How do you guys feel about prosecutors using rap lyrics in indictments?

I've been wondering this but for lower ranked defendants who likely have more outright dirty money or laundered money as opposed to properly earned income, how do high profile lawyers handle payments?

I absolutely agree that the use of rap lyrics in court cases is prone to conscious or subsconscious negative impressions due to racial bias.
On the other hand, I think it's fair to use lyrics that explicitly describe a specific charged crime that actually happened as described in the lyrics.
I don't know the exact standards of admission but I think it would be fair to only allow the use of lyrics that meet the standard of what I just described.
General lyrics about crime or gang activity should be excluded imo due to the racial bias it tends to invoke.

Last edited:
I've been wondering this but for lower ranked defendants who likely have more outright dirty money or laundered money as opposed to properly earned income, how do high profile lawyers handle payments?
I assume they handle the payments the same way car dealers handle purchases made with ill-gotten money: they take it and don't ask questions.

The defendants are paying for a legit service (legal representation). As long as lawyers can't verify where that money is coming from, they're in the clear.

how can we protest, this is so freaking dumb

:smh:

I've been following this case and as far as I've seen, the lyrics they cited aren't even referencing specific crimes that took place.
I'm not necessarily against the idea of using lyrics in prosecutions but that should be reserved for the likes of drill rappers who routinely and blatantly refer to their involvement in very specific crimes.
In this case it just seems like a tool to prejudice the jury.

Could it be that everyone is growing tired of gangster rap/trap music? Its getting to a point where people are out here doing stuff JUST SO they can rap about it.

I completely agree that it’s not fair to cite lyrics that aren’t specific to the crimes that took place. And also, just in general the American judicial system is trash.

However, rapping about being a criminal while being an actual ****ing criminal is bout the dumbest **** on the planet so it’s really hard for me to feel any type of way about it.

At some point, fair or unfair, dudes just gotta stop being dumb.

As long as it's below 10k at a time the banks don't report it. Generally Lawyers schedule payments per appearance, so although a Murder case starts at 100k and up, it's split thru 12-15 hearings be it arraignments, bond hearing/collateral, discovery requests, excessive continuances (to annoy witnesses), pre trial, jury trial and sentencing

Thought it was dumb back in 2014 when I first heard him to use the stage name young thug.

1. That shh isn't marketable if you're trying to be a household name

2. If you're really about that life, you can't be a celebrity and that at the same time. Just bringing attention to yourself from the police and it will catch up to you

Thought it was dumb back in 2014 when I first heard him to use the stage name young thug.

1. That shh isn't marketable if you're trying to be a household name

2. If you're really about that life, you can't be a celebrity and that at the same time. Just bringing attention to yourself from the police and it will catch up to you
He still became a household name either way

Average white person with a mortgage doesn't know who young thug is. I promise you
When Thug picked his name I doubt this was his target audience tho :lol: …He absolutely became a household name in his lane tho so it wasn’t a detriment to his success

Well it’s worth it to get prosecuted if you get famous in your lane. I’m very much against using rap lyrics in court :lol:

The dude behind Thug lol..

20240113_234520.gif

Last edited:
Average white person with a mortgage doesn't know who young thug is. I promise you
Man damn near every rapper has worked with him. A lot of rappers speak very highly about his music. He’s also been featured on pop star international hits.

Lifestyle was a big and controversial hit, and it was played even here in Belgium. Just that song alone introduced Thugger to tons of people across the world, both because they liked his unique style or they thought he was the worst thing they ever heard. He’s been controversial his whole career in all types of communities who see him as the absolute worst rapper.

I’m not saying he’s as famous as Beyonce or anything but I think you’d be surprised at how well famous or notorious he is in non-hiphop, white and/or overseas communities.

Just to be clear, yes I know I’m a Thugger stan. It’s very sad to think about one of my favorite artists being locked up for possibly decades, but what I’m not going to do is pretend he wasn’t also a plague to society if his charges are proven.
I think convictions or deaths related to criminal behavior of this kind are far too often accompanied by things like King Von (RIP) being glorified as a “real n-word” when he was self-snitching on him being out there hunting black people to kill for sport, even after he got out of Chicago.

That’s just my view on it though.
People need to learn to separate the music from the person and stop glorifying murders etc because the music is fire.. Especially white people.

Last edited:
Bro help me out.

How did you make the gif and how the hell do you post gifs on NT? Been trying for the longest

I use the Screen Recorder feature on phone, I record the part of video you want to make a gif with.

Screenshot_20240114_115400_GIF Maker-Editor.jpg

After I'm done recording I trim and crop parts of the video I don't want through the Gallery app

Screenshot_20240114_115545_One UI Home.jpg

Screenshot_20240114_120200_Studio.jpg

Then I use an app called "Gif Maker Editor" and use the "Video -> GIF" feature

Screenshot_20240114_115343_GIF Maker-Editor.jpg

Then when you pick the settings for the quality and size of the gif, you wanna pick a low resolution, lower quality, and optimization "on".

Screenshot_20240114_115934_GIF Maker-Editor.jpg

The reason I do this is because when you upload a gif to NT, they only allow up to a 5MB file size limit. So you might have to toy around with settings to fall within the 5MB limit.

I use the Screen Recorder feature on phone, I record the part of video you want to make a gif with.

Screenshot_20240114_115400_GIF Maker-Editor.jpg

After I'm done recording I trim and crop parts of the video I don't want through the Gallery app

Screenshot_20240114_115545_One UI Home.jpg

Screenshot_20240114_120200_Studio.jpg

Then I use an app called "Gif Maker Editor" and use the "Video -> GIF" feature

Screenshot_20240114_115343_GIF Maker-Editor.jpg

Then when you pick the settings for the quality and size of the gif, you wanna pick a low resolution, lower quality, and optimization "on".

Screenshot_20240114_115934_GIF Maker-Editor.jpg

The reason I do this is because when you upload a gif to NT, they only allow up to a 5MB file size limit. So you might have to toy around with settings to fall within the 5MB limit.
Thanks 👍

Back
Top Bottom