallons a day since I started working out

fry.PNG

Originally Posted by King of Chicago

Does drinking water have to do with it? I've been drinking about 5-6 gallons a day since I started working out

roll.gif
I meant litres don't know why I put that

I always get this circle of sweat on my shirts on my lower back from driving

Oh and baby powdering your sack on a hot day prevents it from getting all sticky and nasty

Constantly dabbing my forehead in between (weightlifting) sets, wearing light cotton shirts, shorts, mesh shoes. Leather/suede is hell for my feet.

Originally Posted by kdawg

You've got to get the right clothes. There are a lot of modern fabrics that don't hold moisture like that - you really feel the difference when you are wearing cotton.

moar in4mayshun pls

Any good boxers or briefs out there made of dri-fit like polyester material?
nerd.gif

Forget baby powder for your sack. Try Fresh Balls it works great. It helps cure bat wings.

I've been drinking about 5-6 litres a day since I started working out  
It's probably due more to exercise.
According to Lance Armstrong's coach, Chris Carmichael, as you become more fit you sweat sooner and you sweat more. In essence, as you increase your exercise intensity and duration, you condition your body to be better prepared for the athletic punishment you regularly put it through. This manifests itself in many ways: low body fat, increased muscle content, stronger bones, higher glycogen storage, lower heart rate. And you sweat like Patrick Ewing.

Your body knows that you're prone to taking off on 50-mile bike rides, and it has to be ready to cool you down. But it can't tell the difference between a pre-ride warm-up and a flight of stairs to your office. So to be on the safe side, it just turns the sweat faucets on and lets loose anytime your heart rate increases by an additional beat per minute.

Read more: The 5 Most Terrifying Side Effects of Exercise | Cracked.com http://www.cracked.com/ar...rcise.html#ixzz1yZdLuuIv

It's the damn worst. I sweat more than the usual person as well. Got that odor swag hahaha

I walked about a mile today and it was pretty amazing to see some dudes out here in this heat not sweating at all on some not of this world steez.

Usually got stay hydrated and dress lightly.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

I walked about a mile today and it was pretty amazing to see some dudes out here in this heat not sweating at all on some not of this world steez.

Usually got stay hydrated and dress lightly.
I hate this. I can't go anywhere in the heat, especially wearing a backpack. The thing about more exercise = more sweat makes me feel a little better, though.
I have the same question as OP; chest and back drenched in this little northeast heat wave.

So many shades, thought I had a lazy eye
So cool I only sweat when babies die

-MonStar

I sweat walking from my front door, to my driveway when it's hot. Yet, I'll see the Indian dudes at work, on the walking trail, dry as a bone. I think it's just an environmental thing in terms of where you hail from, and there isn't much you can do, except wear cotton, and use powder.

Back
Top Bottom